• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Hendo poll

Prefix for Poll Threads

What do you think about Henderson?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure the shot was woeful, but he wasn't on his own today in that regard.

I thought he was one of the few all day who tried to make something happen, and tried to bring some intensity into our play.

He was our defensive mid, and he had more of the ball than anyone. The performances from the two more advanced mids in Milner and Ox were far more disappointing. Neither did anything of note, Milner especially poor.

80% possession, allowed them 3 shots, one defender (maybe) made a mistake.

The blame is elsewhere for this one. Mane, Klopp, Lovren, Referee

Sure the shot was woeful, but he wasn't on his own today in that regard.

I thought he was one of the few all day who tried to make something happen, and tried to bring some intensity into our play.

He was our defensive mid, and he had more of the ball than anyone. The performances from the two more advanced mids in Milner and Ox were far more disappointing. Neither did anything of note, Milner especially poor.

And this is my gripe over the repeated criticism of him. Wijnaldum and Can turn up when they feel like it, both are the more advanced DM's in their natural roles and their respective goals/assists records are piss poor. At least with Henderson he is out of position.

I'm not convinced anyone but Modo is blaming him for the defeat, rather highlighting another abject display.

You can criticise the performance of a player who's been rightly criticised for a while, especially after he had been dropped/rested and we were fantastic

And this is my gripe over the repeated criticism of him. Wijnaldum and Can turn up when they feel like it, both are the more advanced DM's in their natural roles and their respective goals/assists records are piss poor.
Our whole midfield is shite

Difference is Henderson is captain

You can't blame Henderson for the derby defeat that's just moronic. You could blame many factors really. The initial lineup. Mane being greedy when he should have squared it. The Salah sub. Yet another brain fart from Lovren. As for the post topic. For me Henderson is an average player - he's decent but nothing more but I certainly don't feel he has the mental strength to be a team captain. The problem with that though there's none in that squad you could say do have those captaining qualities

I don't really have a problem with fair criticism of him, he's putting in mediocre performances, no question, but some of the criticism is unfair too. He probably never should have been captain, but he was a good role model at the time. As a team we're too "nice", his captaincy is symptomatic of that.

I'm not convinced anyone but Modo is blaming him for the defeat, rather highlighting another abject display.

You can criticise the performance of a player who's been rightly criticised for a while, especially after he had been dropped/rested and we were fantastic
I'm not blaming him.

We didn't draw yesterday because Henderson was captain, but it's still embarrassing having such a woeful player in such an important position.

Great video.

Henderson is a CM (not DM) who has (or had) energy and legs but no real great technique or positioning. He was effectively our Darren Fletcher.

He's decent at long and short passing but not very good in tight areas when he's under pressure.

Another big issue is that he doesn't hit long passes into player runs. Rather, he hits long passes into static players or passes which make a player having to check back. There's also not enough variety in his passing, and for me, there's not enough redeemable qualities in are of his game to make him a viable long term player, let alone captain.

We need a new DM. Whether it be an Alonso type, or Mascherano type. Ideally we purchase a player who can do a bit of both, or buy both types and alternate them depending on the opposition.

Man that video was perfect, everything I've highlighted with Henderson before is being covered.

Great video.

Henderson is a CM (not DM) who has (or had) energy and legs but no real great technique or positioning. He was effectively our Darren Fletcher.

He's decent at long and short passing but not very good in tight areas when he's under pressure.

Another big issue is that he doesn't hit long passes into player runs. Rather, he hits long passes into static players or passes which make a player having to check back. There's also not enough variety in his passing, and for me, there's not enough redeemable qualities in are of his game to make him a viable long term player, let alone captain.

We need a new DM. Whether it be an Alonso type, or Mascherano type. Ideally we purchase a player who can do a bit of both, or buy both types and alternate them depending on the opposition.

This video is Hendo versus Everton in a nutshell. That's everything we need to know about him. I applaud his loyalty and his commitment but we could and should really do alot better than him.

Modo wrote a song about Henderson called ‘Captain Sideways’ to the tune of ‘Mighty Mouse’ and attached it as his signature

That is all anyone needs to know about Modo

Modo wrote a song about Henderson called ‘Captain Sideways’ to the tune of ‘Mighty Mouse’ and attached it as his signature

That is all anyone needs to know about Modo
I sure did. And the video pretty much covers it.

Manwithnoname called Firmino a flabby melt.

Yeah, although, I *didn’t* write new lyrics about him to an obscure children’s cartoon theme song and then use it as my signature, and then boohoohoo about it when someone quite obviously took the merciless piss

But then I’m not a cunt

Yeah, although, I *didn’t* write new lyrics about him to an obscure children’s cartoon theme song and then use it as my signature, and then boohoohoo about it when someone quite obviously took the merciless piss

But then I’m not a cunt
You called Firmino a flabby melt. Cunt or not, you called Firmino a flabby melt.
Flabby.... Melt.
Own that shit.
I own mine with pride, cause as cuntish as it is, it's true.

Own it with pride?

You fucking cried like a baby and started boohoohooing immediately

It was pitiful
Yeah I cried and left it there, right there, bottom of every post I make. Hahaha...
Jaysus, how about you keep up with telling us the blatantly obvious. Like how Slosemi and Crouch were average players.
Or how Firmino is a flabby melt.

You called Firmino a flabby melt. Cunt or not, you called Firmino a flabby melt.
Flabby.... Melt.
Own that shit.
I own mine with pride, cause as cuntish as it is, it's true.

It's fucking wank, childish and unfunny, but then you're fucking wank, childish and unfunny, so..

And Henderson is still shite. All is well in the world.

You must be made up, Lallana's back after a lengthy injury. You can spend match threads microscopically picking holes out of his performances. Like only sad pathetic cunt would.

You must be made up, Lallana's back after a lengthy injury. You can spend match threads microscopically picking holes out of his performances. Like only sad pathetic cunt would.
Depends on if he's shit or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom