• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Hendo'n his way out

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Hendo and Fabs will drop £55m into the kitty (plus add ons) on their way out, freeing up £20m plus of annual salary.

Decent kitty

Question is can we find appropriate value now.

We really didn't value him anymore as a footballer if we were salivating at freeing up his wages with that minor a fee.

We really didn't value him anymore as a footballer if we were salivating at freeing up his wages with that minor a fee.
With every reason.

Hendo without his stamina to get up and down the pitch and leadership to drive the team on is and always has been an ordinary player…

Great servant, fantastic captain but far from this midfield maestro.

Would a team in the premier League pay £12 mill for him?

Last edited:
361885666_10159316789487826_4449443332747755346_n.jpg

I really didn't think he'd go through with it. Disappointed
I don't think there was any going back once he'd agreed to it. Even if he changed his mind, the damage was done and it would always have followed him around.

It's a shame from a personal point of view, but I'm glad we're getting something for him. The team had become old and slow, so this gives us a real opportunity to breathe new life into it.

Exactly, so I don't understand why some seem upset by the fee.
If it wasn't for the Saudis, I'd say that Gerrard was doing us a solid.
Glad he’s gone. It was the right time to move on for all parties.

They’re no longer at their best and it’s no use pretending they are. We do need to move on from them and it’s a fine thing we’re getting fees for them.

No-one's saying they are. Farky's point, with which I for one agree, is that the fees we're getting aren't all that - better than nothing maybe, but not so's we're going to notice the difference they make. If Hendo in particular had wanted to stay I'd have preferred to keep him, as much for his personal qualities as for those on the pitch.

Who are the senior players who will help the new guys settle and cover any gaps while they learn the ropes? Not happy that we have lost Milner, Henderson and Millie in the same window ...

In which case people mustn’t complain about FSG being tight-fisted gits. Either we let players leave because they’re no longer performing at the required level or we hang onto sentiment and memories but fall behind. Which we have in the last season and are only scrambling to catch up.

Last edited:
Not a chance in hell we will ever be receiving any 'add-ons' from them.

Why not? Usually appearance based, and I’d imagine he’d play almost every game, and success. Given they are a mid table team success may be finishing 4th or somat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom