• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Euro 2016 - Day 11

Status
Not open for further replies.
England should be using sturridge's pace to stretch sides a lot more. There's players there that want to do nothing but play long balls to split defences open, & one of the fastest strikers England have had since Owen upfront. Vardy isn't exactly a slouch either.

As such, getting behind defences should never be an issue, yet sturridge is continually dropping deep instead.

They will do but there wasn't any space tonight. I'm confident we will look better as an attacking unit once we play sides who actually want to win a match. The issue there is the defense is questionable and has yet to be tested.

They will do but there wasn't any space tonight. I'm confident we will look better as an attacking unit once we play sides who actually want to win a match. The issue there is the defense is questionable and has yet to be tested.

Yup. I think this England team will do well against Portugal.

As for todays game, they should have played at a much higher tempo. Also towards the end England should have thrown caution to the wind and put more bodies in the box.
Maybe the Russia equalizer affected them. Having said that, England were only a Skrtel clearance away from a win.

It's demented. He had a boss season for us, & could have done way more than Wilshere managed tonight.

That's exactly what I am getting at...

ZiC7UdN-e1461269614815.jpg

"You just don't know, the way we are playing I am not frightened of anybody."

I give you Woy cunting Hodgson at his finest.

I for one, was fucking made up.

Win the group, we play sat afternoon when I'm at Glastonbury, and the quarter final would be Friday night, exactly when I'm taking the missus to see phantom of the opera in london for her birthday.

2nd in the group means a tie next Monday evening (home from glasto) and a quarter final the following Sunday (home from London)

Couldn't have worked out better!

I do like the extra 2 days of rest.
That group plays Wesnesday and they all need to win.
We will be chilling for a week

I would be quite willing to bet most of my money on France eliminating England in play-offs on their home soil.

Win the group, we play sat afternoon when I'm at Glastonbury, and the quarter final would be Friday night, exactly when I'm taking the missus to see phantom of the opera in london for her birthday.

2nd in the group means a tie next Monday evening (home from glasto) and a quarter final the following Sunday (home from London)

I'm at a wedding Saturday, so I have to admit, it's fucking handy cos the wedding is in a marquee with no access to a TV, so I would have had to abscond with half the other fellas there to a local pub & would be paying for it all night when I got back no doubt!

Plus if we get the quarters I can do a pre match bbq & have the lads round like I wanted to on the Sunday as well.

Wales 3-0 up. Allen playing well.
I watched the Wales game and Allen was superb, the ball he played for the 1st goal was sublime. Having said that, it is impossible to believe that with 140 million people to choose from Russia can't do better than the awful 11 they selected.

I watched the Wales game and Allen was superb, the ball he played for the 1st goal was sublime. Having said that, it is impossible to believe that with 140 million people to choose from Russia can't do better than the awful 11 they selected.
They are more into unlicensed MMA these days

I'm feeling the exact opposite to @Piedro and @FoxForceFive

It now means that should we make the 1/4's I'm going to have to watch the match at Alicante airport rather than in a bar in Benidorm. Can't think that airports really cater for 18 blokes on a stag do wanting to watch a match before they fly home.

*Probable quiff here*

Anyone see rooney constantly telling Henderson to take the corner, only for JH to ignore him each time?

It may be good for Pete but England's inept striking performance (blame Budgie for the team selection) means that instead of a likely scenario of maybe Hungary/Iceland/Portugal in the last 16, a quarter final vs. the winner of Group F (again Hungary/Iceland/Portugal) and a semi vs. Spain (all making wild assumptions of course), we know have (yet again !) we will now have Hungary/Iceland/Portugal followed by France in the 1/4 and a semi vs. Italy/Germany with possibly Spain in the final.

Hodgson you are grade A dolt.

It may be good for Pete but England's inept striking performance (blame Budgie for the team selection) means that instead of a likely scenario of maybe Hungary/Iceland/Portugal in the last 16, a quarter final vs. the winner of Group F (again Hungary/Iceland/Portugal) and a semi vs. Spain (all making wild assumptions of course), we know have (yet again !) we will now have Hungary/Iceland/Portugal followed by France in the 1/4 and a semi vs. Italy/Germany with possibly Spain in the final.

Hodgson you are grade A dolt.

This has been slightly overcooked in the media and everywhere else. "OOOOOH! SIX CHANGES! YOU BLEW IT ROY!"

Big wow. He rested Walker and Clyne was superb. No difference.

He included EXACTLY the two strikers that every single fucking person on Earth wanted and/ or predicted.

He dropped Sterling, which again, everyone wanted and predicted.

Delle Ali was, by most accounts, not really playing brilliantly well, or anywhere near as effectively as he can for Spurs. So him dropping to the bench was no massive surprise either. Rooney is 30, and maybe they wanted to rest him? In any case, of the two midfield replacements, Henderson did well enough.

So the only real error was picking Wilshere, who was shit. And Bertrand wasn't great, either, but hardly had that much effect on the result.

This has been slightly overcooked in the media and everywhere else. "OOOOOH! SIX CHANGES! YOU BLEW IT ROY!"

Big wow. He rested Walker and Clyne was superb. No difference.

He included EXACTLY the two strikers that every single fucking person on Earth wanted and/ or predicted.

He dropped Sterling, which again, everyone wanted and predicted.

Delle Ali was, by most accounts, not really playing brilliantly well, or anywhere near as effectively as he can for Spurs. So him dropping to the bench was no massive surprise either. Rooney is 30, and maybe they wanted to rest him? In any case, of the two midfield replacements, Henderson did well enough.

So the only real error was picking Wilshere, who was shit. And Bertrand wasn't great, either, but hardly had that much effect on the result.
Henderson pissed away a ton of attacking situations with poor / long crosses/corners/FKs, even though decent on the ball.
Wilshere should never have started (I think I read 141 mins PL football last season ?).
Rooney - we now have a week until our next game (5 days if we had won the match).
Delle Ali - he was decent enough, if anything getting forward too much forcing his forwards to drop deeper, a decent coach would have resolved that.
Vardy - I wouldn't have started him (despite him having the best chance of the match) simply because we knew that Slovakia were going to put 10/11 behind the ball and in that situation Kane is probably a greater danger.

Considering the 5-7 days to our next match there was no reason at all to make 6 changes but specifically to the heart of the midfield.

On the other hand you could have had an excuse to miss Phantom of the Opera

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom