• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Injury Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only an idiot would get rid of players due to injuries

Wait till Salah, Fabinho, Henderson, Gini get injured (which they have) and then who would you play?

Buy some better players first.

We need to get rid of the aforementioned players in order to make room in the squad and on the balance sheet for players who able to play when we need them, there are too many passengers in the squad currently.

Nobody is suggesting we just get rid of 5 or 6 players and dont replace them at all as if that would somehow alleviate our issues

Do we think there will be a Jan signing? Surely CB becomes more and more urgent with Matip looking fragile.

Do we think there will be a Jan signing? Surely CB becomes more and more urgent with Matip looking fragile.

PE3O6Z9ojHeNSk7H4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

TPG reckons we won't sign anyone - neither do I - but that's his personal opinion, not based on any info or anything

Only an idiot would get rid of players due to injuries

Wait till Salah, Fabinho, Henderson, Gini get injured (which they have) and then who would you play?

Buy some better players first.

Nobody is advocating a fire-sale?

The point is the squad is too injury-prone to meet the demands of Klopps football, and it's something that has to be addressed. We've got a massive squad on big wages, yet we can only rely on 50 percent of it. Shaqiri, Keita, Chamberlain, Matip being the main concerns, but there's also legitimate concerns with Alisson, Tsimikas, Thiago, etc.

This is exacerbated by the fact we're likely to lose one of our most resilient players in Gini Wijnaldum. There needs to be at least 2 sales in the summer with 3 resilient players bought in. The status quo is unsustainable and will leave to rapid burnout. We all saw how Klopp's Dortmund fell apart, which should serve as a warning if we fail to act going forward. If some players mentioned cannot prove their fitness this season then it's time to be shown the door.

I have graced the hallowed turf at Anfield, I'll have you know.

I also graced the regular, perhaps substandard turf at Goodison.

Got beat at Anfield. Just like the first team will tomorrow.
Has thiago played at Anfield. I remember Stamford bridge and Goodison, that's all

None of them are bad players and it's unlucky they're so susceptible to injury.
With each serious injury, will the player not get weaker and slower.
Give me 3 good players who can play week in week out, then 5 World class players who spend 40-60% on the medical bed

Matip has died following his long suffering condition of being made out of weetabix.

None of them are bad players and it's unlucky they're so susceptible to injury.
With each serious injury, will the player not get weaker and slower.
Give me 3 good players who can play week in week out, then 5 World class players who spend 40-60% on the medical bed

And with that, you would win the league and CL?

I get the feeling we will get through to mid Jan with this squad - but what worries me is when the CL comes back in Feb (which is only what, 6 weeks away?)

We need Jota, Shaq, Millie, Thiago all fit otherwise I fear we might end up trying to compete in both and ultimately fading away.

We have a vital run between mid Jan and the start of the CL facing United, Spurs, City & Leicester in the league. It is asking a lot for those currently fit to go all guns blazing in this period, and then straight into the CL games too.

I'm worried... but also partly optimistic that at least these games aren't squashed between european fixtures.

I get the feeling we will get through to mid Jan with this squad - but what worries me is when the CL comes back in Feb (which is only what, 6 weeks away?)

We need Jota, Shaq, Millie, Thiago all fit otherwise I fear we might end up trying to compete in both and ultimately fading away.

We have a vital run between mid Jan and the start of the CL facing United, Spurs, City & Leicester in the league. It is asking a lot for those currently fit to go all guns blazing in this period, and then straight into the CL games too.

I'm worried... but also partly optimistic that at least these games aren't squashed between european fixtures.

Hopefully we can have the league wrapped up by then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom