• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Fowler vs Owen

Prefix for Poll Threads

Owen or Fowler

• Owen

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Fowler

Votes: 24 96.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So how does Fowler at his best compare to Suarez? Unfortunately I haven’t seen enough of the former to form an opinion.
Fowler in 94-95 and 95-96 was sensational but Suarez was a different animal altogether. Fowler didn’t have the power or aggression. But he did score outrageous goals time and time again. He had prob the best off the ball movement I’ve ever seen and the best ability to stick the ball right in the corner of the net.
There is a great story when he first joined up with the England camp pre Euro 96 and he was practicing shooting with the England keepers and everyone else just stood around watching him in awe.
Such a shame he wasn’t professional and suffered potential limiting injures to his knees.
He peaked in 96 at 21 years old sadly. He was still good until he left in 2002 but long past his sensational best. His 4 goals against Man U 2 H/A in 95/96 showcased what a talent he was.
He was also brilliant in the air too.
His goals in the FA Cup semi final vs Villa, his goal against them at Anfield the same season , his goal vs City in 93/94 and his goal away to Bran Bergen in Europe as well as his goal away to West Ham in 97/98 (I think, it was the horrible yellow kit) were amazing.
He struck fear into Villa and Arsenal like Suarez did to Norwich, routinely scoring hat tricks (one being the fastest ever atm as a teenager)
Suarez was just a freak of nature in 13/14 and I doubt we’ll ever see a season like it again from anyone.

I remember reading a goalie (think it was that Australian guy who played for villa, can't remember his name) saying Fowler was a nightmare to play against as he seemed to have this way of hitting the ball so it would bend when you wouldn't expect it to. Like the way a golfer can put fade on the ball. Anyway, I think Fowler was the better striker. Also Owen has the personality of a cabbage.

I remember reading a goalie (think it was that Australian guy who played for villa, can't remember his name) saying Fowler was a nightmare to play against as he seemed to have this way of hitting the ball so it would bend when you wouldn't expect it to. Like the way a golfer can put fade on the ball. Anyway, I think Fowler was the better striker. Also Owen has the personality of a cabbage.
Mark Bosnich. He put 10 past him.

His goal away in 95/96 in the league was also a cracker as he said fuck off after scoring and the goal he scored at home to them in 94/95 would still be travelling if it hadn’t hit the back of the net. Rob Jones trying to score allowed the rebound to fall kindly to Fowler who walloped it in from 20 yards. God I loved Fowler as an impressionable teenager. He was God in every footballing way! Deserved to win more.
His overhead kick on his return (ruled out for offside) nearly brought the house down at Anfield. His winner vs Newcastle in 4-3 II. His 7 goals in the last 6 games of his return season to propel us to Europe were very underrated too when he was essentially finished bar his shooting.

He's now signed for Miami to play alongside Messi and the rest of Barca West.
Good for him, at that age now where he’s free to do what he likes. Had a tremendous career. Every club he’s been at he’s left as a great, even Atleto.

Weird move, his body is fucked. He can’t walk after games. Should retire or he’ll spend his elder years in a wheelchair. Fuck that.
They've got better medicine in the US. If they managed to keep Big Joe Thornton standing on skates, it sure won't be an issue with Suarez.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom