• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

2012-08-20_LLEGADA_ALEX_SONG_001-Optimized.v1345469108.jpg

"FUCKING YEEEEEES, I'M GOING TO WIN SOMETHING !!!"

Probably the same length contract. Just doubled his wage!

*rockhornssmiley*

There's been quite a few transfers between Arsenal and Barcelona over the last decade - Overmars, Petit, van Bronckhorst, Merida, Henry, Hleb, Fabregas, Song.

sammon4x3129-323207_478x359.jpg

Conor Sammon - Derby County (£1.2million)

Derby County are delighted to announce the signing of striker Conor Sammon for an undisclosed fee from Premier League side Wigan Athletic.

The 25-year-old has ended Nigel Clough’s lengthy pursuit of the Irishman, who has put pen-to-paper on a four-year deal with the Club after the formalities of the move were completed this morning.

He was in attendance at Pride Park Stadium on Saturday to watch Derby draw 2-2 with Sheffield Wednesday, and will go straight into the squad to face Bolton Wanderers on Tuesday evening at the Reebok Stadium - subject to FA & Football League clearance.

Sammon becomes Clough’s seventh signing of the summer following the captures of Richard Keogh, Michael Jacobs, Paul Coutts, James O’Connor, Michael Hoganson and Valentin Gjokaj, and the Rams boss has revealed his delight at being able snap up his number one striking target.

He said: “When we first drew up a list of potential options with regards to bringing in a new striker it’s fair to Conor was top of the list, our number one target actually, so we’re delighted to announce his arrival.

“Having tracked him closely at Kilmarnock and, as everyone knows, been so close to bringing him in 18 months ago, we’ve monitored his progress at Wigan in the Premier League and we know he is capable of finding the back of the net.

“He is going to be a key player for us and when he plays regularly, we know he can score goals. We really like how hard he works too and that means he will fit into our squad comfortably.

Sammon started his career with Irish club Cherry Orchard, before signing a scholarship with University College Dublin AFC ahead of the 2005-06 campaign.

His impressive displays for UCD attracted the interest of fellow League of Ireland side Derry City, and Sammon eventually made a move to the Candystripes in December 2007.

Despite not being able to hold down a regular first-team place at the Brandywell, a number of Scottish sides were made aware of the Irishman’s potential, and after a short trial, Sammon signed a three-year deal with Kilmarnock in July 2008 for an undisclosed fee.

In the 2010-11 campaign, Sammon netted 18 goals in 27 games for Killy and in January 2011, his goalscoring exploits prompted Premier League side Wigan to pay around £600,000 for his services.

The former Republic of Ireland under-21 international made his Premier League debut in March last year, in the Latics’ 1-0 defeat to Manchester City, and Sammon went on to score his first goal for the Club two months later in their 3-2 victory over West Ham United.

0,,10327~11142150,00.jpg

Steven Davies - Bristol City (£1 million)

City have completed the signing of Derby County forward Steven Davies for an undisclosed fee.

The 24-year-old completed a medical at Ashton Gate this morning before penning a three-year contract.

Davies is the club's sixth signing made by Derek McInnes this summer, the manager having stressed the importance of strengthening his forward line.

Davies, a Liverpudlian, began his career at Tranmere Rovers through their youth set-up.

The six-foot, one-inch tall front man appeared 71 times for Tranmere, with a portion of those outings coming on the left wing.

With his contract at Tranmere having run its course, Derby splashed out £725,000 in a tribunal set fee in 2008 to secure Davies' services.

In four seasons, Davies managed to play 94 times, scoring 23 goals, but is now looking forward to a new challenge at Ashton Gate.

He has been handed squad number 16. The deal is subject to FA and Football League clearance, with a view to Davies being involved in tomorrow's npower Championship match with Crystal Palace.

craine-signs-4x376-323331_478x359.jpg

Martin Cranie - Barnsley (free transfer)

Martin Cranie has put pen to paper on a one year deal at Oakwell today (20th August 2012). The former Coventry City defender started his career at Southampton before moving to Portmouth and then onto Coventry City where he made 120 appearances.

Cranie has played for the England national team at every level from Under 17s up to Under 21s.

Martin Cranie, speaking to barnsleyfc.co.uk said, "I'm delighted to have signed for Barnsley. It's taken up to the start of the season to get it done, but I'm glad I am here now. The gaffer has shown a lot of faith in me and when I came in to have a look around he had a lot of good things to say.

"I've been at Leeds training during preseason so I am fit and raring to go.

"Tomorrow night's game at Wolves will be a tough one, but the lads are all positive. On the Saturday they played very well and they deserved to win which is a great positive to take into Tuesday's game."

9E44A096799A7D1398C2EF43F94C6.jpg

Stuart Taylor - Reading (free transfer)

The Royals have signed goalkeeper Stuart Taylor on a one-year contract, while fellow shot stopper Mikkel Andersen has joined Portsmouth on a one-month loan deal.

31-year-old Taylor began his career with Arsenal, was on the books of Champions Manchester City last season and has also played for Aston Villa. He will bring extra experience and cover to our squad, and will take squad number 41.

Danish under 21 international Andersen finalised a loan move to Fratton Park on Saturday morning, and then played the full 90 minutes in the number one shirt as they drew 1-1 at home to AFC Bournemouth that afternoon.

Director of Football Nick Hammond said, "I'm delighted to have signed Stuart, he is a very experienced goalkeeper at the top level and having him here allows us to loan Mikkel Andersen out and get him some games.

"Mikkel was very patient last year, he is an outstanding goalkeeper and did a great service to the team last season supporting Adam Federici so has fully earned the opportunity to go and play."

Andersen, 23, has already played more than 70 games in England, as well as many for his country at youth level.

0,,1~11141931,00.jpg

Josh McEachran - Middlesbrough (loan)

BORO have completed the signing of Chelsea's highly-rated England U-21 international midfielder Josh McEachran on a season-long loan.

The talented 19-year-old will be available for selection when Tony Mowbray's men begin their home npower Championship programme against Burnley at the Riverside tomorrow night.

Born in Oxfordshire to Scottish parents, McEachran was spotted by a Chelsea scout playing football for Garden City in the Oxford Mail Boys League at the age of eight.

He has since enjoyed a meteoric rise, establishing himself as one of the most exciting young talents in the English game, known for his vision, skill and ability to unlock defences.

McEachran made his Chelsea debut as a substitute against MŠK Žilina in September 2010, becoming the first player to be born after the launch of the UEFA Champions League to take part in the competition.

After nine starts and 13 sub appearances that season, he was named Chelsea's Young Player of the Year, before signing a new five-year contract. He spent a spell on loan at Swansea last season.

He captained England at U-16 level and played a key role in the England U-17 side to win the 2010 European U-17 Championship, alongside Boro's Bruno Pilatos, Luke Williams and Ben Gibson.

He has since represented England at U-19 before making his England U-21 debut while aged just 17.

bassong-4-4x3132-325406_478x359.jpg

Sebastien Bassong - Norwich

CITY have signed Cameroon international defender Sebastien Bassong from Spurs on a three-year deal for an undisclosed fee.

The 26-year-old centre-back started his career with French club FC Metz, where he made 87 appearances before completing a £500,000 move to Newcastle United in the summer of 2008.

Bassong was player of the year for the Magpies in the 2008-09 season, making 30 appearances before moving to Tottenham in August 2009 for a fee reported to be in the region of £8M.

He made a total of 44 appearances for the Londoners, scoring two goals in total including Spurs’ first-ever UEFA Champions League goal against Young Boys in 2010.

Last January he had a spell at Wolves on loan, making nine appearances for the Midlands club.

As a youngster Bassong was a product of the Clairefontaine youth academy, responsible for producing the likes of Thierry Henry, Nicolas Anelka, William Gallas and Louis Saha.

Bassong’s parents are Cameroonian and although he played two games for France at Under-21 level between 2007 and 2009 he was still eligible to play for Cameroon as neither of the games were competitive. He made his debut for the Indomitable Lions in 2009 and has gained 15 caps since.

City boss Chris Hughton commented: “Sebastien is a player that I have known well since my time at Newcastle and I’m delighted to have brought in someone with the Premier League experience he has got.

“He will give us power and pace at the back and again add to the competition in the squad.”

I'm on my phone so fuck getting the article, but AC and Inter have agreed a swap for cassano and pazzini

tumblr_m93r5qXo3e1ql3n2ro1_500.jpg

Alexander Büttner - Man Utd (£3.9million)

Dutch defender Alexander Büttner has today completed his medical, agreed personal terms and signed for Manchester United on a five-year contract until 2017.

The 23-year-old, who was part of Holland's preliminary squad for this summer's European Championship, joins the Reds from Vitesse Arnhem, where he made 119 appearances over the past four years.

Sir Alex Ferguson said: "Alexander is one of the best young left backs in Europe and we're delighted to sign him. He's someone we've been watching for a while now. He gives us some really exciting options in that position."

Alexander Büttner said: "Joining Manchester United is one of the best days of my life. It's a team I have admired for many years now and I can't wait to join my teammates and play my part in helping the club be successful."

He was fucking tragic yesterday.
Hibbert bossed the fuck out of him repeatedly.

ade_celeb730a.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor - Tottenham (£6 million)

We are delighted to announce that we have completed the transfer of Emmanuel Adebayor from Manchester City.

The Togo striker impressed during his loan at White Hart Lane last season, finishing as our top goalscorer with 18 goals in 37 appearances, maintaining his fine scoring record in England which now stands at 99 goals from 224 games.

Voted African Player of the Year in 2008, Emmanuel originally moved to England with Arsenal in January, 2006 before joining Manchester City two-and-a-half years later and also enjoyed a spell on loan with Real Madrid in 2011.

Emmanuel said: "I am pleased to be signing for Spurs on a permanent basis after finally agreeing my departure with Manchester City.

“It may have taken longer than expected but I am delighted to be back at Tottenham Hotspur. I really enjoyed my time here last season and I am hoping we can achieve great things together again."

0,,10327~11146015,00.jpg

Sam Baldock - Bristol City (£1.1million)

City have announced the signing of West Ham United striker Sam Baldock.

Having completed a medical, the 23-year-old has put pen to paper on a three-year deal at the club tonight after City and the Hammers agreed terms on a undisclosed transfer.

A lightning quick five-foot, seven inch-tall forward, Baldock comes highly rated in the game.

Manager Derek McInnes told bcfc.co.uk: "I'm over the moon that we've managed to sign Sam.

"He gives us real threat to stretch defences and is as good a natural finisher as anyone in the division.

"He'll really complement the strikers we already have at the club, as well as a different type of option for our play in general.

"I'd like to thank the board and our owner for really pushing to get this deal done.

"He's a striker we've targeted and worked extremely hard to get. I've no doubts all the effort and commitment will prove dividends."

He came through the Wimbledon FC youth set-up, following the club to MK Dons in 2003.

In 124 appearances, the majority coming in three full seasons, Baldock racked up an impressive 43 goals.

That prompted interest from a host of clubs, but it was West Ham who signed him up in August 2011.

Baldock has been handed squad number 19 and will be presented to the crowd at half-time in tonight's npower Championship game with Crystal Palace.

Although he has signed to late the face the Eagles, fans could see him in action for the first time in Saturday's Severnside derby against Cardiff City at Ashton Gate (1pm).

tumblr_m9637o4bk51rcl7p9o1_500.jpg

Antonio Cassano - Inter Milan (free - swap deal)

F.C. Internazionale welcomes Antonio Cassano. All of the documentation regarding Inter's signing of the striker from AC Milan has been handed in to Lega Serie A. Cassano signed a two-year contract which will run until June 2014.

Antonio Cassano has arrived at Inter’s Appiano Gentile training base ahead of his soon to be confirmed move from Milan.

The Italian international has agreed to join the Nerazzurri after the Rossoneri offered him and €7m cash to their city rivals for Giampaolo Pazzini.

The 30-year-old arrived at the club’s training HQ at around 9am this morning ahead of meeting his new teammates.

Cassano, a boyhood Inter fan, has also played for Bari, Roma, Real Madrid and Sampdoria during his colourful career to date.

Cassano’s transfer has yet to be officially confirmed, but he did pass his Nerazzurri medical on Tuesday.

Inter President Massimo Moratti revealed Andrea Stramaccioni “wanted this transfer” in the Antonio Cassano-Giampaolo Pazzini exchange.

Pazzini already had lunch at Milanello today and underwent his medical, while Cassano agreed terms with the Nerazzurri for the swap plus an added €7m.

“It is an interesting operation,” Moratti told the official Inter website.

“We think it’ll go well because he’s an entertaining and interesting player. We believe he can be useful and our Coach thinks so too.

“Our forwards have scored lots of goals so far and so he’d be helping them to score even more. What system suits him best? I think that’s a question for the Coach, as he’s the one who wanted this transfer. He’ll have a precise idea on how best to use Cassano.”

Stramaccioni only began his senior management career towards the end of last season, but is taking on a player who had rows with top class Coaches like Fabio Capello and Marcello Lippi.

“I don’t think we need to put Cassano on track. He has the personality to do that himself,” replied Moratti.

“He certainly brings enthusiasm, which is an important thing too. We are happy and will now make sure it all goes well.”

The President was asked whether Cassano would make the difference to a transfer session that has been dominated by the economic crisis.

“Yes, but we don’t push to make the difference. We try to do things that can be useful for the club. We have made other transfers this summer, but they were made so early that some have forgotten. We have changed the team.”

Cheers Binny. Knew I could rely on you

Just my usual uimaginative copy and paste post. :oops: Surprised AC Milan are paying for Pazzini. Thought its more of a straight swap. Inter previously signed Pazzini for €12 million + Jonathan Biabiany.

Facebook has recently started telling me 'Things you may like'
Yesterdays was Robin Van Persie.

Dear Facebook.

Eat a dick.

Andy Bell

Back
Top Bottom