• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Daniel Agger Decides To Quit Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did he send you an explanatory email before announcing it?

Sorry to hear Agger has packed in football and I wish him success in whatever he does with the rest of his life.

I always found him a bit of a puzzle. He was obviously a talented player, but how to use him was tricky. I don't think he had the instincts of a natural CB. Forwards found it too easy to get away from him.

I think football decided to quit Daniel Agger sometime before he decided to quit it. I liked him, but some players just don't have the body to match the spirit. At his best he was a fine player.

He had an amazing attitude. Him elbowing Torres is one of my favorite football photographs. Rarely has my mood been captured on camera in quite the same way. Not only was smack on the face because of his treachery but it felt a fuck you to the modern game being ran by by dodgy oil barons. He was a true fan of the club and that was evident every time he played. The talent was there, too, but injuries prevented him from becoming one the greats. He'll always be fondly remembered.

13407294_10154391941592573_7031837246613574161_n.jpg

I think football decided to quit Daniel Agger sometime before he decided to quit it. I liked him, but some players just don't have the body to match the spirit. At his best he was a fine player.
That's probably a pretty accurate assessment really.

I obviously believe still that on his day, free of injury, he was one of the finest, calmest, elegant defenders around - but sadly the reality was that his career was too much start/stop for him really to make a long lasting mark. Even I accept that now.

I hope for him at least, that he will mostly be remembered for his love of the club and his many fine games wearing red.

- It came very close but at the end of the day I chose differently. Liverpool believed so much in me that I gave them my 'yes' and said 'no' to them (...)

A quote from today's Press Conference when Agger was asked about the truth in the reoccurring Barcelona rumors during his time in England. Apparently they went in for him twice without luck.

From the same interview on coaches:

• I've been very lucky with the many great coaches I've had. With Benitez and Olsen (Morten Olsen for Denmark) at the very top. I will also say that Rodgers was a really good coach and great at setting up training. Top level.
He also ads that Benitez is the coach that has been the most influential character when it comes to forming him as a player and for his career overall.

Agger also pays a big tribute to Liverpool FC both as a football club and institution, stating how much it has formed an shaped him as a person, that he's very grateful for how the club and people around the club has treated him and that he in general feels he owes the club a big, sincere thank you.

Last edited:
I'm 25, so obviously don't have too many options for favorite players, but still Agger is probably my favorite Liverpool player.

Loved him, and watching the videos reminded me exactly why - elegant, intelligent, talented and passionate.
The way he took the ball out of defense makes me wish Sakho gets his ban reinstated.

Shame that Rodgers inability to organize a defense tarnished his last season with us and our memory of him.

YNWA Dani.

Our most complete central defender this century together with Hyypiä. Excellent leader.

He isn't interested in football at all. Don't think he ever will be a manager.

Our most complete central defender this century together with Hyypiä. Excellent leader.

I know it's become rather déclassé to even bother calling you a fucking clown, but you're a fucking clown

Most complete defender this century?

Jamie Carragher is and was a far superior defender to Daniel Agger

This or any other fucking century

Since he left and carra retired our defence has progressively deteriorated.

Top lad, Top footballer, always speaks highly of us, the fans speak highly of him.

is he a liverpool great? probably not but he doesn't need to be.

one of my favourite CB's that have played for Liverpool in my time as a supporter.

Agger had many skills, but defending wasn't one of them. He shouldn't be mentioned in the same breath as Hyypia.

23575FEB00000578-2844035-Alonso_makes_a_point_to_the_amusement_of_Carragher_who_the_Spani-7_1416586179259.jpg

As much as I liked Danny Agger, that is ridiculous post.

Nice to watch in possession Agger. Not a great defender though.
Despite that, good club lad, heart on sleeve etc. Enjoy your retirement Daniel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom