• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Is Lucas in the top 20 CM's in the Premiership ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jürgen4PM

Well-Known
Would Lucas make into the top 20 CM's playing in the Prem?

Loads of posters on here have called for Adams and Hendo to be dropped, yet Lucas plays shite and his position in the side seems to be regarded as safe as houses.

Kenny made a huge fucking error by leaving us with Lucas as a first team player.

Worthy of a thread on it's own, rather than taking over the Everton thread.

My guess is no.

People seem to have taken for granted that he'll play regardless, because we don't really have anyone else who can play the DM role, if we bought one that would change obviously, but in the meantime, it's him or Spearing.

I don't mind Lucas but he's limited, let's fact it, I wouldn't mind Spearing getting a go when Lucas is (under) underpar, he shouldn't be guaranteed a place and if Spearing has been given a new deal then it's surely as backup/competition in the DM role.

Henderson has hardly played as a CM and, given his form and more importantly confidence he does not warrant a place at the moment. He sould be repkaced at RM so why the fuck he's all of a sudden in the CM conversation is odd, yet convenient. Adam should be dropped as soon as Stevie is fully fit or as part as a midfield three

Oh and I've said countless times that if we have better than Lucas available in the DM role we should play them. We don't though and it certainly isn't Spearing yet. Lucas is not the long term answer nor is he the complete shite he's made out to be by some of our 'fans'

So Henderson, Adam and Carroll are not good enough to be getting into our team right now.

I'm beginning to think we were better off last year. It's a pretty shit state of affairs.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405352#msg1405352 date=1317065396]
Oh and I've said countless times that if we have better than Lucas available in the DM role we should play them. We don't though and it certainly isn't Spearing yet. Lucas is not the long term answer nor is he the complete shite he's made out to be by some of our 'fans'
[/quote]

Gerrard can play DM.

Lucas dropped.

Team improved massively.

[quote author=motey22 link=topic=47011.msg1405356#msg1405356 date=1317065512]
Some fucking spastics on here fair play.
[/quote] :eek:

[quote author=motey22 link=topic=47011.msg1405356#msg1405356 date=1317065512]
Some fucking spastics on here fair play.
[/quote]

Eh? Knock that shite on the head please

From where I was looking Lucas was lucky not to get sent off on Saturday and he gave another couple of effing stupid freekicks away simply by being too slow to react.

He does my fucking head in. I don't know about top twenty but if we had threw every name of every CM in the prem in a hat and had to keep what we won I'd take my chances to offload this pile of shit.

If we havn't got a DM of note, then why should we automatically play one?

It doesn't have to be simply a question of Lucas or Spearing

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47011.msg1405360#msg1405360 date=1317065633]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405352#msg1405352 date=1317065396]
[/quote]

Gerrard can play DM.

Lucas dropped.

Team improved massively.
[/quote]

He's better than Lucas as a player but that doesn't mean he'll make a better DM, I'm not saying he can't but his natural instinct usually sees him leaving holes everywhere when he's given a role in centre mid without the cover of a natural DM. I can't see him just sitting and playing the role, especially you consider he'll be playing alongside players inferior to him going forward anyway.

[quote author=Buddha link=topic=47011.msg1405376#msg1405376 date=1317066135]
His opta stats would suggest he's somewhere near top 5 (I'm guessing a bit).
[/quote]

His opta '2 yards sideways passing' stats?

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47011.msg1405368#msg1405368 date=1317065873]

[/quote]

True. Have I nit said today the Stevie/Adam partnership should be tried when possible ? Cant play that with a DM . Suggesting SG as DM is well short sighted. You'd sacrifice one of best CM/AM in the world to play as a DM because he could do a better job? Play him at RB then. Or center half. He could do a better job than Carroll at the moment up front

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47011.msg1405365#msg1405365 date=1317065841]
From where I was looking Lucas was lucky not to get sent off on Saturday and he gave another couple of effing stupid freekicks away simply by being too slow to react.

He does my fucking head in. I don't know about top twenty but if we had threw every name of every CM in the prem in a hat and had to keep what we won I'd take my chances to offload this pile of shit.
[/quote]

No idea where you were sitting then

[/quote]

The problem with a lot of stats is they count things that have no bearing on whether you win a game or not. Some things directly correlate with winning, others don't.

Lucas generally does well in categories that have no bearing on whether you win a game or not. He does poorly in ones that matter.

[quote author=motey22 link=topic=47011.msg1405370#msg1405370 date=1317065926]
Nothing like `fans` getting behind their team
[/quote]

haha, welcome to the site

its like a pessimistic rawk

Parker
Wilshere
Sandro
tiote
Carrick
Anderson
Lampard
Barry
De Jong
Yaya
Fellaini
Rodwell
Barkley (?)
McCarthy
Ramsey
Song
Ramires
Mikel
Frimpong (?)
Huddlestone
Barton (?)
Modric
Diaby

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405378#msg1405378 date=1317066225]

[/quote]

True. Have I nit said today the Stevie/Adam partnership should be tried when possible ? Cant play that with a DM . Suggesting SG as DM is well short sighted. You'd sacrifice one of best CM/AM in the world to play as a DM because he could do a better job? Play him at RB then. Or center half. He could do a better job than Carroll at the moment up front

[/quote]

We don't actually need a designated DM. Just play two good midfielders and we're already better.

We're not good so good that we can't improve by simply getting weak players out of the team.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47011.msg1405380#msg1405380 date=1317066337]
[/quote]

The problem with a lot of stats is they count things that have no bearing on whether you win a game or not. Some things directly correlate with winning, others don't.

Lucas generally does well in categories that have no bearing on whether you win a game or not. He does poorly in ones that matter.
[/quote]

tbf, it's really hard to keep track of how many players bypass him.

Oh and don't let stats get in the way. Whereas the interpretation of them can differ they are somewhat based in fact. But lets not let that get in the way of a good slagging off for one of our players shall we ? Yeh, he's a cunt and shite. Just not as big a cunt as some the fans we have or as full of shite

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47011.msg1405386#msg1405386 date=1317066537]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405378#msg1405378 date=1317066225]

[/quote]

[/quote]

We don't actually need a designated DM. Just play two good midfielders and we're already better.

[/quote]

Have I not just said that though ? Whether we have two good midfielders though is debatable. I count one I consider 'good' and by that I mean class

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=47011.msg1405388#msg1405388 date=1317066574]
Oh and don't let stats get in the way. Whereas the interpretation of them can differ they are somewhat based in fact. But lets not let that get in the way of a good slagging off for one of our players shall we ? Yeh, he's a cunt and shite. Just not as big a cunt as some the fans we have or as full of shite
[/quote]

Sunny if Opta produced a stat that showed Joe Cole did the most keepy uppies over the course of the season would you make some sort of argument for him to be included in the team ?

a ludicrious example maybe, but it illustrates the point. Just because it can be counted doesn't mean it's relevant to whether we win or not.

I'd have to see the highlights but who gave away that fucking stupid freekick on the edge of the box very soon after Lucas had just been booked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom