• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

England Vs South Africa - Cricket Tour 2012

I always think Peterson is kak ... and then he does what he's done today ... Am I the only one who thinks he's average?

News conference today at 12pm. Word is Strauss is going to resign as captain. If thats true I think it's time. He will go down as a great captain though. Guess we'll wait and see though.

Back to back ashes will be his legacy. I was there in Sydney when he won the second one. Great memories, Great captain.

Andrew-Strauss-001.jpg

I think maybe Trott will be made Vice Captain and will be moved up the order to open alongside Cook.

A very dignified press conference, even got a small round of applause at the end.

Great captain, he'll be missed.

Oh well, Cook's off to an easy start with the England tour of India. That should give him the chance to settle in. :)

Considering the KP situation, his form and age, it's probably the right time for him to pack it in tbh. I can't think of too many openers ready to come into the side though, maybe Hales or Gale?

Surely Trott has the qualities of an opener? I.e. a bit boring and difficult to get out. If I were Andy Flower I would promote Trott and bring in a younger player lower down the order.

I don't follow County cricket very closely so I don't have an opinion about Root. However, I think a tour of India would be a very challenging situation for a rookie opener. I would wait until the New Zealand games for something like that. Not that New Zealand should ever be under-rated - they tend to punch above their weight.

Considering the KP situation, his form and age, it's probably the right time for him to pack it in tbh. I can't think of too many openers ready to come into the side though, maybe Hales or Gale?
Gale's not really an opener, and form has fluctuated a lot. 4 choices, I think. Trott - who I don't really like there - he's such a good #3, why mess with that? Carberry - short-term solution - has experience. Or be bold and go for Hales (my choice) or Root (very bold).

Is he not mate (I've seen him open for Yorkshire quite a bit over recent seasons) ?

Anyways.....i've just seen that he's all but 29, so maybe not the best lad to bring into the side.

Whats Root like? I've heard a fair bit about him, but every time i've seen him play he's got out cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom