• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Coutinho- what now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't let the slack-jawed ignorance of the media get to you. He's Coutinho, not Courtinho. Where the **** did that bo11ocks come from anyway?

[article]“We didn’t even know how to tell him”. This sentence from one of Philippe Coutinho’s relatives makes clear how disappointed the Brazilian was at the fact his transfer to Barça didn’t go through. “We still don’t understand why Liverpool didn’t want to sell him,” they added.

Head down and devastated, Coutinho will try to focus on Brazil’s game against Colombia tomorrow. And then he will have to do what he had hoped not to – return to Liverpool.

When Tite, Brazil’s manager, sent Coutinho to warm up during Brazil’s match against Ecuador, it was an ominous sign for Barça. The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) had not wanted to get involved in the cold war between Liverpool and Barcelona – to protect their relationship with Liverpool, where forward Roberto Firminho also plays and to protect Coutinho, who is one of Tite’s favourites.

His first game was supposed to be tomorrow in Colombia –after the transfer window had shut and it was known exactly where he would be playing next season. The fact he was warming up suggested his future had been decided. In fact, Coutinho had been told a few hours before.

Coutinho did speak to the press in the mixed zone – only to the CBF’s television channel. Neither did Paulinho, which surprised many. But Barça’s new signing wanted to avoid talking about his Brazilian teammate Coutinho, who he shares an agent with.

On Thursday, Coutinho was with his two brothers – Leandro and Cristian – and his parents. They knew things weren’t looking good – they didn’t want to say anything but their faces told the story. After the Brazil-Ecuador, Coutinho went for dinner with his family. But the mood was funereal, Coutinho only smiled when Gabriel Jesus explained the build-up to Coutinho’s goal on CBF TV.

On the Friday, Coutinho was not involved in Barça’s last minute negotiations. He had gone to sleep convinced he would have to stay at Liverpool and stayed away from Barça’s supposed frantic efforts to sign him.

At 16:00 SPORT published before anyone else that he wouldn’t be signing for Barça, and at 20:00 his agents confirmed the news to the Brazilian website chuteirafc.com.br.

When the transfer window shut, Brazil were on their way to the airport to cross the country to Manaos. Coutinho had his head bowed. In Manaos, the Brazil squad trained over the weekend before flying to Barranquilla in Colombia. Over the weekend, he received the unconditional support of the management team and his teammates, including Neymar.

Neymar temporarily put aside his dispute with Barça over bonus payments to say “This should be a happy time for him and his family but it’s a moment of anguish, disappointment and sadness. I wish Coutinho the best, I like to see him happy because he is a good friend who I’ve known for a long time. When I see him sad, I’m sad too,” he added./article][/article]

He'll be sound when his tears have dried and his lip stops quivering.

Dear Philippe - Dry your eyes mate, I know it's hard to take but their mind has been made up.

I wouldn't be too harsh on the press over this, that was a really good read that article.

[article]“We didn’t even know how to tell him”. This sentence from one of Philippe Coutinho’s relatives makes clear how disappointed the Brazilian was at the fact his transfer to Barça didn’t go through. “We still don’t understand why Liverpool didn’t want to sell him,” they added.

Head down and devastated, Coutinho will try to focus on Brazil’s game against Colombia tomorrow. And then he will have to do what he had hoped not to – return to Liverpool.

When Tite, Brazil’s manager, sent Coutinho to warm up during Brazil’s match against Ecuador, it was an ominous sign for Barça. The Brazilian Football Confederation (CBF) had not wanted to get involved in the cold war between Liverpool and Barcelona – to protect their relationship with Liverpool, where forward Roberto Firminho also plays and to protect Coutinho, who is one of Tite’s favourites.

His first game was supposed to be tomorrow in Colombia –after the transfer window had shut and it was known exactly where he would be playing next season. The fact he was warming up suggested his future had been decided. In fact, Coutinho had been told a few hours before.

Coutinho did speak to the press in the mixed zone – only to the CBF’s television channel. Neither did Paulinho, which surprised many. But Barça’s new signing wanted to avoid talking about his Brazilian teammate Coutinho, who he shares an agent with.

On Thursday, Coutinho was with his two brothers – Leandro and Cristian – and his parents. They knew things weren’t looking good – they didn’t want to say anything but their faces told the story. After the Brazil-Ecuador, Coutinho went for dinner with his family. But the mood was funereal, Coutinho only smiled when Gabriel Jesus explained the build-up to Coutinho’s goal on CBF TV.

On the Friday, Coutinho was not involved in Barça’s last minute negotiations. He had gone to sleep convinced he would have to stay at Liverpool and stayed away from Barça’s supposed frantic efforts to sign him.

At 16:00 SPORT published before anyone else that he wouldn’t be signing for Barça, and at 20:00 his agents confirmed the news to the Brazilian website chuteirafc.com.br.

When the transfer window shut, Brazil were on their way to the airport to cross the country to Manaos. Coutinho had his head bowed. In Manaos, the Brazil squad trained over the weekend before flying to Barranquilla in Colombia. Over the weekend, he received the unconditional support of the management team and his teammates, including Neymar.

Neymar temporarily put aside his dispute with Barça over bonus payments to say “This should be a happy time for him and his family but it’s a moment of anguish, disappointment and sadness. I wish Coutinho the best, I like to see him happy because he is a good friend who I’ve known for a long time. When I see him sad, I’m sad too,” he added./article][/article]

"At 16:00 SPORT published before anyone else that he wouldn’t be signing for Barça,"

They clearly weren't reading any of the Liverpool based press

Last edited:
Even if only half of that is true, he genuinely sounds like a quivering wreck. That is even with the constant support of his family, his mum, and all of his international teammates around him. Can you imagine when he comes back to Melwood, alone, with nobody but Jurgen Klopp. Hahahahaaa he'll be a completely broken man by Christmas, no emotions left inside him, no feelings, no ambition, no distractions, just a completely dead inside asset of FSG. He could become the perfect footballer, a machine, like a terminator.

Even if only half of that is true, he genuinely sounds like a quivering wreck. That is even with the constant support of his family, his mum, and all of his international teammates around him. Can you imagine when he comes back to Melwood, alone, with nobody but Jurgen Klopp. Hahahahaaa he'll be a completely broken man by Christmas, no emotions left inside him, no feelings, no ambition, no distractions, just a completely dead inside asset of FSG. He could become the perfect footballer, a machine, like a terminator.

He cant be bargained with, he cant be reasoned with, he doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear, and he absolutely will not stop crying...EVER, until you sell him to Barcelona.

I don't agree. He will be in pain, football will be his only way to take his mind off the pain, soon it will become the only thing his mind thinks about, like a drug. Then we use him, keep giving him that drug, perhaps mess with his family so his home life has problems, divorced, whatever. He'll end up entirely dedicated and reliant upon football, that's what we want. Then when he can no longer play, he's no longer our problem.

This could end up in a disaster

Nah, we all remember as kids not getting what you want and being sorry for yourself. Eventually you calm down and get on with things. Very difficult to remain in strop mode for lengthy spells.

The Barca press have talked so much shite for the duration of the whole saga, how many times did he actually sign for them, I am surprised that anyone is paying much heed to this article

I don't agree. He will be in pain, football will be his only way to take his mind off the pain, soon it will become the only thing his mind thinks about, like a drug. Then we use him, keep giving him that drug, perhaps mess with his family so his home life has problems, divorced, whatever. He'll end up entirely dedicated and reliant upon football, that's what we want. Then when he can no longer play, he's no longer our problem.
Then he'll turn to drink & drugs, and in years to come, you will point him out to your kids, outside Lime Street Station, saying "See that broken, sad, smelly man ... he used to be Liverpool's best player; won 3 consecutive league titles and two European cups, before he became what you see before you. Let that be a lesson to you - never cross a Klopp!"

They'd duly note that he doesn't look anything like his statue and accuse me of lying, if anyone overheard such an accusation I'd end up suing my kids for slander.

I'd almost prefer he call Klopp a cunt and go on strike.

I'm not quite sure how to deal with all these reports of a funeral atmosphere and family and friends treading on eggshells around him lest he break down in tears again.

Can anyone else recall a transfer saga as cringeworthy as this in recent times?

He didn't look tearful and mournful when he was playing that daft prank on the mascot with Neymar. Just get him a DVD of Mickey Mouse's best cartoons and he'll suck his thumb contentedly.

Anyone give a thought yet about how fucking awkward it is for our Bobby? Gets the number 9 shirt, plays well and scores for club, gets recalled to the national team after being left out the last time, and all people are talking about is his sulky best mate.

I hope he has a nervous breakdown on the pitch and, whilst he's a gibbering wreck writhing in torturous agony, the opposition bring on Tony Yeboah who unleashes a massive piledriver straight into his chicken skin handbag, effectively bumming him with own balls, at which point the whole crowd break into simultaneous bulk condemning him to a mental eternity chained to the gates of delirium.

I hope he has a nervous breakdown on the pitch and, whilst he's a gibbering wreck writhing in torturous agony, the opposition bring on Tony Yeboah who unleashes a massive piledriver straight into his chicken skin handbag, effectively bumming him with own balls, at which point the whole crowd break into simultaneous bulk condemning him to a mental eternity chained to the gates of delirium.
Larry....you are one fucked up dude. On the plus side Pele has said he can achieve great things with us.

It's ironic that he brought in what he tought was the best agent to arrange a move to Barcelona, but it proves that this agent was so greedy that the first thing he did was tying Phil to a five year deal so he could have his first paycheck :D

It's ironic that he brought in what he tought was the best agent to arrange a move to Barcelona, but it proves that this agent was so greedy that the first thing he did was tying Phil to a five year deal so he could have his first paycheck :D

I'd go further than that– he got Phil to sign a 5 year contract and get a healthy commission, but was also ensuring a much higher transfer fee when Barca's inevitable bid came, from which his percentage would be substantially increased. This is clearly a case of playing a situation for maximum profit. The interests of the player are to be served, but only in a way that benefits the agent to the greatest degree.

Last edited:
Just when it seemed things couldn't get any worse, Coutinho's family are horrified to see Phil attacked in the airport lounge by his beloved hero:

mickey.jpg

Come on, get up, ya pussy! How dare you besmirch my good name with your disgraceful antics! See this red tie I'm wearing? It's a Liverpool tie! It's a tie I'm proud to wear. Unlike you, it seems, you wretched little man! Get up and take what's coming to ya!

I don't ever remember a situation like this. I think he's burned some bridges by fucking over Klopp in the press, that'll take alot of getting over on his part. And also as said, it must be really strange for Firmino, I hope we don't alienate him by giving Coutinho stick - as we saw with the Twitter/Instagram picture last week.

All will be forgiven if he starts putting in performances straight away, but the key is how he reacts to the inevitable initial stick he gets. If he lets his head drop then he's on a hiding to nothing.

I don't ever remember a situation like this. I think he's burned some bridges by fucking over Klopp in the press, that'll take alot of getting over on his part. And also as said, it must be really strange for Firmino, I hope we don't alienate him by giving Coutinho stick - as we saw with the Twitter/Instagram picture last week.

All will be forgiven if he starts putting in performances straight away, but the key is how he reacts to the inevitable initial stick he gets. If he lets his head drop then he's on a hiding to nothing.

What was this instagram/ twitter pic you're talking about?

What was this instagram/ twitter pic you're talking about?

Wasn't there a pic of them both last week? And some fans ripped into it? So Firmino is in this picture with Coutinho and suddenly you've got a load of replies calling him a rat etc. It's all it takes really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom