• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

English Cricket/ *The Ashes*!

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238500#msg1238500 date=1293583287]
Siddle and Haddin showing how pathetic it was for the 'driving' batsmen to go all out for less than a century on day one.
Great knocks, good fun.
[/quote]

Leading batsmen for the Aussies would have a fucking panic attack if they went for more that 240 in a full day. Fucking joke, and have been for a few years - in 2009 they had the mentality of playing to not lose, rather than playing to win - hardly any of them had the bollocks to actually take the bull by the horns and put England on the back foot, instead allowing then to get out of trouble. Is it confidence, leadership or ability?

The first test in 2009 showed everything - gave England every chance to draw ther test by waiting until 674-6 to declare on an intermittent pitch, hoping to win rather than trying to win.

One more to go

[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1238505#msg1238505 date=1293583961]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238500#msg1238500 date=1293583287]
Siddle and Haddin showing how pathetic it was for the 'driving' batsmen to go all out for less than a century on day one.
Great knocks, good fun.
[/quote]

Leading batsmen for the Aussies would have a fucking panic attack if they went for more that 240 in a full day. Fucking joke, and have been for a few years - in 2009 they had the mentality of playing to not lose, rather than playing to win - hardly any of them had the bollocks to actually take the bull by the horns and put England on the back foot, instead allowing then to get out of trouble. Is it confidence, leadership or ability?

The first test in 2009 showed everything - gave England every chance to draw ther test by waiting until 674-6 to declare on an intermittent pitch, hoping to win rather than trying to win.

One more to go
[/quote]

All done, we have robbed the convicts!

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238498#msg1238498 date=1293583072]
Ryan if at all possible could you go to the next test too. That be great thanks.

You little bulldog charm you.
[/quote]

I concur, can the rest of the Aussies go along too?

the-ashes-urn11.jpg

BOOM!!!

Thanks Convicts.

That was EASY!!!

[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1238494#msg1238494 date=1293580273]
http://www.vip--sport.com/vip-tv.php

Fucking quality picture, you too can see Ponting et al sulking when the Ashes come back home within the next 30 minutes!

Plus, if we can get a couple more aussies watching from SCM, we double the amount in the crowd at the MCG...
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Fucking perv who runs this channel just switched to Babeworld, witrh some goth munter rubbing her dirty erect nipples!!! Switched it back quickly!

Didn't make a difference, I was on the vinegar stroke anyway after the winning wicket...

[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1238510#msg1238510 date=1293584334]

Fucking quality picture, you too can see Ponting et al sulking when the Ashes come back home within the next 30 minutes!

Plus, if we can get a couple more aussies watching from SCM, we double the amount in the crowd at the MCG...
[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

Fucking perv who runs this channel just switched to Babeworld, witrh some goth munter rubbing her dirty erect nipples!!! Switched it back quickly!

Didn't make a difference, I was on the vinegar stroke anyway after the winning wicket...
[/quote]Yeah caught that myself. It put me right off the erection Swanny and Bresnan had me stonkin.

She's back!!! This ones like a filthy little milk hungry leopard.

Has your man forgot he's streaming this?

SMS
From Hugh, 23, Wales:"My old man just informed me 'the last time this happened, you were being conceived'. Just ruined my Ashes moment for me."

HAHAHAHA Comment on the left there 'If i were her dad i'd still be bathing her'

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238511#msg1238511 date=1293584465]
[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1238510#msg1238510 date=1293584334]

[/quote]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!

[/quote]Yeah caught that myself. It put me right off the erection Swanny and Bresnan had me stonkin.
[/quote]

Ha ha! Dirty ATM sluts!

VIP is ace....whooooaaaaahhh! Gay TV...

*off off*

[size=14pt]MY EYES MY EEEEEEYYYYYYYESSSSS!!!![/size]

:'( :'( :'(

I don't care how bad people think this Australian team is. To beat them by an innings twice on their own patch is an incredible achievement.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238516#msg1238516 date=1293584835]

[/quote]

I feel like a vietnam veteran.

You weren't there man, you weren't there. Ian Bell being interviewed is like seeing the rescue helicopter in the clearing.

[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1238518#msg1238518 date=1293585044]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=41229.msg1238516#msg1238516 date=1293584835]

[/quote]

I feel like a vietnam veteran.

You weren't there man, you weren't there. Ian Bell being interviewed is like seeing the rescue helicopter in the clearing.
[/quote]HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Good on England for earning the right to keep the urn.

But i was still surprised to see all the dancing and celebration yesterday.

There is still one more test to play in the series and a possibility for it to end 2-2. It is a bit disrespectful, even if that Aussie team doesn't really deserve much respect.

In all likeliness it will end 3-1 or 2-1 after Sydney...but still, we haven't actually played that game to start celebrating already.

Wow. India gets two back to back lucky decisions to send AB and Boucher back.

AB - Played in an ugly way. I thought it was plumb when i saw it live. But hawk eye was showing the bounce to be taking it over the stumps. A mistake by the umpire, but you can't really fault the umpire because it looked plumb in real time. UDRS exists exactly for this reason. It's a pity BCCI insists on not using it.

Boucher. It was a rank bad decision. The ball clearly pitched outside off-stump line and in all probability would have missed off stump. But i do disagree with what hawk eye was predicting as the track of the ball. It showed the ball going straigt, but Zak clearly brought it back in to the right hander (terrific bowling). It still would have probably missed off-stump on height.....but i don't think the projection was right at all. Never in a million years. You only need to see how Boucher played it. This would probably be used as further example by BCCI against using UDRS. It was still a wrong decision anyway and this was bad because it was very obvious that it didn't pitch in line with the stumps, and it was clearly going over even when viewed live.

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=41229.msg1238543#msg1238543 date=1293611835]

There is still one more test to play in the series and a possibility for it to end 2-2. It is a bit disrespectful, even if the Aussies don't really deserve much respect.

[/quote]

They've won the Ashes KJ, which is what this series is about. It is the only series in the world where that is the case but so it goes.

I've been trying to think of an occasion when Australia thumped England and the Aussie fans behaved in a respectful way. I'm sure that never happened! ;D

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=41229.msg1238543#msg1238543 date=1293611835]

There is still one more test to play in the series and a possibility for it to end 2-2. It is a bit disrespectful, even if that Aussie team doesn't really deserve much respect.

In all likeliness it will end 3-1 or 2-1 after Sydney...but still, we haven't actually played that game to start celebrating already.
[/quote]

I didn't have a problem with it and I can pretty much guarantee the Aussies would have reacted the same if we had won.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=41229.msg1238560#msg1238560 date=1293614598]

I've been trying to think of an occasion when Australia thumped England and the Aussie fans behaved in a respectful way. I'm sure that never happened! ;D
[/quote]

To be fair he was talking about the players not the fans. :p

[quote author=marquis link=topic=41229.msg1238575#msg1238575 date=1293617372]

[/quote]

I didn't have a problem with it and I can pretty much guarantee the Aussies would have reacted the same if we had won.
[/quote]

They have won the urn. But this series is still on, is it not? There is much to play for. That was my only problem with it. I guess ,if fans and players from each country accept that the right to keep the urn is more important than the current series, then it's fair enough.

I think for many, players and fans alike, it is all about winning/retaining the Ashes, a series win comes second place.

[quote author=marquis link=topic=41229.msg1238582#msg1238582 date=1293618954]
I think for many, players and fans alike, it is all about winning/retaining the Ashes, a series win comes second place.
[/quote]

It is... But we want the win now... have no doubts and for them to cement their place in folklore. No getting away from the fact it's a poor Australia side, but we almost never 'win' down under.

Nowadays, Ashes matches are actually balanced on a knife-edge and can turn on a single factor. Last week, after Perth, Australia were the dog's bollocks. This week, their national team is allegedly in crisis. I suggest that the Aussies might not have won so convincingly in Perth, had not Mitchell Johnson unexpectedly found some swing and seam in the wicket, and England might not have won in Melbourne if Strauss had not won the toss and put the Aussies in when conditions favoured the bowlers more than any other time in the match.

[quote author=Portly link=topic=41229.msg1238600#msg1238600 date=1293621853]
Nowadays, Ashes matches are actually balanced on a knife-edge and can turn on a single factor. Last week, after Perth, Australia were the dog's bollocks. This week, their national team is allegedly in crisis. I suggest that the Aussies might not have won so convincingly in Perth, had not Mitchell Johnson unexpectedly found some swing and seam in the wicket, and England might not have won in Melbourne if Strauss had not won the toss and put the Aussies in when conditions favoured the bowlers more than any other time in the match.
[/quote]

That may be. But i like it more when two evenly matched sides are going at it hammer and tongs and the match takes unexpected turns within a game. Three of the test matches have been pretty one sided. Twice England have dominated and once Australia. If you consider entertainment as a factor, then Cricket loses out in the end. They should stop making pitches that plays extremely bowler friendly on the first day morning alone, which make the toss very very critical.

I enjoyed watching the second SA v Ind test much more than the Ashes. The game was evenly poised till the umpires got the decision for AB and Boucher wrong in the second innings. After the first innings i thought SA would romp this. Then India did the unexpected and dismissed SA for 130 odd runs. I thought perhaps India will do SA. Then After India's second innings it was 50-50 because India were about 50 to 70 runs short of feeling safe. Which is a lot in a low scoring game. I think if AB was around (he was playing a very chancy innings up to the point...so there is no telling), he would have probably taken the game away from India.

I'm not sure that winning the toss in Melbourne was *that* crucial. Australia batted very badly. The pitch was not doing extraordinary things. There was no frightening bounce. No huge movement off the seam. The reverse swing was there, but it was good selection that made that work for England, with Bresnan there to make the most of it and the Australians making Bresnan look like McGrath in his pomp. Yes it was an advantage, but Australia conspired to make it look like a much larger advantage than it actually was.

Back
Top Bottom