• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be nice, but there is no extradition treaty.

Clubs are all allowed to talk to players in other federations. If we really wanted to piss Barca off it would be by publicly announcing interest in every one of their players every few days.

DJBCZRkWAAAkBaJ.jpg:large

Straight back in the team, it's city away ffs.

Not Arsenal at home.

He doesn't deserve to go straight into the team. We can't play hardball with him and then put him back in, at the expense of someone who's just performed exceptionally well while he's been out. What kind of a message does that send out? What if he starts and he under-performs and we get beat? Does Klopp that attention?

It's better for him too, put him on the bench and then bring him on if needed, and then if he makes a difference he'll go a long way to rebuilding a few bridges. If we play well against City without him, he doesn't even need to come on and we keep the little fucker sweating.

One thing that has surprised me is why they Barca did not go for Eden Hazard. He is a better and more consistent player than our little cunt...so whats the difference ?

He doesn't deserve to go straight into the team. We can't play hardball with him and then put him back in, at the expense of someone who's just performed exceptionally well while he's been out. What kind of a message does that send out? What if he starts and he under-performs and we get beat? Does Klopp that attention?

It's better for him too, put him on the bench and then bring him on if needed, and then if he makes a difference he'll go a long way to rebuilding a few bridges. If we play well against City without him, he doesn't even need to come on and we keep the little fucker sweating.
Well considering its away from home that means wijnaldum won't turn up. Also coutinho has a great record against city. To not start him would be foolish on our part. I'm all for sending out a strong message, but not at the expense of 3 points.

One thing that has surprised me is why they Barca did not go for Eden Hazard. He is a better and more consistent player than our little cunt...so whats the difference ?
Because he's been injured for the last couple of months and they got Dembele instead. They are wanting Coutinho to replace Iniesta. Hazard can't play that role.

Ronaldinho has urged Liverpool fans not to worry about Philippe Coutinho and believes the player will “continue to give his all” to the club this season.

The Reds talisman is yet to feature for the club this season after seeing hopes of a move to Barcelona fail to materialise.

The player’s absence for Liverpool so far had been put down to a ‘back injury’, but supporters will hope time away with Brazil will have softened the player’s stance and he could be included in the matchday squad to face Manchester City on Saturday.

But with lingering doubts that Coutinho may not give his all to the Reds this season, Brazil legend Ronaldinho has urged supporters not to worry.

“This season they will see him give everything for the club – that is the sort of player he is.

“Also no player is going to refuse to play when it’s the World Cup at the end of the season.

“The Liverpool fans have nothing to worry about – I do not believe any of the stories about him refusing to play for the club. I know him, that is not his way.”

So now we've gone from having his family bemoaning the fact that LFC have been holding him in slavery, and not understanding our reluctance to deal with Barca, to having a Brazilian legend reassuring us that that was all nonsense and we can expect him to give his all for us ( in a world cup year).

I bet he'll be in the matchday squad but wont make the bench. Good way to start integrating him again.
He'll have to prove to Klopp that he warrants a place in the team, and knowing Klopp that wont be easy.

People using the worst Arsenal team in recent memory as evidence that 'we don't need him' need to wake the fuck up.

It's a long season and very few teams will be as accommodating as Wenger's bottlers.

And on the other hand why should he be straight back into a winning team....

What does that say to the person dropped to put him back into the team?

Its ok, kick up a fuss, ruin the team ethic and you're straight back in the 1st eleven....

Sorry but from my point of view he doesnt deserve a 1st team place until he has earned the trust of his manager and team mates again.

Coutinho should definitely be involved against Man C.
In the end it's about winning and we're a stronger side with him in it. I'm willing to put all the shit he stirred up aside. He's still a cunt though.

In the end it's about winning and we're a stronger side with him in it. I'm willing to put all the shit he stirred up aside. He's still a cunt though.

There's a difference between being involved and walking back into the side, he simply shouldn't because it sends out the wrong message. If we lose without him, fine, it's an excuse to reintegrate him, if we lose with him then we all know what the backlash will be, for him and Klopp.

I'd be tempted to have him on the bench, but I just can't see Klopp doing it. The man has a rulebook when it comes to integrating players who have been injured, or are new. It is his most German quality. Have they had 5 sessions working on various aspects of play? Has their training been incrementally stepped up from phase 1 to phase 2? If he plays him it will suggest Klopp has had an entire philosophy change. It isn't anything to do with Coutinho being a cunt, or letting his teammates down. It is to do with Klopp's rigid decision making process.

I'd take a wager that Klopp doesn't play him.

It's also worth mentioning that Sturridge allegedly declared himself unfit a few times and was dully dropped from the first team squad, until Klopp felt his head was right and he proved his fitness and ability to fit into the team again.

Involved meaning the bench. Coutinho is arguably our freshest midfielder after the international break considering that he only was sub. Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane and Salah all played 90 mins twice. I say have him on the bench.

Involved meaning the bench. Coutinho is arguably our freshest midfielder after the international break considering that he only was sub. Wijnaldum, Henderson, Mane and Salah all played 90 mins twice. I say have him on the bench.

Knowing what you know about Klopp, do you think he will be on the bench?

Knowing what you know about Klopp, do you think he will be on the bench?

Off a long flight, little rest, little training, I think he'll start. I'd go further and say that he'll start on the wing. The wing closest to the bench, to enable Klopp to scream at him to run up and down for the entire half. Then he'll switch to the opposite wing for the second half and be screamed at some more.

He's our best player or near enough that it doesn't matter and City away is as tough as they come.

It would be different against someone else but this game is huge for us after a poor draw against Watford, an unconvincing win over Palace and a great win against a woeful uninterested unmotivated Arsenal side.

A win is so vital for the squad and having him lead that win will go a long way to integrating him back in

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom