• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Fergie to retire (confirmed)

What kind of big club would replace a legendary manager who's won loads of trophies with some bloke who's done feck all so far in his career?? Madness.

Didn't Rooney and moyes fall out?

A couple of lawsuits over who called who a what back in the day, no love lost there, it may hasten Rooneys exit or his premature hair loss, possibly both, too early to tell

What kind of big club would replace a legendary manager who's won loads of trophies with some bloke who's done feck all so far in his career?? Madness.
Exactly this. But steady on you're actually sounding concerned for them haha. I would hate it if Moyes turns out just as good as Fergie though ...

I know what your getting at but I think Avram Grant deserved his chance at Chelsea

Wouldn't disagree but just a hunch feeling.

The Buttner lad hasn't seem to work out, Baines 'deserve' a shot at a bigger club, his stats over the past seasons have proven how important he is to Moyes' plan and Felliani has comparatively more options (of clubs to choose from).

Baines is an amazingly good player. He'd improve almost any team in Europe.

jiFfM.jpg

I think given kenwrights inability, or lack of will, in wages or transfer fees that's he's had them punching above their weight relatively consistently, as well as bringing through a number of youth players successfully & buying in players at low fees with more success than most who operate with that kind of budget.

Sure, it's all relative, but without him I suspect Everton would be much much lower done the table.

Fair points. You're probably right. Let's hope he can do the same with Man Utd.

On a sidenote, I wonder what's the odd for Phil Neville being named Moyes' successor at Everton?

Macca was taking the piss out of Liverpool doing the same thing with Kenny.

Its not unusual for clubs to take a chance on young managers who have won fuck all, but a manager in his 50s with over 10 years experience in the league who has won fuck all is slightly different prospect. I cant help thinking Moyes will be completely out of his depth like Hodgson was here

As good a time as any for a new manager to take over. They might not be the bully Ferguson is, but it won't matter with half the Utd board moving to the FA or whatever is going on.

Hopefully having David Moyes in charge after a period of dominance is a big disaster for them as it was for us having Roy Evans in charge..

charles-ramsey.png

I could not believe this was happenin,' brother. It was crazy, man! I mean, I had just gone for another McDonalds, man! I thought: lightning ain't gonna strike twice - go an' enjoy the Big Mac you had to throw away the day before because of all that commotion! So that's what I did. And then I'm on ma way home, you know, munchin' on ma Big Mac, and then this crazy Scotch dude with a big red nose comes lurching at me, waving this bottle of moonshine in ma face, screaming, 'Ma name is Alex Flurgasund and I want to retire - lend me your phone!' So I had to throw away yet another Big Mac while this dude starts phonin' everyone in the whole wide world! It's CRAZY, man! I don't think I'm EVER goin' to be left alone to eat ma McDonalds!

I wonder how much wishful thinking's gone into some of the amazing views about Moyes in this thread. "Not won anything" - is this supposed to be a serious criticism? He's taken a pack of junkyard dogs and turned them into a top six side. As for them wanting a "big name", they're going to find the fact that Ferguson's sticking around as a director a pretty big hurdle to cross when it comes to attracting the Mourinhos of this world. If it *is* Moyes I really hope those of you dissing the guy turn out to be right, but I'm a sod of a lot less confident than you that you will be.

Yeah, Moyes will do well there. He's a good manager. One of the best in the league.

Moyes is one of the better candidates tbh. He doesn't spend lightly and is quick to kick out problem players

Back
Top Bottom