• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

English Cricket/ *The Ashes*!

Strauss won the toss and has decided to have a bowl as the wicket is a bit green. Ricky Ponting said he would have chosen to bowl too, had he won the toss.

Let battle commence.

Come ON! Ponting gone for 10, easy catch at second slip. 37-2 and the top three (Watson, Hughes and Ponting) have gone.

Hussey again could be the key wicket, come on England!

[quote author=IanTheRed link=topic=41229.msg1237769#msg1237769 date=1293324111]
Come ON! Ponting gone for 10, easy catch at second slip. 37-2 and the top three (Watson, Hughes and Ponting) have gone.

Hussey again could be the key wicket, come on England!
[/quote]

England used up all their reviews, that was a reviewable one too I think.

I wish Finn were playing.

Glad to see he's got Swan sharing the workload this match though. England needed a strong start and they've got it, although you can't help but feel that breaking the Hussey and Clark partnership early on is really important.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=41229.msg1237775#msg1237775 date=1293326558]
HAHA YES!

HUSSEY GONE!
[/quote]

Fucking brilliant Squig, well done Jimmy!

Hussey is such a massive wicket. Now we get stuck into their middle/tail order after this rain shower.

I can't see them offering up much resistance from here, although Clark might find some form.

Let's go.

[quote author=Squiggles link=topic=41229.msg1237778#msg1237778 date=1293326907]
Hussey is such a massive wicket. Now we get stuck into their middle/tail order after this rain shower.

I can't see them offering up much resistance from here, although Clark might find some form.

Let's go.
[/quote]

Fucking immense mate, averaging 103 this series - he set up shop and camped there for most of the series.

Just need to keep our foot on their throat and get rid of Clarke and Haddin. And Johnson, and Smith. Harris, Siddle and/or Hilfenhaus.

x2

Great from England but really awful batting here. It's got a nice terror reference in the score too. 77/7.

Fucking hell....

What a collapse. This is embarrassing. I don't really think you can fight back from a collapse like this. The best Australia can hope is to fight from here on, and then hope for some help from rain etc...to help them see through this Test with a draw. The odds are, this will be a crushing defeat.

I want to punch Ponting and Clarke in the face. They are playing like muppets.

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=41229.msg1237800#msg1237800 date=1293346076]
What a collapse. This is embarrassing. I don't really think you can fight back from a collapse like this. The best Australia can hope is to fight from here on, and then hope for some help from rain etc...to help them see through this Test with a draw. The odds are, this will be a crushing defeat.[/quote]

The question is English bowling, or Austrlian ineptitude?

how did this happen after the heroics in perth?

would be nice to hear from those watching live it in melbourne.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41229.msg1237801#msg1237801 date=1293346873]
[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=41229.msg1237800#msg1237800 date=1293346076]
What a collapse. This is embarrassing. I don't really think you can fight back from a collapse like this. The best Australia can hope is to fight from here on, and then hope for some help from rain etc...to help them see through this Test with a draw. The odds are, this will be a crushing defeat.[/quote]

[/quote]

As always a bit of both. It was a damp wicket. England have some very good bowlers who can exploit that (No one in the caliber of Steyn still). Australia should have played out more overs though. There is no excuse for that.

I hope the India vs SA game is a greater competition between the teams. That game is starting on a very green track. As always, with Durban, the breeze plays an important role in how the wicket would play. It will be a good toss to win, but Dhoni never wins a toss. So Indian batsmen will have to dig deep. They have the talent. I hope Pujara replaces Raina to bring some solidity to the batting. That will make 5 batsmen with very very good technique and one Sehwag. Raina is a product of limited overs cricket and does not have the patience to apply himself to test cricket. With Zaheer back, the Indian bowling attack should also pack a better punch. He is the bowler with the second best statistic after Steyn in the last three years after all.

[quote author=Y1 link=topic=41229.msg1237802#msg1237802 date=1293346897]
how did this happen after the heroics in perth?

would be nice to hear from those watching live it in melbourne.
[/quote]

Australian batsmen need to grasp some very basic things about batting in tough conditions, and quickly...

For fucks sake, they need to know where their fucking offstump is. Clueless muppets. I'm fuming...Hussey was the only one who got out to a ball that needed to be played.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=41229.msg1237801#msg1237801 date=1293346873]

[/quote]

Bit of both, more so the latter.

[quote author=marquis link=topic=41229.msg1237811#msg1237811 date=1293354249]

[/quote]

Bit of both, more so the latter.
[/quote]

Is correct.

I could go on and on and on and on... But I won't. Safe to say that if this Australian team didn't know not to try and drive the ball on Day 1 of an MCG test, then they're the stupidest bunch of fuckers ever.

[quote author=kingjulian link=topic=41229.msg1237803#msg1237803 date=1293347614]
[He is the bowler with the second best statistic after Steyn in the last three years after all.
[/quote]

Steyn has just taken the top 2 ... India are 48/2 with Dravid and the lil man at the crease ...

Australia lose 5 but a lead of 300 is still within reach.

Ponting is embarrassing himself out there by showing petulance and arrogance towards the umpires. This is not the first time either. He is not really a honest guy at all, is he? The way he went on about that Pietersen edge, one would think he is the epitome of honesty.

I was there the last time India toured Australia. I was gob-smacked at his arrogance and dishonesty. He was claiming catches on the bounce, telling the umpire that a batsman was out. What annoyed me was that Bucknor seemed to play along with Ponting. There was no way India deserved to lose that series 2-1. If Cricket was played fairly, it would have been 2-1 to India. At the very least at 1-1 tied series. Then the tried to divert the whole issue by trying to call Harbhajan a racist. It was one of the worst display of character from a team i had seen in a long while.

Here is a youtube of what went on in that test....The game was the tipping point that brought URDS to Test cricket. But more than the umpiring, it was the lack of honesty and their attitude from Ponting and co (esp Ponting) that left a sour taste. I will never believe a word he says.

Experts Comments about Australia India battle - Must Watch

There were at least 10 wrong decisions in that Test against India. Even the third umpires made mistakes on stumping. It was a bit hard to explain.

India 205 all out ... Steyn with 6 wickets ... He's just phenomenal.

I still don't think he's near how good Allan Donald was in his prime for us though ...

Back
Top Bottom