• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Hendo poll

Prefix for Poll Threads

What do you think about Henderson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
He's just one poor midfielder in a midfield trio.

When he's at his very best he's a very good midfielder, but still would struggle to get into the best sides in the league, & imo we still need better.

He hasn't been close to that for a long time, & that means we have a very weak presence in the middle of the park.

We could get away with one of a poor Hendo, Can or Gini if we had two quality players around them, but playing more than one will always get us found out against the sides we can't simply steamroll with our attack.

TL:DR
He is never good enough for us as a captain, he isn't good enough alongside our current midfield at all, & in his current form will often be a liability.

He's just one poor midfielder in a midfield trio.

When he's at his very best he's a very good midfielder, but still would struggle to get into the best sides in the league, & imo we still need better.

He hasn't been close to that for a long time, & that means we have a very weak presence in the middle of the park.

We could get away with one of a poor Hendo, Can or Gini if we had two quality players around them, but playing more than one will always get us found out against the sides we can't simply steamroll with our attack.

TL:DR
He is never good enough for us as a captain, he isn't good enough alongside our current midfield at all, & in his current form will often be a liability.

Pretty much all this.

Anybody who still didn't process that Sevilla 2nd half can play with the stats here. Just select the minutes from 45 to 90 on the slider at the bottom and toggle through different players and stats, particularly passing %. My conclusion is that Coutinho completely disappeared, Moreno's head was gone, Henderson's lack of calmness and ingrained quality as a passer and playmaker was exposed under great pressure from Seville, and Firmino should have been more focused. On the positive side, Wijnaldum did well to keep possession, Salah and Mane both dropped deep and did their best to help, Klavan kept his head and Gomez was just awesome.

Handy tool. From what I recall it took Salah and Mane a good 10 minutes to start helping by which stage the pattern was set and we were really struggling, Moreno was the standout disaster.

I have seen rumours elsewhere that Klopp doesn't fancy Henderson, Milner or Grujic and will replace them when he can. Not sure how believable that is.

Henderson is (though I'm not sure whether that should now become a "was" due to injuries) a good player.

The problem, as @rurikbird and others have pointed out in the past, is that he's not a holding player. He's a runner, a box to box player. He's been at his best for us when he's been played to his strengths.

Now I'm not sure whether or not injuries mean he can't play like that any more but he shouldn't be playing as a deep lying midfielder. We need someone a bit more like Matic in that role.

He wasn't good enough when we signed him.
He had a purple patch playing through-balls to Suarez and Gerrard for a season.
He's not good enough now.

I don't hate him, he has heart and is all about the cause, and I'd take him over Lucarse every day, he can play football for a kick-off.
But, he's not good enough, never really has been.

Henderson is (though I'm not sure whether that should now become a "was" due to injuries) a good player.

The problem, as @rurikbird and others have pointed out in the past, is that he's not a holding player. He's a runner, a box to box player. He's been at his best for us when he's been played to his strengths.

Now I'm not sure whether or not injuries mean he can't play like that any more but he shouldn't be playing as a deep lying midfielder. We need someone a bit more like Matic in that role.

We should take a look at that N'Zonzi for Sevilla. Used to play for Blackburn.

N'Zonzi ran the show for Stoke once against us and I mentioned it on here and everyone said I was an idiot. He's always been a good player.

He wasn't good enough when we signed him.
He had a purple patch playing through-balls to Suarez and Gerrard for a season.
He's not good enough now.

I don't hate him, he has heart and is all about the cause, and I'd take him over Lucarse every day, he can play football for a kick-off.
But, he's not good enough, never really has been.
https://imgtc.com/w/VEWV4xg

With the way transfer fees are, I could put a micro kit on one of my dog's eggs and it would go for 20M. Lucas went for 5M.
That said, I'd take 6M for Hendo.

Whilst we're on the subject of these 40mill Henderson bids, I'd defo consider an offer of 826mill if it came in for Moreno.

With the way transfer fees are, I could put a micro kit on one of my dog's eggs and it would go for 20M. Lucas went for 5M.
That said, I'd take 6M for Hendo.

Exactly this. Who, apart from a midtable 10th to 15th type club would want him? It's not like a big European side is coming in for him. Everyone around our level knows he's shit. Who the fuck would pay 40m for him?

We might laugh at Ev paying 40 odd for Sigurdson... he's well better.

hahaha...
giphy-2.gif

He's definitely worth more to us than any fee he could command on the transfer market, so I'd keep him. However, he's our club captain and we need better if we're going to progress and become anything resembling contenders. Could the lad step down and become a bit-part-player? I doubt it. I think if he had the armbands taken from him he'd start planning a return to the north east.

He's still 20m to West Ham, Newcastle or whoever. Maybe more. Transfer fees are ridiculous. Troy Fucking Deeney was quoted at 30m last summer.

He's definitely worth more to us than any fee he could command on the transfer market, so I'd keep him. However, he's our club captain and we need better if we're going to progress and become anything resembling contenders. Could the lad step down and become a bit-part-player? I doubt it. I think if he had the armbands taken from him he'd start planning a return to the north east.
That's that then . Strip him of the captaincy before the Jan window ? ;)

I like it when he gets in the final third and delicately chips it into the keepers arms or floats a lovely pass into row F
Lol !!!! Love the way you described that. I actually think he could offer more but is a coward and does not take risks out of fear. Its like he has NEVER got out of his shell since joining us.

Dont cherry pick JJ.

He's not alone as Ive said but unlike the others he has offered very little in redeeming performances, hes also the captain.

He isnt taking one for the team, he is frequently playing to the detriment of the team, that maybe on Klopp but it doesnt give Henderson a pass.That is why he's being spoken of.

I'd also note my criticism of henderson started well before this deeper role became his position, I dont think he's ever been good enough, period. Is innabilities are equally evident on the ball as they are off it.

By all means start a thread next time Gini or Can go missing, they were V.poor defensively against Spartak IMO

Who has? Are you telling me Wijnaldum and Can are putting in redeeming performances? They both perform well on average once every several games, which isn't good enough either, and they are both playing in arguably their natural positions, so what's their excuse?

Can turned up at the beginning of the season when the window was still open, then duly played shite again when it closed. Cherry picking and giving players a pass? Neither of those two are playing on the back of a career threatening injury. Neither offer much protection at key times defensively, infact both have had some pretty horrendous moments defensively. Yet because neither are the defensive third of the midfield, they get a reprieve. So what's their job then? What's their respective goals and assists contributions this season and last? Their respective "position" is to be the more advanced of the midfield trio, to make things happen, they don't do that nearly enough either. Infact, the only players who have in the midfield three are Coutinho and Lallana, the latter who has had similar stick to what Henderson has had.

I'm not trying to be a cunt, but I took it that the OP's point really was to ask, "why is he getting singled out so much, when there are other under performers in the team, playing in their natural roles"? A point that was immediately lost it seems.

It's why I really can't be fucked with the forum these days, particularly match threads, when you know it's filled with that moron who should have been booted years ago, drumming his hatred into everyone for the zillionth time.

You wouldn't mind if it was a well formed, intelligent point, but it's agenda riddled, snide bile, from a poster who spends games hoping his "hates" fuck up. Really.

er what ?

if you don't come on here because i don't rate Henderson then,erm,fair enough.

you did miss out all the posts by myself and others inbetween OP and here though which detail why Henderson is getting flagged.

In my opinion, yourself and JJ are just as blinkered in your support of him as others , maybe including myself are as detractors.This topic was about Jordan Henderson, the captain of Liverpool Football club - someone who is clearly dividing opinions with plenty believing he's not good enough to start in this current system/way he's deployed.

Agree /disagree whatever - great,that's kinda the whole point of this place.

The poll needs another category,

He's a good player but shouldn't be captain.

He's regressed as his opportunity to bomb on past the last man has been taken away by playing more as a dm.

The onus is on you because you're the one trying to claim Henderson is worse than the others. For the umpteenth time, nobody's trying to make out he doesn't have "deficiencies". What's at issue is the idea that his are greater than those of others around him. The "evident to all except you" bit is nonsense BTW and this very thread demonstrates that.

Your captain should either be

Your best player
Your best organizer
Your best leader either by example or by talking.

Ideally your captain is all four, unfortunately Henderson is none of the above and that's why he is rightfully imo being singled out.

I've never rated Can and can't wait to see the back of him but he's not the captain of the club is he.

er what ?

you did miss out all the posts by myself and others inbetween OP and here though which detail why Henderson is getting flagged.

In my opinion, yourself and JJ are just as blinkered in your support of him as others , maybe including myself are as detractors.This topic was about Jordan Henderson, the captain of Liverpool Football club - someone who is clearly dividing opinions with plenty believing he's not good enough to start in this current system/way he's deployed.

I'm 100% sure he is referring to Modo not you.

Although the fact he said moron he might have meant me too.

er what ?

I was talking about dickhead modo, obviously. I just thought your post contradicted itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom