• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton (a) post-match

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was disappointing and confusing performance. Henderson was too conservative, Minamino looked out of position, although applied himself well. We missed Roberton and Salah desperately, TAA left his delivery in the dressing room.

Lovren did all he could to liven up and impact the game in all the wrong ways.

Second half was just a tactical mess.

Most forgettable Derby game ever.

Naby did well. TAA kept offering options and Bobby was grand. Other than that, it was a bit flat, which shouldn't be a surprise.

Well five more draws out of 8 and we have it. Or two wins. Take your pick

So what you are saying is.... we can play Lovren in every game from now on, and there' still a chance we win it??

Alisson - 7. Good saves when needed, but you'd expect him to make them.

Trent - 6. Not really at the races in the final third. Average elsewhere.
Matip - 8. A rock. That side of defence turned to jelly when the clown came on.
Virgil - 8. Won everything on the ground and in the air. Passing was lovely, too.
Milner - 6. Erm, hard to grade. Didn't really do anything wrong before he went off injured.

Fabinho -7. Was really bad for the first 10 or 15 minutes. Was good after that.
Henderson - 6. Maybe 6.5 or 7. Didn't do anything wrong, but didn't really stand out. Not creative enough.
Keita - 8. Ran the show from midfield. Looked a much worse team when he went off and never looked like winning from that moment.

Minamino - 5. Poor, didn't really do much.
Firmino - 7. Nice touches, worked hard. Nothing stuck up top when he came off.
Mane - 6. Average. Isn't suited to playing through the middle.

Subs.

Gomez - 7. Did okay. Missed Robbo though.
Ox - 5. Christ, even worse than Minamino.
Wijnaldum - 5. Did he do anything except lose the ball for the Everton chance?
Origi - 6. Meh. Should've gone through the middle, but was on the wing for some reason. Odd.
Lovren - 2. Good lord. "Bambi on ice" would be unfair to ungainly deer. Get this fucking clown out the club. He's an utter liability and has been for years.

Klopp - 5. Changes killed the game for us.

Minamino 5 and Bobby 7?

Tough game to see lack of depth exposed. No one in the squad is really capable of playing wide forward as deputy to Mane or Mo. Maybe only Shaqiri. Ox never shines that far forward, Divock doesn't excel out wide. Minamino clearly looks like he needs to play more centrally or deeper. He did some nice interplay around the box but as Macca said he isn't looked to by his team mates yet. He also rarely looked to run forward and in behind.

I was surprised we didn't bring Neco on when Millie got injured, either play Neco straight in at LB or move Trent to LB and Neco to RB.

Flat performance, but we didn't lose, in the derby, so there is that. Think it was more of a flat performance than the fitness, as we looked flat from the off.
Show once again that there is no adequate cover for LB or any of the front 3, especially when you're putting Minafuckingmino up there and he looks about as much a goal thread as bobby.
Hopefully the first team back for the next one.
Naby looked good. All you fuckers writing him off.

We shit the bed at Goodison alot don't we? Even without fans. Two wins there in a decade.

Zero defeats. We equalled our longest unbeaten streak against a single opposition. 22 games without losing to the shite. We’ve only ever done that to Villa.

The last Liverpool manager to lose a game against Everton was hodgepodge.

Zero defeats or not, 2 wins in 10 is shite considering how average Everton have been in that time.

As one of the commentators said over here, and he's also a coach/manager at the highest level.
Usually when you play the first competitive matches after a pre season, its hell for about 5-6 games and after 55-60 mins its just pain and aches all over. Imagine what its like after the short pre season they've had now and the long lay off.
One thing is running and practicing, but its something very different when you're playing a game. So all the injuries and little knocks were always going to happen.

So, that and the fact that we looked like we've been through a mini pre season and were a bit off, a draw away to the blueshite wasnt the worst result.
We grew into the game but the subs actually made us worse.

Keita was great and the naturally fit van Dijk aswell. I actually thought Minamino was quite decent, although somewhat lost out on the wing.
He will be much better centrally. But he was involved in a few good attacks, seemed more integrated in the team and worked hard.

Wednesday against Palace will be tough as well. They looked well drilled and fit, and will be tough to break down.
The inclusion of Robertson and Salah will be good for us though.

It was no coincidence we didn't create any chances and lost the ability for the ball to stick up top when he went off.

He hasn't been shite most of the season, either. He was brilliant at the start, particularly.

That's why I said most of the season. I think we need an upgrade on him now.

Keita going off was an odd one, must be down to fitness, thought he was great.

Gomez was good when he came on, VVD was solid. All the attacking players looked rusty, and not up to much.

Tough game to see lack of depth exposed. No one in the squad is really capable of playing wide forward as deputy to Mane or Mo. Maybe only Shaqiri. Ox never shines that far forward, Divock doesn't excel out wide. Minamino clearly looks like he needs to play more centrally or deeper. He did some nice interplay around the box but as Macca said he isn't looked to by his team mates yet. He also rarely looked to run forward and in behind.

I was surprised we didn't bring Neco on when Millie got injured, either play Neco straight in at LB or move Trent to LB and Neco to RB.
This. Klopp is wedded to a 4-3-3 with a false 9 and two wide forwards. You take one of those wide forwards out of the equation, and our attack loses a significant amount of its potency.

It does look like Minamino will be a nice understudy for the false 9 role to Firmino, but there's really nobody in the squad who can deputise for Mane or Salah. Origi is pretty agricultural out wide, Shaqiri is perma-injured, and Elliott is a kid.

The idea behind Werner would've been to have some flexibility in formation i.e. switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation, and retaining pace up front even in the absence of Mane and Salah.

Klopp & Edwards need to think hard about bringing another pacy attacker in this summer. If that means selling Shaq, Wilson and Grujic, so be it. We can't challenge for much longer relying on just 2 pacy attackers in the entire squad.

This. Klopp is wedded to a 4-3-3 with a false 9 and two wide forwards. You take one of those wide forwards out of the equation, and our attack loses a significant amount of its potency.

It does look like Minamino will be a nice understudy for the false 9 role to Firmino, but there's really nobody in the squad who can deputise for Mane or Salah. Origi is pretty agricultural out wide, Shaqiri is perma-injured, and Elliott is a kid.

The idea behind Werner would've been to have some flexibility in formation i.e. switching to a 4-2-3-1 formation, and retaining pace up front even in the absence of Mane and Salah.

Klopp & Edwards need to think hard about bringing another pacy attacker in this summer. If that means selling Shaq, Wilson and Grujic, so be it. We can't challenge for much longer relying on just 2 pacy attackers in the entire squad.

Excellent post, spot on.

That became all about reducing injury risk & getting minutes in legs.

I think they were more interested in that than the points.

Worth bearing in mind that for Ancelloti having no crowd was a huge bonus, it meant they could sit back & stick to their plan without the crowd urging them on & forcing them to push up & leave space.

We're not going to see a free flowing Liverpool side blowing teams out of the water for some time, certainly not against Palace. We may see a much better side against City simply because they'll want to play football, whereas Everton didn't & I doubt Palace will either.

I think the end of this season has become as much a pre season for next season as it has anything else.

That became all about reducing injury risk & getting minutes in legs.

I think they were more interested in that than the points.

Worth bearing in mind that for Ancelloti having no crowd was a huge bonus, it meant they could sit back & stick to their plan without the crowd urging them on & forcing them to push up & leave space.

We're not going to see a free flowing Liverpool side blowing teams out of the water for some time, certainly not against Palace. We may see a much better side against City simply because they'll want to play football, whereas Everton didn't & I doubt Palace will either.

I think the end of this season has become as much a pre season for next season as it has anything else.

Thought about this during the game. 20 % possession in the 2nd half with a home crowd sounds nasty to say the least.

Zero defeats. We equalled our longest unbeaten streak against a single opposition. 22 games without losing to the shite. We’ve only ever done that to Villa.

The last Liverpool manager to lose a game against Everton was hodgepodge.

So he was almost right. We did find Utopia, after he buggered off.

No.. 4 points will be enough in the next two games, assuming city beat Burnley then
Chelsea

City lose or draw one of the next two games then a win against Palace will be enough

That only works if we get 4 points in the next 2 games.

I’d love to have it in the bag before playing them. See if they do a guard of honour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom