• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Confirmed transfers 2012/13

Victor Moses - Chelsea (£9m)

tumblr_m9bq5eiEpq1qhfgjbo1_500.jpg

steed-malbranque-ol-lyon-st-etienne.jpg

Steed Malbranque - Lyon (free transfer)

Steed Malbranque ended his one-year hiatus from top-level football on Saturday by returning to his former club Lyon on a one-year contract.

The 32-year-old French midfielder had been training with Lyon since the beginning of July and took part in some of the club's pre-season friendly matches.

After making his debut with Lyon in 1998, Malbranque joined Fulham in July 2001 and it was to prove the start of a long and fruitful period in English football.

He went on to play for Tottenham Hotspur and Sunderland and scored 39 goals in 333 appearances over a period of 10 seasons in England.

A year ago, he was released by Sunderland and returned to France to join Saint-Etienne, only for his contract to be terminated by mutual consent for personal reasons a few weeks later.

Probably to make up for Yoann Gourcuff's 3 month injury layoff

CLUB ANNOUNCES PARTNERSHIP AGREEMENT WITH REAL MADRID AND TRANSFER OF LUKA MODRIC
The Club can announce that it has signed a partnership agreement with Real Madrid FC and reached agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, subject to medical, to the Spanish club.
The partnership agreement will see the two Clubs working together in respect of players, coaching, best practices and commercial relationships.
Real Madrid FC President, Florentino Perez Rodriguez, said, "The strong relationship and affinity between our two clubs has resulted in the cementing of a longer-term partnership and the successful transfer of Luka Modric. We are delighted to welcome Luka and look forward to working closely with Tottenham in the coming years."
Daniel Levy, Chairman, Tottenham Hotspur, commented, "Luka has been a terrific player for us and, whilst we preferred not to part with him, we are pleased that it is to Real Madrid, a club with which we now look forward to sharing a long and productive partnership."
Luka made 160 appearances for the Club, scoring 17 goals after joining from Dinamo Zagreb in the summer of 2008.
We wish him well for the future.

so does anything ever come of these agreements ?

Satellite

Luka Modric - Real Madrid ( €35 million, plus another €7m in various add-ons)

Real Madrid and Tottenham Hotspurs have reached an agreement for the transfer of Luka Modric, who will sign a five-year contract with the club. Both clubs have also entered into a collaboration agreement.

Luka Modric has become Real Madrid's first signing for the 2012/13 season. The midfielder was Tottenham Hotspur's main playmaker and one of their greatest stars. Modric has great personality and creativity, which allow him to easily connect with teammates and organise the team's game. He is also an excellent assist-man and makes sacrifices for the team.

Born on 9 September 1985, Modric joined Dinamo Zagreb when he was only 16. The Croatian club loaned him to Bosnian First Division side Zrinjski in the 2003/04 campaign and he earned the Best Player award in the championship. He was then loaned to Zapresic, where his football and talent helped them finish second in the Croatian league. He returned to Dinamo in 2005.

In three seasons Modric truly bloomed and won three league titles, two Cups of Croatia and Best Player honours in 2007. Tottenham noticed him and he joined them in the summer of 2008. In four years, he helped turn the English side into one of the greats in the Premier League, reaching the top four in the 2009/10 and 2011/12 seasons, and reaching the Champions League quarterfinals in the 2010/11 campaign, where they lost to Real Madrid. Modric played 127 games in the Premier League, scoring 13 goals and serving 24 assists.

The midfielder is also the standout player on the Croatian national team, with whom he's played 57 encounters and netted eight strikes; he made the Euro 2008 Ideal Team. His international career began with the Under-21s, but he soon made his first team debut with Croatia in 2006 when he was only 20 years old in a 3-2 win over Argentina.

Real Madrid now have a very talented and creative organiser in midfield, an offensive player who can assist his teammates and move the ball around intelligently while always working hard and making sacrifices for the good of the team.

1989b63796ddb198c6c6f884b17b0892_L.jpg

Walter Pandiani - Villarreal (free transfer)

Villarreal have signed veteran striker Walter Pandiani to aid their bid for an immediate return to the La Liga.

Pandiani has already passed his medical and put pen to paper on a one-year contract with the Yellow Submarine and will be presented on Tuesday.

The 36-year-old former Uruguay international has played for a host of teams during his career, including Deportivo La Coruna, Real Mallorca, Espanyol and Osasuna in Spain, Birmingham in England and Penarol in his homeland.

Villarreal suffered a shock relegation from the top flight last season having finished fourth the previous campaign. They have picked up four points from their opening two Segunda Division matches.

razak-4x367-336915_478x359.jpg

Razak Boukari - Wolves (€3.8m)

Wolves are delighted to confirm the arrival of exciting winger Razak Boukari, who has signed a four-year contract after joining from Rennes.

The 25-year-old Togolaise international has completed the move from the French First Division club to become Ståle Solbakken’s sixth senior signing of the summer so far.

Boukari agreed terms and completed a medical over the weekend, visiting Molineux prior to Saturday’s game with Derby before returning home to finalise his personal arrangements.

“I am so very happy to sign for Wolves,” he said.

“It will be a pleasure for me to play for the club and for the fans.

“I know the club have good supporters and I have been to the stadium which I think is beautiful.

“I play in midfield, on the right or the left, and also have the possibility to play as a striker too.

“I think I have good speed to try and take players on and am also good with my head too.

“I know it is not the Premier League but that is not a problem because I just want to play football and hopefully I can do that at Wolves.

“I want to contribute and score goals and help the team do well. – and we want to aim for promotion.

“I know there is pressure and fans wanting us to do well but that is good and I will enjoy it.”

The settling-in process when Boukari reports back tomorrow will be boosted by the fact that former Rennes team-mate Tongo Doumbia is already on a season-long loan at Molineux and he also knows Steven Mouyokolo and Ronald Zubar.

“I already know Tongo obviously, and Steven Mouyokolo and Ronald Zubar, and I have read a lot about the club on the internet,” he added.

“I spoke to Tongo before making my decision and he said it was a very good club and he was enjoying being here.

“I think it is good to know these players already and will help me settle in.

“I signed on Saturday and then went home to see my wife and family and will be back to train with the team tomorrow.”

Boukari started his professional career at French Ligue 2 club Chateauroux, from where he joined Lens in 2006.

In four years at the club he made over 100 appearances and scored 11 goals, moving to Rennes in 2010.

Boukari notched seven goals in 37 appearances for Rennes, the club finishing last season in sixth place in Ligue 1.

Holding dual citizenship with France and Togo, Boukari made his France Under 21 debut against Sweden in 2006 but has since decided to represent Togo, currently having nine international caps to his name and one goal.

Boss Solbakken has predicted a busy week with Wolves trying to bring in several players before the transfer deadline and is pleased to have added Boukari to the squad.

“I am delighted to have signed Razak,” he confirmed.

“He is a winger with good speed who can play on both sides and give us more options in the wide areas.

“We have been aware of him and know he has played a lot of games for Rennes and had some good seasons.

“He had an injury last season but is fit now and ready to go and he will help us in what we are trying to do.”

Boukari will take squad number 17 for the new season.

His signing follows Friday’s arrival of Austrian centre back Georg Margreitter, joining Frank Nouble, Björn Sigurdarson, Tongo Doumbia and Slawomir Peszko as summer arrivals as Solbakken reshapes the Wolves squad.

800604-13662674-640-360.jpg

Michael Ciani - Lazio (€4m)

Michael Ciani is a Lazio player after the Italian club announced his capture from Ligue 1 side Bordeaux.

The 28-year-old moves to the Italian capital after three years at his previous outfit. He’s also appeared for Auxerre in his career.

The defender will be unveiled to the media at the Biancocelesti’s Formello training complex at 5pm local time.

It is thought that the player has cost Lazio around €4m.

Ciani played his final match for the club he joined in 2009 on Sunday, helping Les Girondins to a 0-0 draw with Paris Saint-Germain at the Parc des Princes.

After that match, Ciani said: "It is not official yet because I have to pass a medical examination. The trip is scheduled for tomorrow (Monday) and when I sign I will be relieved.

"I'm happy and sad at the same time. Happy because I am gaining experience at a big club and sad to leave."

Ciani made 90 Ligue 1 appearances in his three years at the Stade Chaban Delmas following his arrival from Lorient in 2009, scoring six goals in that time.

The 28-year-old earned his first and so far only cap for France in 2009, when he started a friendly against Spain which Les Bleus lost 2-0.

MBaye-Niang-Caen.jpg

M'Baye Niang - AC Milan (£2 million plus add-ons)

AC Milan claim to have won the race to sign French starlet M'Baye Niang, with stories on their official website suggesting the highly-rated 17-year-old is poised to join them ahead of Everton.

Two separate articles on the Italians' official site made reference to the Caen striker, who has already represented France at under-21 level, saying he dined with vice-president Adriano Galliani last night and is set to undergo a medical today.

"Adriano Galliani flew into Milan last night and immediately went to a restaurant with new signing M'Baye Niang," read http://www.acmilan.com.

"Today he will have to pass his medical."

A statement on Caen's official website read: "Caen would like to thank M'Baye Niang for what he brought to the club over the course of the past four years.

"The young striker today [Tuesday] signed a three-year contract with AC Milan.

"Caen wish him every success with his new club and in his personal life."

A clearly delighted Niang told Tuttomercatoweb: “I have made a big dream come true by joining Milan. Now it’s up to me to prove that I’m good enough to be in this great club.”

You mean someone would choose to go to AC Milan ahead of Everton? Surely not.

I'm sure kenwright will have an explanation. Like when they bid for Ronaldinho & they didn't get an answer before he chose another club, that was apparently cos he 'didn't like people's clubs'.

At least that's what he told the echo. The bad bellend.

3lg8khwf.jpg

Moussa Dembele - Tottenham (£15 million)

Tottenham have completed the signing of Fulham playmaker Moussa Dembele to replace Luka Modric, the London club has confirmed.

"We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Fulham for the transfer of Mousa Dembele. More details to follow," said Tottenham on their official Twitter page.

Fulham's official website said manager and former Tottenham boss Martin Jol had confirmed a deal after his side lost 1-0 to Sheffield Wednesday in the League Cup.

"The player is currently undergoing a medical," it said.

Dembele, 25, is regarded as a near like-for-like replacement for Modric, who completed his transfer from north London to Real Madrid on Monday.

markbunn-4-3132-341344_478x359.jpg

Mark Bunn - Norwich

CITY have completed the signing of goalkeeper Mark Bunn from Blackburn Rovers on a two year deal, with a year option, for an undisclosed fee.

The 27-year old stopper joins the Canaries to bring further competition to England ‘keeper John Ruddy, who currently occupies the number one shirt at Carrow Road.

Bunn is also well known to the City coaching staff having previously worked with goalkeeping coach Dave Watson, assistant manager Colin Calderwood and first team coach Paul Trollope during their time together at Northampton Town.

On capturing Bunn, City boss Chris Hughton said: "I'm delighted to have signed Mark, he is a ‘keeper that will give us valuable experience and competition at first team level.

“We are fortunate to have two very good young goalkeepers and it will hopefully give us an opportunity to give them experience on loan.

“He will have familiar faces here having worked with Dave Watson at club level and played with a couple of the lads in Bradley Johnson and Steve Morison at Northampton.”

Speaking on his arrival at Carrow Road, Bunn said: “I’m delighted to be here to start a new challenge and I’m looking forward to it.

“I’m looking forward to seeing some familiar faces and getting to know the other lads. It’s a good time for Norwich – it will be a tough season and I think we’ll do well."

On joining up again with his former coach Watson he added: “He’s a great coach and guy and I’ve known him for a while, it’s probably a big factor why I came here, and working with the likes of Dave and John Ruddy too can only improve me as a ‘keeper and I look forward to working with them both. I’ve come here as I want to challenge and I want to play and hopefully whoever is playing well will be in goal for Norwich.”

Bunn started at Tottenham Hotspur as a trainee before joining Northampton Town where he made his debut under City's assistant manager Colin Calderwood.

Making his debut in a 3-0 League Cup win over QPR in 2005, Bunn quickly established himself as number one, going on to make 106 appearances in seven years with the Cobblers.

In 2008 his impressive form at Sixfields was recognised by Blackburn Rovers who signed him up as cover for former England man Paul Robinson.

Bunn went on to make 14 appearances for Rovers in all competitions but has also had loan spells with Leicester City and Sheffield United in his time at Ewood Park.

kr-and-jb-4x3392-340616_478x359.jpg

Jimmy Bullard - MK Dons (free transfer)

MK Dons’ fifth signing of the summer Jimmy Bullard was presented to the stadiummk crowd prior to last night’s clash with Blackburn Rovers.

Hours after putting pen to paper on a deal running up until the end of the calendar year, Bullard was given his number 13 shirt while receiving a tremendous reception from the home crowd.

Dons boss Karl Robinson was delighted with the crowd’s obvious delight at the capture and spoke after the victory over Blackburn Rovers about his latest recruit.

He said: “He got a tremendous reception; the fans really took to him.

“I think that everyone knows what type of player we’ve signed; he can play in midfield, he can play as the number 10 so we can play him in any of them two positions. We know Jimmy can be the guy playing behind the striker bursting through and getting goals; he’s a class act.

“He might have to sit on the bench for the first few weeks and fight for his place but he’s a great character and I can’t wait to work with him on Thursday.”

henri-lansbury-signing-280812-1-4340-339235_478x359.jpg

Henri Lansbury - Nottingham Forest (£1 million)

Arsenal starlet Henri Lansbury signed for Nottingham Forest this afternoon in a four year deal.

The 21 year old has been one of the country’s most talked about midfield prospects and it is a coup for Forest manager Sean O’Driscoll to add him to his extensive recruitment drive.

Lansbury is the seventh permanent signing made by Forest since the Al Hasawi family’s takeover of the club in addition to the loan signings of Daniel Ayala and Sam Hutchinson.

Said Chairman Omar Al Hasawi: “Henri joins us as a young player with a rich pedigree and fits the bill perfectly as the kind of talented player that our manager Sean O’Driscoll is intent on bringing into the club.”

In the last two seasons Lansbury has spent lengthy loan spells with Norwich City and West Ham United and in both instances helped them win promotion from the Championship to the Premier League.

Before that he had gathered first team experience in a loan deal with Scunthorpe United in the 2008-09 season.

In addition to his Arsenal career, Lansbury has represented England at all levels up to Under 21, making 14 appearances for Stuart Pearce’s squad and scoring five goals.

bakary-sako-290812-4x367-340549_478x359.jpg

Bakary Sako - Wolves (£3m-plus)

Wolves are delighted to confirm the arrival of French midfielder Bakary Sako on a three-year deal.

The 24-year-old has joined from St Etienne and will train with his new team-mates for the first time this morning.

Sako was at Molineux for Saturday’s draw with Derby before talks and flying back home, returning to Compton last night to complete a medical and finalise the deal.

“I am very pleased that we have completed the deal to sign Bakary,” said boss Ståle Solbakken.

“He can play on either side and also in behind the striker and has a great left foot which is something we are missing now in attack.

“He has great experience from playing in a top six or seven team in France over the last two seasons and hopefully he can be a matchwinner for us.”

Sako, like fellow new signing Razak Boukari, began his senior career in France with Chateauroux, scoring nine goals in 68 appearances before joining St Etienne in July, 2009.

In his three years with the French First Division club he was on the scoresheet ten times in 67 games.

Born in France but of Malian descent, Sako made ten appearances for the French-under 21 side, during which he was on target twice.
“I am really happy to have signed for Wolves,” he said.

“It is important for me to be joining such an exciting project.

“I have always wanted to play in England because I believe that English football suits my style.

“And I think Wolves is a very good club for me to join.

“I hope to make a lot of assists for Wolves for my team-mates and score some goals as well.

“It will help that I know some of the other players from France and I am sure that will help me settle in.

“I am looking forward to playing for the fans and hopefully I can make them happy.”

Whether Sako is available for tomorrow’s Capital One Cup second round tie with Northampton is subject to international clearance.

emmanuel-mayuka148-339697_478x359.jpg

Emmanuel Mayuka - Southampton (£3m)

Saints have agreed terms over the transfer of forward Emmanuel Mayuka from Swiss Super League side BSC Young Boys.

The 21-year-old will move to St Mary's for an undisclosed fee having agreed a five-year deal to keep him at the Club until the summer of 2017.

Mayuka underwent a successful medical earlier today and will be allocated the number 24 shirt once his move is complete.

The Zambia international has already been granted a work permit by the Home Office and Saints are now awaiting entry clearance for the deal to be fully ratified, which is expected to happen before the end of this week.

Should the formalities be resolved as anticipated, Mayuka will link up with his new team ahead of Sunday's Barclays Premier League home fixture against Manchester United.

"Emmanuel is a lightning-quick striker who I am sure will excite the fans," First Team Manager Nigel Adkins said of the Club's fifth summer signing.

"He is only 21 years old but already has a great deal of experience, notably so at international level.

"He will bring something different to the group that we already have here at Southampton, and I look forward to seeing him pull on our shirt for the first time."

Mayuka has a reputation as one of the brightest talents to come out of Africa in recent years, having moved to Europe in 2008 when he joined Maccabi Tel Aviv from his first club Kabwe Warriors.

He scored seven goals in 29 games for the Israeli outfit, leading him to sign a five-year deal with Young Boys in May 2010.

Mayuka recorded an impressive goalscoring ratio in his 84 appearances for his Bern-based former club, finding the back of the net 32 times in two seasons.

It is on the international stage, though, that the five-foot-nine frontman has made his greatest achievements.

Despite his relatively young age, Mayuka has already been capped 36 times by Zambia since making his debut in 2007.

Three of his ten international goals came in his country's successful 2012 Africa Cup of Nations campaign – he netted against Senegal, Libya and Ghana as the Chipolopolo won the tournament for the first time in their history.

He finished the competition as joint-top goalscorer as one of seven players to score three times, but was awarded the Golden Boot by virtue of having an extra assist to his name.

Mohammed-Abu~2~3.jpg

Mohammad Abu - Rayo Vallecano (loan)

City youngster Mohammad Abu is to join Rayo Vallecano on loan for the season.

Abu spent last season at Norweigan outfit, Stromsgodset, making 35 appearances for the team.

“We think this will be a good move for the player, great experience and a fantastic chance for him to play regularly and get back into the Ghana national team,” said boss Roberto Mancini.

“Mohammed has done well on loan and is a good player with good potential. He will be playing in a top league with high class players.”

With four Ghanian caps to his name, the 20-year old is a highly rated midfielder who was a part of his country’s African Cup of Nations squad for last year’s tournament.

A tenacious, uncompromising player, Mohammed made a big impression in Norway last year, winning a host of admirers thanks to his athleticism, positional discipline and eye for a long range strike.

Abu signed a new long-term contract at City in October 2011 and scored his first goal in professional football shortly after with a 35-yard screamer for Stromgodset against Songdnal

A delighted Abu told mcfc.co.uk at the time, "I'm so happy to get a new contract, and to see that the club have a lot of faith in what I've done. I am working towards the day when I can wear a Manchester City shirt in a first team game."

Rayo Vallecano are widely regarded as Madrid’s third biggest side. Last season Los Franjirrojos finished 15th in their first year back in La Liga since 2002/03.

Rayo play in the 15,500-seater stadium Campo de Futebol de Vallecas.

Everyone at Manchester City would like to wish Mohammad all the best for the season ahead.

On that Mayuka lad: having moved to *Europe* when he joined Maccabi Tel Aviv? UEFA and the Eurovision Song Contest have a lot to answer for. ;)

Moussa Dembele - Tottenham (£15 million)

Dembele730.jpg

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement with Fulham for the transfer of Mousa Dembele.

The Belgium international has won many admirers with his performances in the Premier League since arriving at Craven Cottage in August 2010 from AZ Alkmaar, with who he won the Eredivisie league title in 2009.

Dembele originally joined Fulham as a forward, although his ability to drive forward with the ball and his eye for a pass saw him played in an attacking midfield role last season, a move that proved a huge success. In total, he made 74 appearances for the Cottagers, scoring seven times.

Southampton have made some very astute signings. Clyne, Steven Davis, Jay Rodriguez and now Mayuka to add to what they already have.

206021_525283020821727_394657500_n.jpg

Javier Martinez - Bayern Munich (€40m)

Javier Martinez has completed his transfer from Athletic Bilbao to FC Bayern. The Spain international sealed the deal on Wednesday afternoon by concluding the formalities of cancelling his contract with the Basque club, obtaining clearance for the switch from the Spanish FA (RFEF) and league association (LFP), and signing his new five-year contract, keeping him in Munich until 30 June 2017.

Martinez passed the obligatory pre-transfer medical in the early hours of Wednesday morning at the Munich practice of FCB chief medical officer Dr Hans-Wilhelm Muller-Wohlfahrt. He flew to Madrid later in the morning to finalise arrangements with the FA and league body. “I'm very happy and really looking forward to playing for a club with this extraordinary history," the 23-year-old told FCB.tv, “I've had to wait a long time for this, but the waiting is over at last."

The capture of the 1.90 metre defensive midfielder had been “very complicated, because Athletic Bilbao refused to cooperate from the very first day," revealed FCB chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge, “so we're even more delighted now that Javi Martinez has finally joined us. We've had tax and legal problems to solve over the last few days, but fortunately we've succeeded."

Martinez’ Spanish contract included a €40 million buyout clause, which ultimately made it possible for FCB to sign the 23-year-old. “Obviously it's a very large sum," said Rummenigge, “but the player has made an indirect contribution by foregoing a large sum of his salary. Our management is convinced the player will do very well with us."

The chairman also heard nothing but good things about Martinez from a personal conversation with Spain coach Vicente del Bosque, who named the versatile defender in his trophy-winning squads for the 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012. “He said we should look forward to having this player, because he'll make us an even better footballing side," Rummenigge reported.

Martinez will be officially unveiled at Bayern on Thursday. “The coach has to decide whether he's ready for the squad this weekend," commented Rummenigge. The star signing is the second Basque native to join Munich and, the chairman said, shares many characteristics with former world-class left back Bixente Lizarazu: “He's a big personality, he imposes his authority, and he already has a strong affinity with FC Bayern, as he’s impressively demonstrated in recent days."

The player himself is raring to go with his new club: “Bayern are one of the best teams in Europe and the whole world. There are so many top players here, all of them fantastic footballers. That’s hugely motivating for me. And naturally, I'm looking to win trophies," Javi said.

Walter Pandiani - Villarreal (free transfer)

1346173109_extras_mosaico_noticia_1_g_0.jpg

Like the kind of summer promotion that's becoming increasingly common these days in travel agency shop-fronts, Villareal decided yesterday to purchase a family package and, as if it was some kind of three-in-one deal, signed the whole Pandiani family for the club's various levels.

The father, Walter, aged 36, will play with the first team for a season, to try and get the team back into the 'Primera División'. His eldest son, Nicolás, will sign for Villareal C and will be involved in the squad that plays in Spain's 'Tercera División'. Finally, the youngest, Axel (aged 12), will also be involved in the club's youth teams.

An investment for the present and the future that could, if it pays off, mean that the name Pandiani will be heard around 'El Madrigal' for a very long time to come.

Apart from the story's slightly bizarre side, Villareal has further strengthened its already potent attacking force, featuring Fernando Cavenaghi and Ike Uche. Let's not forget that Giuseppe Rossi is also due to return from injury in January.

The club from La Plana was looking for an experienced player who knew the Spanish league well. Pandiani fits the bill perfectly and has joined the club on a free-transfer.

He played 11 seasons of Spanish football and scored 82 goals in Spain's top flight – never having played in the 'Segunda División' – as well as scoring goals in the Cup (14) and in Europe (24), which makes him a striker to fear for any team.

bk1.jpg

Bojan Krkic - AC Milan (loan)

Bojan Krkic is now officially a Milan player after completing his loan from Roma. “I chose Milan for many reasons.”

The young Spaniard arrived yesterday, on his 22nd birthday, but the contract was only signed after today’s medical.

“I chose Milan for many reasons,” said the former Barcelona starlet.

“It is a great club and the team is made of an historic group of players. I want to thank the Coach, who wanted me so much, by playing at my best.”

A presentation Press conference will be held on Thursday afternoon.

Back
Top Bottom