• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Is it still FSG out?

Prefix for Poll Threads

FSG OUT or IN?

• OUT

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • IN

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • WAIT AND SEE

Votes: 7 20.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well he's not fucking Nostradamus now is he, how do you explain how he would've known all the shitty scenarios he's had to face back to back for almost 10 years? Hard enough taking over a job like Liverpool never mind underestimating all the barricades that have been put in front of his way, very much out of his control

You think if Klopp 2024 could've asked Klopp 2015 to plan his next 9 years in management, it would've panned out exactly how it has in regards to those 4 subjects?

Don't be so obtuse.

He wouldn’t need to be Nostradamus to predict he’s going to have refs make decisions that don’t go his way, players are going to get injured and members of the press are going to ask stupid questions.

Even fucking Bluebell reminds us constantly that the world could see if we didn’t buy 4 billion players each year we were going to struggle with injuries.

I’ll bet his 9 year plan didn’t involve the rest of the footballing world dropping their pants and spreading their cheeks to make it easy for him.

Maybe he’s sick of knobhead fans trying to explain why inverted FB’s are shit and why he should’ve sold Mo Salah 3 years ago and played Trent on the RW.

Honestly it's pretty simple. He isn't walking away from the sport - he's taking a one year sabbatical as he's said.

Everyone has aspects of their job /life they don't enjoy. But he gets to do the job he loves for the majority of his day, every day. Working with players, coaches, planning and playing matches.

So those negative factors aren't a defining influence and driving him out or to retirement.
They are part and parcel of the sport. The whole package, and the energy he puts into the club every single day, has fatigued him. You can see it in his demeanour on and off the pitch.

We don't need to reinvent the wheel or come up with spurious scenarios, that in effect call him a liar. Just accept what this honest man has said.

We're never gonna really know but I personally don't suspect any kind of hidden reason or conspiracy and would take it at face value. He's done the job for a long time and has had enough.

I suspect some of the things mentioned probably did contribute, because that is what happens in any job - you get small things that irritate you and as time goes on, and you get generally more fed up, those small things become slightly bigger.

They probably did contribute in some way, but they’d be symptoms rather than cause, wouldn’t they.

Constant pressure, not getting much downtime, distance from your family, someone who seemingly lives off his emotions like him is absolutely going to run out of gas at some point.

But to contemplate he’s moving on because Matip has twanged his hammie again or Thiago’s hip has popped or some twatvwith a whistle has decided to let a few stray tackle on Mo Salah go by, or some twat from the Echo asking him about the price of eggs at the Glynn.

We may as well add other things that have annoyed him, fans singing his song, fans not making enough noise.

He looks fucking exhausted and run down - almost as if things like a COVID, mid season world cups, shortened preseason’s, fan expectations, you name it - there’s a billion things - but it’s likely to be things that aren’t normal or make the normal things more difficult to handle and it’s more than likely things that aren’t directly connected to the job and more about life in general.

They probably did contribute in some way, but they’d be symptoms rather than cause, wouldn’t they.

Constant pressure, not getting much downtime, distance from your family, someone who seemingly lives off his emotions like him is absolutely going to run out of gas at some point.

But to contemplate he’s moving on because Matip has twanged his hammie again or Thiago’s hip has popped or some twatvwith a whistle has decided to let a few stray tackle on Mo Salah go by, or some twat from the Echo asking him about the price of eggs at the Glynn.

We may as well add other things that have annoyed him, fans singing his song, fans not making enough noise.

He looks fucking exhausted and run down - almost as if things like a COVID, mid season world cups, shortened preseason’s, fan expectations, you name it - there’s a billion things - but it’s likely to be things that aren’t normal or make the normal things more difficult to handle and it’s more than likely things that aren’t directly connected to the job and more about life in general.

Yep, agree with all of that.

Fucking hell Farkie - it’s not as if there’s referees, press and injuries in Germany is there.

That’s kind saying that dealing with figures is the reason you’re given up accountancy, or a Chef because they are pussed off with pots and pans.

It's like saying that now, as an accountant, you have 1000 hours of mandatory training on a system you don't use and doesn't suit your needs but you can't explain that to hr because your small company was purchased by a large international one and no one has any idea what you do.

It's like saying you hate being a chef because the coke heads that run the restaurant group you are part of keep making you do social media promotion so now you are on local news at 6am when you finished service at midnight, making a burger, which your restaurant doesn't served. Oh, and they have raised prices in line with inflation all while reducing the quality of ingredients you could buy.

It's that sort of specific, annoying complaint that is absolutely part of a job that could be a minor annoyance when you've got the energy, but toward the end you just can't fucking deal with, but isn't the core job. Those things have increased in frequency massively for klopp here.

The reason we know klopp hates all the things being listed, immensely, is because he's bitched about them, sometimes endlessly. You think he doesn't do the carabao cup because of professional development? Ha!

Last edited:
It's like saying that now, as an accountant, you have 1000 hours of mandatory training on a system you don't use and doesn't suit your needs but you can't explain that to hr because your small company was purchased by a large international one and no one has any idea what you do.

It's like saying you hate being a chef because the coke heads that run the restaurant group you are part of keep making you do social media promotion so now you are on local news at 6am when you finished service at midnight, making a burger, which your restaurant doesn't served. Oh, and they have raised prices in line with inflation all while reducing the quality of ingredients you could buy.

It's that sort of specific, annoying complaint that is absolutely part of a job that could be a minor annoyance when you've got the energy, but toward the end you just can't fucking deal with, but isn't the core job. Those things have increased in frequency massively for klopp here.

The reason we know klopp hates all the things being listed, immensely, is because he's bitched about them, sometimes endlessly. You think he doesn't do the carabao cup because of professional development? Ha!

No Farkie its really not - because the accountant could move to another company where his skillset could be use in the same system or the chef could go and work for a group not owned by coke heads.

Klopp could manage your local primary school girls team and there’d still be refs making shit decisions & players getting injured - and likely journalists wanting to ask him a thousand stupid questions - there isn’t a football management job in the world doesn’t include those things - even playing fucking FIFA or fucking Football Manager you’ll have to deal with that shit.

So no - you’re talking out your hole on this one. Sorry.

Again, the fact they irritate him greatly may be symptomatic something else going on - but they’re not specific to him nor are going to be any different if he goes and manages elsewhere.

Do you think not being able to attend his mother’s funeral is likely to have impacted more than dodgy VAR calls or Thiago’s groin?

I’ll add to that - he became a Grandfather last year - just before preseason I think.

What do you reckon’s driving him more to quit LFC - a desire to spend time with his grand child or journalists asking about the early kickoffs?

I’ll add to that - he became a Grandfather last year - just before preseason I think.

What do you reckon’s driving him more to quit LFC - a desire to spend time with his grand child or journalists asking about the early kickoffs?
I think he thinks I'm missing my grandchild for this unnecessary shit?!

Honestly it's pretty simple. He isn't walking away from the sport - he's taking a one year sabbatical as he's said.

Everyone has aspects of their job /life they don't enjoy. But he gets to do the job he loves for the majority of his day, every day. Working with players, coaches, planning and playing matches.

So those negative factors aren't a defining influence and driving him out or to retirement.
They are part and parcel of the sport. The whole package, and the energy he puts into the club every single day, has fatigued him. You can see it in his demeanour on and off the pitch.

We don't need to reinvent the wheel or come up with spurious scenarios, that in effect call him a liar. Just accept what this honest man has said.
What would be intresting is "If" we could ask him "IF" after that year subabbatical he would be open to returning as the Liverpool manager again

I think he thinks I'm missing my grandchild for this unnecessary shit?!

Which is my point - it’s the grandchild that makes the difference, not the unnecessary shit which is part and parcel of the job and will continue if he ever decides to step back into a similar role.

No Farkie its really not - because the accountant could move to another company where his skillset could be use in the same system or the chef could go and work for a group not owned by coke heads.

Klopp could manage your local primary school girls team and there’d still be refs making shit decisions & players getting injured - and likely journalists wanting to ask him a thousand stupid questions - there isn’t a football management job in the world doesn’t include those things - even playing fucking FIFA or fucking Football Manager you’ll have to deal with that shit.

So no - you’re talking out your hole on this one. Sorry.

Again, the fact they irritate him greatly may be symptomatic something else going on - but they’re not specific to him nor are going to be any different if he goes and manages elsewhere.

Do you think not being able to attend his mother’s funeral is likely to have impacted more than dodgy VAR calls or Thiago’s groin?

First of all, no, the chef couldn't find a restaurant group that isn't owned by coke heads.

You're completely ignoring the fact that as you go upwards in this job, AND as time has passed, all the negatives of this job have increased. The game is so different to when he started. The last few years have been a historical amount of fixture congestion.

Yeah, I don't think it's outlandish that the minor gripes of 8 years ago have worn thin now and are a bigger irritant. Time changes people and circumstances change. I don't think it's solely the sport that's making him quit; as you say Stevie, he's got grandkids now. It's more than likely everything and a re-evaluation of the enjoyment of it all. Does the 90 minutes and coaching the lads outweigh missing my family, dealing with the press, going on foreign tours, dealing with rich opposition etc etc? Probably not.

I'd rather a manager who realises there's more to football and walks away when he needs to, than someone clinging to the belief they can be the same forever.

He's made what? Close to $40M a year on average with us. And he's been here 9 years? I mean - would you keep managing at 58 or would you want to find a life for a little. It's also EXHAUSTING competing with City with less resources. You have to be firing on all cylinders. And after a while, what's the point.

He's left us in a great way. Super impressed.

He's made what? Close to $40M a year on average with us. And he's been here 9 years? I mean - would you keep managing at 58 or would you want to find a life for a little. It's also EXHAUSTING competing with City with less resources. You have to be firing on all cylinders. And after a while, what's the point.

He's left us in a great way. Super impressed.
Yep. Poor bugger is knackered. It's his own fault. If he were shit at his job and/or a cunt he'd get sacked fairly regularly and have time to recharge his batteries before the next gig like pretty much every other manager around.
I really don't want him to go, but I can see he needs to. He's that bird you pulled once, you knew you were punching way above your weight but you were good to her so she stuck with you for a bit, but it was never going to last. And it'll be shite when she's gone, but you'll have great memories and will always still dream she'll come back one day.

Yep. Poor bugger is knackered. It's his own fault. If he were shit at his job and/or a cunt he'd get sacked fairly regularly and have time to recharge his batteries before the next gig like pretty much every other manager around.
I really don't want him to go, but I can see he needs to. He's that bird you pulled once, you knew you were punching way above your weight but you were good to her so she stuck with you for a bit, but it was never going to last. And it'll be shite when she's gone, but you'll have great memories and will always still dream she'll come back one day.

Mate, You're taking this to a new level. Pamela from Boston, 1994 Level :ROFLMAO:

First of all, no, the chef couldn't find a restaurant group that isn't owned by coke heads.

You're completely ignoring the fact that as you go upwards in this job, AND as time has passed, all the negatives of this job have increased. The game is so different to when he started. The last few years have been a historical amount of fixture congestion.

It seems to be dawning on you slowly, but you’re getting there.

“Historical amount of fixture congestion” - ie something new.

You’re doing well here to provide reasons other than Refs, injuries, journalists and Man City - which is entirely proving my point that the things Binomial listed as being the reasons he’s leaving, are in fact, not the reasons he’s leaving.

It seems to be dawning on you slowly, but you’re getting there.

“Historical amount of fixture congestion” - ie something new.

You’re doing well here to provide reasons other than Refs, injuries, journalists and Man City - which is entirely proving my point that the things Binomial listed as being the reasons he’s leaving, are in fact, not the reasons he’s leaving.

I think he puts up with the shit around football because of football.

He himself has explained that his tank would be too empty to do the job properly in the only way he knows jow. We are all speculating as to what drains that tank, and what fills it, that's all any of us can do.

If you don't think any of the reasons listed contributed, I don't really give a fuck, but there's no reason to think it's ludicrous to hold the opinion I do, when klopp has told you in all manner of ways what fucking irritates him about football, about a thousand times now. Modern football is getting worse and worse, and if you don't think klopp hates it, you haven't been paying attention. I don't think he'd have gone forever either way;he knows how to live.

Last edited:
I think he puts up with the shit around football because of football.

He himself has explained that his tank would be too empty to do the job properly in the only way he knows jow. We are all speculating as to what drains that tank, and what fills it, that's all any of us can do.

If you don't think any of the reasons listed contributed, I don't really give a fuck, but there's no reason to think it's ludicrous to hold the opinion I do, when klopp has told you in all manner of ways what fucking irritates him about football, about a thousand times now. Modern football is getting worse and worse, and if you don't think klopp hates it, you haven't been paying attention. I don't think he'd have gone forever either way;he knows how to live.

I’m going to stop now as I’m sure it’s getting boring for everyone.

The point I’m making is not that any of these reasons haven’t contributed - there’s a big fucking difference between something relatively minor that affects every single manager that has managed in the game, past present and future, like injuries & Refs, that are irritating and stupidly claiming they are the main reasons for quitting - which is exactly what Binomial did.

I feel like apologising to you in case I’ve triggered some sort of memory of a shit personal situation you’ve had.

Possibly involving Coke Head restaurateurs.

I’m going to stop now as I’m sure it’s getting boring for everyone.

The point I’m making is not that any of these reasons haven’t contributed - there’s a big fucking difference between something relatively minor that affects every single manager that has managed in the game, past present and future, like injuries & Refs, that are irritating and stupidly claiming they are the main reasons for quitting - which is exactly what Binomial did.

I feel like apologising to you in case I’ve triggered some sort of memory of a shit personal situation you’ve had.

Possibly involving Coke Head restaurateurs.

I just had to interview a lot of chefs over the years, so I met that whole crowd.

The last set I interviewed before I quit doing food writing all together were recently sued by the labor department successfully for stealing tips, hundreds of thousands of dollars worth! I'm not puzzled as to what they were using the cash for, based on what I saw.

They were mostly all like that though. I'm not really saying all are, just the ones that would bother to meet some asshole who is interviewing their chef for some shit magazine so that they can convince them of how they invented everything and rape me with foodie buzz words.

I liked many things about the job, and hated a lot about it too. I think it would have been fun back in the day, when writing for newspapers was a way you could make a living, and you could have real local critics.

The actual chefs were great though.

This thread is being set up for a perfect off topic meandering about dodgy chefs, which, to be frank, would be far more enjoyable than two posters taking pot shots at each other over speculation of what might upset Klopp.

Goods and bads

Goods
Work done in increasing capacity and improving training facilities...
The appointment of Klopp
Good sustainable financial planning which didn't break FFP
On occasion they have spunked up the moola when needed

Bads
Unfair dismissal of Kenny ( debatable I understand but...)
Ticket prices increase ( granted it was reversed)
That horrific super mega league thing... whatever they called it...
On occasion they have seemed reluctant to spend when they really should have

I like the fact that we aren't a bunch of cheats... however much I wished we'd signed Bellingham etc etc..... they strike me as a safe pair of hands...

This thread is being set up for a perfect off topic meandering about dodgy chefs, which, to be frank, would be far more enjoyable than two posters taking pot shots at each other over speculation of what might upset Klopp.

Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom