• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fergie to retire (confirmed)

He's stepped down after being tipped off he's about to get nicked by the Yewtree team.

57441021.jpg

He was like some kind of wild animal. He lunged at me and grabbed my wrist, really hard, saying, 'Let go, lassie, let go, give up!' It was terrifying.

Im a bit surprised as well that so many here underestimate Moyes.

To be honest I dont really know if he could make the step up, but practically every commentator I have listened to or read this morning seem to think he is the ideal man to take the job.

Wenger. You're reading it wrong.

Fergie and Wenger make better decisions on contracts and transfers, they have a positive effect on their clubs when you equalise all other factors.
No other Premiership managers have done that.
I'm not reading it wrong. I'm saying all managers decisions on contracts and transfers affect their club. But not always in a good way.

Fair dinkum!

Seriously.
I think the United squad illustrate the gap between what people think is required to be successful and what is actually required to be successful. I would argue that's an excellent united squad that the average person just doesn't know how to appreciate.

The idea that its an average squad buoyed by magical Fergie powers is the story that people tell themselves because they don't understand why it's successful - that's why I started a thread about United being the moneyball team earlier in the year. There's something in those players they see and value that we don't, and that's why we don't understand why the squad is so good.

I'm not reading it wrong. I'm saying all managers decisions on contracts and transfers affect their club. But not always in a good way.

Obviously, but there's no evidence to suggest any other premiership manager had had a positive effect on their club when you equalise other factors.

Is it just me that reckons Moyes is being hugely underestimated on here?

A jumped up accountant someone said? What?

I don't know how well he'd make the step up but he's done a great job at Everton all in all and the football they play isn't always as bad as has been made out. Osman, Mirales, Piennar, Baines... they're not exactly promoted beyond their means cloggers are they.

No. It's not just you. I do rate Moyes and I think he has it in him to make that step up.

To be honest I dont really know if he could make the step up, but practically every commentator I have listened to or read this morning seem to think he is the ideal man to take the job.

No Champions League experience
No trophies
No experience of dealing with superstar players
Plays largely unattractive one dimensional football
Rooney hates him

Hes pretty much the opposite of the ideal candidate, I really hope he gets the job

Is it just me that reckons Moyes is being hugely underestimated on here?

A jumped up accountant someone said? What?

I don't know how well he'd make the step up but he's done a great job at Everton all in all and the football they play isn't always as bad as has been made out. Osman, Mirales, Piennar, Baines... they're not exactly promoted beyond their means cloggers are they.

He has done a wonderful job at Everton. But this stat from last season should worry them and I dont think it has improved this season also.

P 47 W 0 D 16 L 31 David Moyes record for Everton in away games against Liverpool, Man U, Arsenal and Chelsea.

I think Moyes will do extremely well tbh.

The bonus is however, it's still a gamble, whereas fergie staying there isn't, even if successful he may struggle in one or two seasons out of the first few seasons, & it drops Everton right in the shit too.

Moyes has been a great manager to the level that he's been tested at. Not sure how that will translate to managing a team like Utd.
They will surely want Mourinho. If not, the likes of Klopp or someone like that.
What's Carlos Queerarse up to these days?

I respect a little bit what Moyes has achieved so far, but he's won nothing NOTHING. King Kenny came back for a year and a half and won us the Capital One Cup and got us to the final of the FA Cup. Thats more than what Moyes has done in 11yrs!! UTD are a team used to winning a lot it pains me to say, and Moyes in my opinion doesn't offer them that, If i'm proved wrong then so be it he'll have a bit more respect off me like it matters. But until then fuck him and fuck UTD.

Moyes has been a great manager to the level that he's been tested at. Not sure how that will translate to managing a team like Utd.
They will surely want Mourinho. If not, the likes of Klopp or someone like that.
What's Carlos Queerarse up to these days?

They'd be mad to want mourinho, he never ever plans for a team in the future by boosting the academy or buying young players & blooding them for a couple of seasons.

They'd be sacrificing their stability long term for short term gains that they don't need.

I'd have done it to get the league title back from those cunts for at last a season or two, but let's not pretend he leaves clubs in a healthy long term state, cos he really doesn't.

Martin O'Neill's available isn't he? :p

Would be surprised if the likes of Jupp Heynckes and Manuel Pellegrini aren't considered, despite their age, especially the former's.

fking hell, I never expected this to happen. If facebook is anything to go by I'll be avoiding sky sports news for the next month.

Just seen this....

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I am startled.

Just seen this....

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

I am startled.

Same, I posted in this last night thinking no chance, never happening. Got that one wrong :D

SSN speculating that a new manager could be announced this afternoon.
Talking about going live to the Man U and Everton training grounds for reports.
They obviously think it is Moyes

It won't be Mourinho, and why would you want it to be Moyes? It's going to take a very tough man indeed to take over from Ferguson and keep them at the top. Moyes is one of the few who I reckon would have a fighting chance of making it.

Because I firmly believe he would be a disaster there. 10 years of lowering expectation, pulling the wool over your own fans' eyes, playing down the club you manage and not winning anything is a recipe for disaster at Man Utd.

I just posted this to my fb:

'So we may finally get to see what Moyes can do at a big club. Should be interesting! '

I await the bites...

I'll still waiting for someone to explain to me how Moyes has done an excellent job?
Even our supporters have bought into the 'we're just a small poor club and not winning anything ever but finishing in the top 6 is success'.
Fuck him.
Fuck them.
And fuck I hope he gets it.

Reactions: DC2
Moyes will NEVER be Ferguson's predecessor. I just can't see it.

I get that he's a decent manager and one that many on here seems to appreciate but as has been said he's not ever really won anything. At all. Which really is less than convincing no matter how you address it.

Mourinho is a decent shout, and a part of me hope that'll he take over the job and then fail epicly.

I'd be less than surprised if it was someone from the continent however. Klopp being a top shout, perhaps a Deschamps. Maybe the lad from Benfica.

I am quite certain that Ferguson himself has had a lot of say in the matter too, but at the end of the day, no matter whom they pick he'll eventually struggle immensely not to be forever hidden in the shadow of the old Scotsman.

I'll still waiting for someone to explain to me how Moyes has done an excellent job?
Even our supporters have bought into the 'we're just a small poor club and not winning anything ever but finishing in the top 6 is success'.
Fuck him.
Fuck them.
And fuck I hope he gets it.

I think he's a cunt, but, he has managed to keep the blueshite in the top 8 for years on end with about a 15-20mill transfer spend each season at the very most. Playing insipid football admittedly.
I can't wait till he gets utd playing his samba football.

Moyes will NEVER be Ferguson's predecessor. I just can't see it.

I get that he's a decent manager and one that many on here seems to appreciate but as has been said he's not ever really won anything. At all. Which really is less than convincing no matter how you address it.

Mourinho is a decent shout, and a part of me hope that'll he take over the job and then fail epicly.

I'd be less than surprised if it was someone from the continent however. Klopp being a top shout, perhaps a Deschamps. Maybe the lad from Benfica.

I am quite certain that Ferguson himself has had a lot of say in the matter too, but at the end of the day, no matter whom they pick he'll eventually struggle immensely not to be forever hidden in the shadow of the old Scotsman.

not without a time machine anyway :)

If Mourinho comes in we'll have to watch them win for 3/4 years before it goes to shit, I want an immediate negative impact from whoever comes in.

Ancelotti would probably do well there, he comes into team and keeps them playing well.

Back
Top Bottom