• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (A) - 24 April 2024 - Premier League

I'm convinced Klopp is just done with football at this point btw. Don't think I've ever been so fucked off with his game management, subs and general demeanor than tonight

Are you overweight, unfit and drinking whisky right now?
pre-pandemic I ran a 1/2 marathon aged 50 in two digits (ok 99+ mins!!!!) and was deadlifting 165 kg at 70kg. I'm now a big fat bloater as I blew a calf then my shoulders got impinged (can't lift my arms)

So, yep, I'm overweight, too fond of the scran and drinking .... Gin/Tequilla. So close :)

pre-pandemic I ran a 1/2 marathon aged 50 in two digits (ok 99+ mins!!!!) and was deadlifting 165 kg at 70kg. I'm now a big fat bloater as I blew a calf then my shoulders got impinged (can't lift my arms)

So, yep, I'm overweight, too fond of the scran and drinking .... Gin/Tequilla. So close :)
Should add my Dad's brothers all passed early due to drinking so he swore me of whiskey ... never said all spirits :)

Gravy gets a goal at the weekend and showed improvement throughout the game. Not even involved today. We needed someone which could drive with the ball at times or shoot from distance. Takes the piss he didn’t come on.
& this is a guy 90% of the forums wanted sold in September.

That's how bad this fucking team is.

It is, and was expected to be, a team in transition. The beauty (horror at this moment in time but not in retrospect) is that it came so close to winning the title, bar the injuries that undoubtedly cost us points and the VAR interventions costing us more points.
Because had we been ahead there would have been extra incentive and drive. As it was, once we slipped off the top we were cooked, from then on we looked tired all over the pitch and simply didn't have the energy to get back up.
You make a great point. Yes, I'm not trying to be reactionary just because we lost tonight. Yes, some decisions went against us. Yes, we are tired, but let's be honest, I think there's a lack of quality. We winged it by only having one proper DM, the jury is still out for me on Nunez (and even more so on Gakpo and Gravenburch).

People are saying tiredness but Arsenal dispatched Chelsea yesterday and Arsenal has played similar levels of games to us. I think its also a quality thing as well, we are defo short of City and Arsenal.

We have the bones of a good team so its not all doom and gloom.

Rather just play the kids now, league is clearly over. No more games feeling sorry for ourselves and stinking the place out......the kids will at least be motivated and won't be affected as much with the recent form.

Tired tactics and the most abhorrent dereliction of duty, Klopp sang out the praises of the kids when we needed them. They stepped up and delivered. He then dropped them like a lead balloon when some players came back. The returning players served us shit, shit and more shit yet still got played.
There's a lot to say in that. The 'kids' filling a short term gap to allow the squad to recover is a great story but we had players in the top 10 of their individual positions out there tonight who were very very ordinary.

My son was arguing with me that Mac Allister deserved to be given a pass from my annoyance tonight so maybe I'll relent there but as far as I'm concerned that was on a par with Man U x2, Crystal Palace, Fulham and basically most of the games post February

You make a great point. Yes, I'm not trying to be reactionary just because we lost tonight. Yes, some decisions went against us. Yes, we are tired, but let's be honest, I think there's a lack of quality. We winged it by only having one proper DM, the jury is still out for me on Nunez (and even more so on Gakpo and Gravenburch).

People are saying tiredness but Arsenal dispatched Chelsea yesterday and Arsenal has played similar levels of games to us. I think its also a quality thing as well, we are defo short of City and Arsenal.

We have the bones of a good team so it’s not all doom and gloom.
How can you say the jury is still out on Nunez. It’s the end of his second season and he’s still not clinical enough. He’s not even causing “chaos” anymore.

Rather just play the kids now, league is clearly over. No more games feeling sorry for ourselves and stinking the place out......the kids will at least be motivated and won't be affected as much with the recent form.
Sorry but no it's not all over. It may look that way but since when did we give up on a dying cause ? Istanbul? Barca? Carabao this year?
We're 3+GD off the top but Arse could lose to Spurs and then panic. City too could lose at Brighton and Spurs. It's not over although we all know it is bar the Fat Lady or some outrageous miracle.

There's a lot to say in that. The 'kids' filling a short term gap to allow the squad to recover is a great story but we had players in the top 10 of their individual positions out there tonight who were very very ordinary.

My son was arguing with me that Mac Allister deserved to be given a pass from my annoyance tonight so maybe I'll relent there but as far as I'm concerned that was on a par with Man U x2, Crystal Palace, Fulham and basically most of the games post February
Mac absolutely stunk the place out tonight. Only beaten by Mo and Konate. Nunez was a non-entity to be shit apart from that fucking wank stain of a shot.

Ah well, rest assured, we are not twins then
One last test do you like good whiskey or nasty stuff?

I can't abide all the expensive malts. I'm happy with a crappy bottle of Jamesons' - and I do mean the absolute bottom of the range stuff

Sorry but no it's not all over. It may look that way but since when did we give up on a dying cause ? Istanbul? Barca? Carabao this year?
We're 3+GD off the top but Arse could lose to Spurs and then panic. City too could lose at Brighton and Spurs. It's not over although we all know it is bar the Fat Lady or some outrageous miracle.
Love you but we're done

How can you say the jury is still out on Nunez. It’s the end of his second season and he’s still not clinical enough. He’s not even causing “chaos” anymore.
Maybe a new manager can do something with him but he has been fucking EMBARRASSINGLY shit since Xmas (before which he was more just embarrassing)

If i had any belief that this side could win another game, let alone win every other game, i'd be on board.

We're done

Back
Top Bottom