• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Is it still FSG out?

Prefix for Poll Threads

FSG OUT or IN?

• OUT

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • IN

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • WAIT AND SEE

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
EXCLUSIVE: Liverpool owners want to give one last try to bring Michael Edwards back!
FSG want Edwards to take over football and put new structure in place — including new sporting director.
It’s important to clarify that Edwards has currently shown NO sign of saying yes — but FSG will try again.
Liverpool owners want new structure to be decided as soon as possible, it won’t take long to see new faces.
Final attempt for Michael Edwards ready with an answer expected soon… or FSG will move on already in March.
This is crucial as Liverpool want a new structure in place before appointing new manager for next season.

I don't believe that he's leaving because of a documentary, but we shall see when it comes out how much he has actually engaged with it.

I'm sure if Klopp insisted that he was against it it would not have been sanctioned. FSG aren't fucking mad.

I'm sure if Klopp insisted that he was against it it would not have been sanctioned. FSG aren't fucking mad.
I mean you say that….but they seemed to think the ESL was a good idea and were quick to jump in without clarifying with anyone first.

You’ll be surprised how sharply ones mind can turn where a sum of money is involved.

I mean you say that….but they seemed to think the ESL was a good idea and were quick to jump in without clarifying with anyone first.

You’ll be surprised how sharply ones mind can turn where a sum of money is involved.
If this proves to be the case, I'll be storming the walls with the rest of them.

The concern is that whole team. Seeing that guy who gees the boys up who looks a bit like a smaller version of Klopp, and Pep, and all these guys who the players clearly love and respond to, and that all their affinity with the players and knowledge of the players is just going to evaporate. Seems crazy to me.

If this proves to be the case, I'll be storming the walls with the rest of them.
There could be some truth in it but it won't be the reason, or much of a reason why Klopp and the gang are leaving.....deep down we know the main 3 reasons and none of them comes from what goes on behind the scenes.

There could be some truth in it but it won't be the reason, or much of a reason why Klopp and the gang are leaving.....deep down we know the main 3 reasons and none of them comes from what goes on behind the scenes.
Enlighten me Bino, what are these 3 reasons?

I'm still frustrated that we sat on our hands a little too much during Klopp's time here and it likely cost us a couple major titles. Was it primarily down to Klopp, FSG or some other factors? We'll never know.

It'll be interesting to see what happens after Klopp leaves. If we sort our shit out behind the scenes and remain competitive, massive kudos to FSG. If we're still fucking about with key positions being left vacant and there is a general sense of lack of direction and strategy... then yeah, questions will rightly be asked.

Enlighten me Bino, what are these 3 reasons?
Well actually 4.

1. Referees (practically each and every one of them)
2. Injuries (practically each and every one of them)
3. Having to deal with the press and answer to fools like Pearce twice a week.
4. Having to compete against more and more state owned cheats like City and Chelsea and moreover, watching as nothing gets done about it.

You could maybe even add a 5th and say FSG were part responsible for not backing him enough during certain summers and it's not unimaginable to think there weren't more than a few differences in their future ideas, no owner-manager relationship will work 100% of the time.

But mainly those 4 reasons....then multiple each of those 4 reasons 8-9 years over, that's a fucking hell of a lot and that's only looking at it from an outsiders point of view.......Klopp is human after all, but as fans we can be subconsciously selfish you see....so we just expect him to turn up to work the next morning, prepare his team for the week and crack on.

Last edited:
That is so stupid. Klopp is leaving because of about a million press conferences, not because of a documentary that he himself will have agreed to.

Well actually 4.

4. Having to compete against more and more state owned cheats like City and Chelsea and moreover, watching as nothing gets done about it.

You could maybe even add a 5th and say FSG were part responsible for not backing him enough during certain summers and it's not unimaginable to think there weren't more than a few differences in their future ideas, no owner-manager relationship will work 100% of the time.

But mainly those 4 reasons....then multiple each of those 4 reasons 8-9 years over, that's a fucking hell of a lot and that's only looking at it from an outsiders point of view.......Klopp is human after all, but as fans we can be subconsciously selfish you see....so we just expect him to turn up to work the next morning, prepare his team for the week and crack on.
None of this makes sense because he gave his notice in November - before most of the injuries this season and when we were at or close to the top. And if he had decided in the Summer then he'd have given notice this was his last season then.

I believe what Klopp gave as the reason (and being the man he is I don't believe for one second he'd lie) - he hit the wall. He woke up one day and realised he didn't have it in him to continue past this season. He's seeing the season out because he's a man of honour and feels duty-bound to the players, the fans and the club.

None of this makes sense because he gave his notice in November - before most of the injuries this season and when we were at or close to the top
None of it, really? it's over the course of 9 seasons Froggy and in any case the injuries didn't just magically occur after he gave his notice. Before his notice he'd lost key players like Virg, Matip, Gomez, Naby, Ox, Thiago, Origi, Lallana etc to injury, all big injuries. From 2018-2022 I read we suffered 190 different cases that were reported.
And if he had decided in the Summer then he'd have given notice this was his last season then.
That's an absurd statement, you really think someone who's been managing the club for over 8 years would give his notice the same summer he wanted to leave? Even Edwards gave his notice around the same time after giving the same amount of years' service. You obviously don't know Klopp all that well!!!!

I believe what Klopp gave as the reason (and being the man he is I don't believe for one second he'd lie) - he hit the wall. He woke up one day and realised he didn't have it in him to continue past this season. He's seeing the season out because he's a man of honour and feels duty-bound to the players, the fans and the club.
No, no, no and no. Woke up one day and came to the realisation?? What cuckoo land are you on? He said point blank looking down at the camera "I'm running out of energy".........this can only mean yearssssssssssss and yearsssssssssssssssssss of stress built on the poor man. Now where do you think that stress comes from when you see him every week on the touchline or in front of the press when his body language reads that ofa slapped arse?

None of it, really? it's over the course of 9 seasons Froggy and in any case the injuries didn't just magically occur after he gave his notice. Before his notice he'd lost key players like Virg, Matip, Gomez, Naby, Ox, Thiago, Origi, Lallana etc to injury, all big injuries. From 2018-2022 I read we suffered 190 different cases that were reported.

That's an absurd statement, you really think someone who's been managing the club for over 8 years would give his notice the same summer he wanted to leave? Even Edwards gave his notice around the same time after giving the same amount of years' service. You obviously don't know Klopp all that well!!!!

No, no, no and no. Woke up one day and came to the realisation?? What cuckoo land are you on? He said point blank looking down at the camera "I'm running out of energy".........this can only mean yearssssssssssss and yearsssssssssssssssssss of stress built on the poor man. Now where do you think that stress comes from when you see him every week on the touchline or in front of the press when his body language reads that ofa slapped arse?
Firat Para - Every manager accepts injuries as part and parcel of the game. You are deluded to think that is a major factor in him leaving.

Second para - read it again you numpty! 'This' as in 2023-24 was his last, not the season just past.

Third para - WTF are you on about. I believe Klopp's even said he thought he had the energy to see out his contract but then realised he didn't. Hence why he gave notice in November - otherwise why November? Which is totally illogical. So yes, he woke up one day and realised he was totally drained and came to the conclusion he couldn't go on after this season, discussed it with his family and then gave notice to FSG - in November. That's it.

Last edited:
Firat Para - Every manager accepts injuries as part and parcel of the game. You are deluded to think that is a major factor in him leaving.

Second para - read it again you numpty! This as in 2023-24 not the season just past.

Third para - WTF are you on about. I believe Klopp's even said he thought he had the energy to see out his contract but then realised he didn't. Hence why he gave notice in November - otherwise why November? Which is totally illogical. So yes, he woke up one day and realised he was totally drained and came to the conclusion he couldn't go on after this season, discussed it with his family and then gave notice to FSG - in November. That's it.
Except the injuries we've sustained are not acceptable, he's had to deal with his side being decimated with injuries for long enough and having to come up with a new solution every other week and he's seen his side twice miss out on the league because of this is pretty fucking draining, so yes I'd say it is 1 of the reasons why.

I don't even know why you need to bring up this argument, we know when he told the owners.......because he told us himself. So given the timing of his notice and where we were in the league, clearly we know it's nothing to do with the state of the club.

You said "none of it makes sense" yet only focus on 1 of the 5 reasons I gave.........Let's have our separate reasons why he's out of energy and leave it at that.

Except the injuries we've sustained are not acceptable, he's had to deal with his side being decimated with injuries for long enough and having to come up with a new solution every other week and he's seen his side twice miss out on the league because of this is pretty fucking draining, so yes I'd say it is 1 of the reasons why.

I don't even know why you need to bring up this argument, we know when he told the owners.......because he told us himself. So given the timing of his notice and where we were in the league, clearly we know it's nothing to do with the state of the club.

You said "none of it makes sense" yet only focus on 1 of the 5 reasons I gave.........Let's have our separate reasons why he's out of energy and leave it at that.
I said none of it makes sense because you've concocted 5 inane reasons out of pretty much nothing that every other manager has to deal with - and some have for 20 years in the PL. The only point you raise which 'may' have influenced his decision (but not be the deciding factor - which is fatigue) is how FSG and Klopp see the club going forward.

You ignored the most logical reason - burn out, fatigue, due to handling everything surrounding the running LFC at the very top level in the modern age for NINE years. Including the management and turnover of staff and players. You know the 'actual' reason he gave ! He's said he wanted to oversee the rejuvenation of the club - he's done that and now deserves a year off to recuperate.

While looking up on old posts containing info regarding Edwards, came across this post I made in Aug 2022. It partly explains why I'm in the
"wait and see" camp.

including this article dated Sep 2021

Untitled.jpg

Year on year, Klopp has to deal with things like these. How the new manager takes to it (us being Net Spend FC) is really crucial.

Dated Aug 2022
"Then there is also another fact that I am not in charge of what we can spend. That's the situation. We get told things and then we deal with it. That is always the same, it didn't change. You could say that is why we are here with a good understanding and a bad understanding.

"I always have to accept that and always did. That is it. It makes no sense to worry about something you cannot change. That is a waste of energy, a waste of positivity. I love this group, really I do, and not because they are so good looking, no, it's because they are incredible characters and they showed it again on Monday. Now let's go and don't worry constantly about these kinds of things, the facts are the facts, let's accept them and go from there."

Dated Aug 2023
Since I’ve been here, we have had to (live within our means). The club has had to, and of course that doesn’t make it easier. The problem is not our situation, it’s just in comparison to the other main teams. We have to be on point. That’s pretty much the thing. There is not a lot of space for failure.

I want to improve the squad, I absolutely do. But I have all the information around and I know what is possible and not possible, and it’s not always exactly what I want.

But it is not my job to complain, it is my job to take the team we have at the end of the transfer window and make the best of it and not sitting here thinking (grumbles) ‘oh they have this and they have that’. That’s how I understand it.

Well actually 4.

You could maybe even add a 5th and say FSG were part responsible for not backing him enough during certain summers and it's not unimaginable to think there weren't more than a few differences in their future ideas, no owner-manager relationship will work 1

I think this is all basically right, however the other part is just his intensity and application to the job.

He was talking about sabbaticals years and years ago.

I think this is all basically right, however the other part is just his intensity and application to the job.

He was talking about sabbaticals years and years ago.
Agreed - he even looks fucked now when he is celebrating - the aggression that comes with the celebrations and fist pumps is not at the same level, and the interviews he gives show signs of a very tired man.

Dear fucking Lord - do Klopp’s leaving because he has to deal with Referees, injuries and the press - I’m sure these things came as a massive shock to him when he signed up to manage Liverpool FC.

Probably not as a big a shock as learning he’s have to compete with City & Chelsea, like… but you know.

God forbid he finds out there’s documentaries as well -shits really gonna hit the fan.

Fucking hell.

Dear fucking Lord - do Klopp’s leaving because he has to deal with Referees, injuries and the press - I’m sure these things came as a massive shock to him when he signed up to manage Liverpool FC.

Probably not as a big a shock as learning he’s have to compete with City & Chelsea, like… but you know.

God forbid he finds out there’s documentaries as well -shits really gonna hit the fan.

Fucking hell.

I don't really understand your incredulity.

There can be a bunch of things that are involved in a job that you really like, that you really fucking hate. I love some things about what I do, but necessary evils for those things are fucking exhausting. When I'm ready to retire, I could easily say "I'd continue doing this job, if it wasn't for x, y and z."

Klopp likes football. He doesn't like any of the money men and beaurocrats around football. Redundant questioning in endless press conferences, virtually every other day, asking the same questions as interviews he just did. Endless fixtures and snide jibes at any legitimate attempt he makes to point to player welfare. The utter hypocrisy and circling of wagons around refs, and decisions made to enrich a few suits at the expense of the quality of the game, the welfare of his players. The total lack of any functioning investigative sports journalism in the UK. The tabloid attacks that enraged him. Etc. etc. etc.

Yes, and fucking ludicrous invasions of the privacy of his process that interrupt and distract. He knows it's part of the deal with this level of football in this country. Doesn't mean that it didn't drain the battery more than the parts of his job he actually finds important and fulfilling.

I don't really understand your incredulity.

There can be a bunch of things that are involved in a job that you really like, that you really fucking hate. I love some things about what I do, but necessary evils for those things are fucking exhausting. When I'm ready to retire, I could easily say "I'd continue doing this job, if it wasn't for x, y and z."

Klopp likes football. He doesn't like any of the money men and beaurocrats around football. Redundant questioning in endless press conferences, virtually every other day, asking the same questions as interviews he just did. Endless fixtures and snide jibes at any legitimate attempt he makes to point to player welfare. The utter hypocrisy and circling of wagons around refs, and decisions made to enrich a few suits at the expense of the quality of the game, the welfare of his players. The total lack of any functioning investigative sports journalism in the UK. The tabloid attacks that enraged him. Etc. etc. etc.

Yes, and fucking ludicrous invasions of the privacy of his process that interrupt and distract. He knows it's part of the deal with this level of football in this country. Doesn't mean that it didn't drain the battery more than the parts of his job he actually finds important and fulfilling.

Fucking hell Farkie - it’s not as if there’s referees, press and injuries in Germany is there.

That’s kind saying that dealing with figures is the reason you’re given up accountancy, or a Chef because they are pussed off with pots and pans.

Have we checked to make sure Darwin’s not about to quit over the composition of a goal post, misplaced passes or words spoken in English?

I’m sure there’s a billion things that annoy him - but if it’s fundamental thing like refs and players getting injured, then he’s better walking away because he shouldn’t clever contemplating management again - because refs and injuries are going to part and parcel.

To be honest, things aren't the same as they were when he started out in management. Refereeing standards have slipping, increase in foreign tours, increased media presence, increased in nations buying clubs. He may have dislikes those things 6 years ago, but now he fucking hates them.

People change. Environments change. Sometimes they conflict. I don't blame him for hated the circus around Football

To be honest, things aren't the same as they were when he started out in management. Refereeing standards have slipping, increase in foreign tours, increased media presence, increased in nations buying clubs. He may have dislikes those things 6 years ago, but now he fucking hates them.

People change. Environments change. Sometimes they conflict. I don't blame him for hated the circus around Football

Sorry - that’s nonsense - there’s no more foreign tours than previous years - there’s a preseason and that’s about it.

I don’t know about referring standards actually slipping - have they ever been any better, really?

Increase in nations buying clubs - like by 1 - Newcastle.

He’s probably doing the best thing for his own sanity then and we shouldn’t question it or look for other reasons, or blame - he’s just done and fair play to him for walking away while he still has some joy left in his life.

We're never gonna really know but I personally don't suspect any kind of hidden reason or conspiracy and would take it at face value. He's done the job for a long time and has had enough.

I suspect some of the things mentioned probably did contribute, because that is what happens in any job - you get small things that irritate you and as time goes on, and you get generally more fed up, those small things become slightly bigger.

I’m sure these things came as a massive shock to him when he signed up to manage Liverpool FC.
Well he's not fucking Nostradamus now is he, how do you explain how he would've known all the shitty scenarios he's had to face back to back for almost 10 years? Hard enough taking over a job like Liverpool never mind underestimating all the barricades that have been put in front of his way, very much out of his control

You think if Klopp 2024 could've asked Klopp 2015 to plan his next 9 years in management, it would've panned out exactly how it has in regards to those 4 subjects?

Don't be so obtuse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom