• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (a) post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.

rurikbird

Part of the Furniture
Honorary Member
Football is back... well, sort of. We have gradually found our flow and sharpness in the game, but Everton’s defense was exceptionally well-drilled and had the better chances on the counter, so in the end it was a fair result. One point closer!

Quick player ratings:

Alisson 6.5 – nothing to do, but a good save to deny Calvert-Lewin late on.
Trent 5.5 – tried his best, but more miss than hit today.
Matip 6.5 – quietly dominant until he had to go off with a foot injury, hopefully it's not serious.
Van Dijk 7.0 MOM – did what he does with an extra helping of some truly Xabi-esque long passes. Clattered Richarlison. Probably smelled great too.
Milner 5.5 – got stuck in, but unfortunate to go off before the team really found their flow.
Fabinho 6.5 – one of our better players on the day, dominated from 5th to 95th minute.
Henderson (c) 6.0 – sort of mediocre, to be honest. Didn't drift wide as much as he does in other games and couldn't create much attacking-wise.
Keita 6.5 – started quietly, but gradually started to put his stamp on the game and masterminded some of our best combinations. We missed his creativity after the substitution.
Minamino 5.0 – worked hard, but we needed someone with more pace in that position.
Firmino 5.5 – very rusty at first, improved after half an hour.
Mane 6.5 – Coleman had an exceptional, borderline heroic game defending against Sadio, but he was still our most dangerous attacker by a mile.

SUBS:
Gomez 6.0 – no complaints about Joe, but we missed a natural left-footer at LB.
Oxlade-Chamberlain 5.5 – rusty, but tried his best and almost created a winning chance late on.
Origi 5.5 – not his day
Wijnaldum 5.5 – took the ball off Fabinho, which led to Everton's best chance of the game. Otherwise unspectacular.
Lovren 4.0 – was he playing for Everton?

Klopp 5.5 – I think he should have brought on Salah and moved Fabinho to CB. Probably thinking long-term in trying to give everyone some game time, but his substitutions overall somewhat worsened, rather than improved our performance.

Last edited:
Kelly Cates “that result makes the title run in complicated”. No it fucking doesn’t. Beat Man City and it’s ours. Just get 4 more points regardless and it’s ours.

That was poo.

Keita, Firmino, Matip played well... then we turned to utter bilge when they all went off.

The worst thing about this Covid thing might just be the possibility of Lovren not leaving any time soon. Imagine him and David Luiz together.

OK before I take my shower (you can award your own score):

Alisson - what a man.
AA - shit
Matip - very good
Lovren - shit
VvD - calm as fuck, totally untroubled.
Millie - quite good until the injury
Jomez - very good
Fabs - very good
Hendo - boring, average
Keita - why take him off? Very good.
Firmino - not at the party, average
Mane - good
Minamino - average to good
Origi - nope
Gini - invisible

Shit game but I didn't really expect much more TBH.

That was poo.

Keita, Firmino, Matip played well... then we turned to utter bilge when they all went off.

The worst thing about this Covid thing might just be the possibility of Lovren not leaving any time soon. Imagine him and David Luiz together.

I would LOVE to see some team put this duo together, it would be one for the ages.

Carragher also chatting shit.

Goethe really missed a trick not weaving in spitting against a manc as part of that Faustian deal. Carragher gets an unbelievably easy ride, the kind of rat-infested filth he mixes with these days.

OK before I take my shower (you can award your own score):

Alisson - what a man.
AA - shit
Matip - very good
Lovren - shit
VvD - calm as fuck, totally untroubled.
Millie - quite good until the injury
Jomez - very good
Fabs - very good
Hendo - boring, average
Keita - why take him off? Very good.
Firmino - not at the party, average
Mane - good
Minamino - average to good
Origi - nope
Gini - invisible

Shit game but I didn't really expect much more TBH.

I thought Minamino was quite poor

Alisson - 7. Good saves when needed, but you'd expect him to make them.

Trent - 6. Not really at the races in the final third. Average elsewhere.
Matip - 8. A rock. That side of defence turned to jelly when the clown came on.
Virgil - 8. Won everything on the ground and in the air. Passing was lovely, too.
Milner - 6. Erm, hard to grade. Didn't really do anything wrong before he went off injured.

Fabinho -7. Was really bad for the first 10 or 15 minutes. Was good after that.
Henderson - 6. Maybe 6.5 or 7. Didn't do anything wrong, but didn't really stand out. Not creative enough.
Keita - 8. Ran the show from midfield. Looked a much worse team when he went off and never looked like winning from that moment.

Minamino - 5. Poor, didn't really do much.
Firmino - 7. Nice touches, worked hard. Nothing stuck up top when he came off.
Mane - 6. Average. Isn't suited to playing through the middle.

Subs.

Gomez - 7. Did okay. Missed Robbo though.
Ox - 5. Christ, even worse than Minamino.
Wijnaldum - 5. Did he do anything except lose the ball for the Everton chance?
Origi - 6. Meh. Should've gone through the middle, but was on the wing for some reason. Odd.
Lovren - 2. Good lord. "Bambi on ice" would be unfair to ungainly deer. Get this fucking clown out the club. He's an utter liability and has been for years.

Klopp - 5. Changes killed the game for us.

He's just disconnected, don't you think? He's playing the game he's told to play, and no one is yet playing passes instinctively to him.

Yeah, I don't think it's necessarily his fault. I suspect on the right of a front 3 isn't his best position, and it's a new club and a new country for him. Not writing him off or anything.

That was poo.

Firmino played well?? Ahahahah. He was shite as he has been most of the season

Beat Palace and we need Burnley or Chelsea to beat City. Then Raheem will be part of a guard of honour at the emptyhad.

I think.

I thought that it was some strange roles some of the squad were asked to play, Minamino asked to play out wide for Salah when he should if anything be playing behind the front three, or at least in the Firmino role, then the Ox relaces him in that same role. I remember him (The OX) starting out on the Left, and playing perhaps one of his best games for us from that side, then bring on Origi, and playing Mane throught the middle...?? Surely you play Origi up front and leave Mane where he was...?
Still I am not to upset with the result. Had there been no lockdown we would have smashed these the form that we were in.
Maybe Klopp was trying out a few ideas.

Still unbeaten, and if we remain so till the end of the season it will be a special title winning first since Preston North End won the inaugural Football League competition in 1888–89 some 130 years ago

Firmino played well?? Ahahahah. He was shite as he has been most of the season

It was no coincidence we didn't create any chances and lost the ability for the ball to stick up top when he went off.

He hasn't been shite most of the season, either. He was brilliant at the start, particularly.

I thought that it was some strange roles some of the squad were asked to play, Minamino asked to play out wide for Salah when he should if anything be playing behind the front three, or at least in the Firmino role, then the Ox relaces him in that same role. I remember him (The OX) starting out on the Left, and playing perhaps one of his best games for us from that side, then bring on Origi, and playing Mane throught the middle...?? Surely you play Origi up front and leave Mane where he was...?
Still I am not to upset with the result. Had there been no lockdown we would have smashed these the form that we were in.
Maybe Klopp was trying out a few ideas.

Still unbeaten, and if we remain so till the end of the season it will be a special title winning first since Preston North End won the inaugural Football League competition in 1888–89 some 130 years ago

Uh oh... facepalm incoming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom