• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Hendo poll

Prefix for Poll Threads

What do you think about Henderson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair play to you for sticking to your guns despite years of evidence to the contrary
What evidence? You mean one year of being good? His only highlights during his 5 year stint at Liverpool: One season, one goal against Chelsea and possibly another goal against maybe Arsenal where he flukes his way past two players and score.

Last edited:
What evidence? You mean one year of being good? His only highlights during his 5 year stint at Liverpool: One season, one goal against Chelsea and possibly another goal against maybe Arsenal where he flukes his way past two players and score.

What's your case for Lucas then, you inconsistent twat.

What's your case for Lucas then, you inconsistent twat.
At least Lucas at his peak was voted Liverpool's player of the season. Henderson at his peak is about two crappy games from having the armband taken off him.

At least Lucas at his peak was voted Liverpool's player of the season. Henderson at his peak is about two crappy games from having the armband taken off him.

Hahahahaha.. Are you fucking serious? lol

You're proper mental.

I seem to remember us losing the title because Henderson got banned. The residing memory of Lucas is that pass to Jamie Vardy.

This is Modo, who once told us that Carragher was always crap. Jamie Carragher, club legend.

Always trust the judgement of a fan who STILL talks up one of the most derided and divisive footballers in the history of our great football club. "I'm always right".

This is Modo, who once told us that Carragher was always crap. Jamie Carragher, club legend.

Always trust the judgement of a fan who STILL talks up one of the most derided and divisive footballers in the history of our great football club. "I'm always right".
Henderson fantastic passing range:

Since you brought up Carragher. My memory of him.

Although Jamie Carragher, left the club as a legend, he wasn't always revered by the fans. Jamie Back-Pass Carragher, Jamie Sideways Carragher, Jamie Hoof-It Carragher, Jamie Own-Goal Carragher, just a few of the names he earned during his earlier years. He eventually endeared himself to the fans as a utility player playing left-back, right-back, centre-half and midfield, not because of his football, which was average at best, back then, but because of his attitude - which was absolutely superb; he always, always gave 100% and his red-faced determination soon became his trademark. Suddenly people down the pub were talking about Carragher, in a more favourable way - not about his silky skills, but about his heart and his no nonsense approach to defending and, of course, his accent, or rather the squeaky pitch with which he delivered his accent.

Young Jamie Carragher, always struck me as a safety first defender that was more of a blocker than a tackler. He had just enough intelligence to be able to decide when to blast a ball into touch or when to play a nice safe back pass. It was often said that he got a nose bleed if he crossed the half-way line. He was most definitely not your flying wing-back type. I don't recall when it was exactly but the lad definitely had an epiphany at some point in his early career and, seemingly, in an effort to shake the Back-Pass moniker, he started playing these wild long balls out of defence, to earn his Hoof-It moniker. I don't know if it was Ged or Thommo that wanted this, to add a new dimension to his game or if it was one of them that cut it out of his game but I do remember the frustration at this dependable, safe pass player suddenly being the cause of lots of lost possession for at least a whole season. I also remember he had managed reign this in just as Rafa arrived and bought Crouchie, and I'm sure lots of others here remember that the arrival of the big lad led to speculation that Hoof-Ball Carragher would return.

His rise to legend is a story of grit, determination, heart and accents. Sadly, Jamie Pundit Carragher, is my least favourite incarnation of an LFC legend.

P.S It should be known that some days I can barely remember my own name and I might be confusing Carragher with a comic book character I once read. I also often wash my hands before going the toilet so the chronology might be a tad off too. I also fear that I suffer from The Mandela Effect and as such my reality stream may be flowing in a different direction to yours.

Yeah, I tried to be fair and justify my recent disdain for hendo

Modo is just being a cunt
At least Modo hasn't resorted to name-calling.
I didn't bring Lucas into this discussion and I sure as hell didn't mention Carragher.

Also, I didn't decide conjure up some absolute rubbish about hating English players in general because I didn't rate Carra, Downing and Henderson.
First off, never hated Gerrard. That's just something he pulled out of his ass.
Let's look at other English players we've had.
Barmby, nothing against him. Murphy, hated the person more than the player but that was after he left. Sturridge, love the guy. Sterling, followed him when he was playing for the reserves, FFS. Gomez, Johnson, nope.
Warnock, actually thought he was dealt a bad deal. Loved Michael Owen, Fowler, McManaman, Matteo, Redknapp.
Barnes is my favourite player.
So this notion that I hate English players because they're English is, again, absolute bollox. But overrated players who were adored here like Adam Johnson, Lallana etc yeah, I admit that I have a problem with average overrated English players.

Feel like more people are going to be opposed to hendo now after his best ghost impersonation today

Fucking. Woeful.

The fact he's STILL captain is galling

He has no confidence with his final ball anymore.
He isn't good enough on current form to be in our first 11.

At least Modo hasn't resorted to name-calling.
I didn't bring Lucas into this discussion and I sure as hell didn't mention Carragher.

Also, I didn't decide conjure up some absolute rubbish about hating English players in general because I didn't rate Carra, Downing and Henderson.
First off, never hated Gerrard. That's just something he pulled out of his ass.
Let's look at other English players we've had.
Barmby, nothing against him. Murphy, hated the person more than the player but that was after he left. Sturridge, love the guy. Sterling, followed him when he was playing for the reserves, FFS. Gomez, Johnson, nope.
Warnock, actually thought he was dealt a bad deal. Loved Michael Owen, Fowler, McManaman, Matteo, Redknapp.
Barnes is my favourite player.
So this notion that I hate English players because they're English is, again, absolute bollox. But overrated players who were adored here like Adam Johnson, Lallana etc yeah, I admit that I have a problem with average overrated English players.

Ah the old I have black friends defence.

It's got bugger all to do with "that performance" or any other performance. You've admitted above that you disliked him from the beginning anyway. If he'd played well you'd just wait until the next time he had an off day, and stink the place out by airing your obsession yet again.

Taking today's performance on its own, if anyone can tell me that was any better than utter shite you're really going to have to explain how and why you came to that. He was fucking dreadful

Taking today's performance on its own, if anyone can tell me that was any better than utter shite you're really going to have to explain how and why you came to that. He was fucking dreadful

If someone was to attempt it i bet his successful pass percentage was high

If someone was to attempt it i bet his successful pass percentage was high
It was and you know why? Because Everton let him have the ball, because he poses zero threat to them. He was given the freedom of Anfield as someone said in the match thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom