• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

I dont understand Bowl Games. Why are the teams invited to play? If so, what's the point of playing the 'regular season'?

All bowls have conference hook his if some type. Some are more stringent than others. With the BCS bowls there are criteria for qualification which gives the bowl organisers a little leeway. Hence the selection of VA Tech over a Boise team who beat them in their own back garden last year.

To some degree it's a cartel for the AQ conferences though. None of the non-AQ teams this year earned themselves a guaranteed spot (you have to be a conference champion and ranked a certain place in the polls - Boise were ranked high enough but lost their conference to TCU, who weren't ranked high enough) so couldn't 'force' the BCS to take them. Which a joke considering the Big East get an AQ spot and yet their highest ranked team was West Virginia at like 23 (the Mountain West had two teams higher than that). It's not the first time Boise have been jumped for a 'bigger' team either, but recently the non-AQ teams have done very well in the BCS games. Utah won, Boise have won two (including probably the greatest bowl game ever against Oklahoma) and last year TCU won the Rose Bowl. Their continued hosing at the expense of so called 'big market' teams is a disgrace.

Re: Re: Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46797.msg1#msg1 date=1323044013]
How casual a kick was that from Bailey to try and win it? Bizarre.

Headed for overtime.

By the way, as a casual NFL observer, this thread has been really enlightening. I've enjoyed going through it quote a lot. MC - would you do me a favor and rate the QB's from hero to zero? I'm interested to see how you'd rank em. Cheers.
[/quote]

I think there's a QB discussion a few pages back. Basic hierarchy is Rodgers, Brady, Manning at the top. Big Ben, Brees, Manning The Lesser, Rivers just below, then the likes of Cutler and Romo. Good young uns like Stafford, Ryan, Flacco on the rise. Sanchez is more suspect. Rookies like Newton and Dalton need a few years but look great. And Tebow has his own scale that leads to Ascension.

And on a sidenote, how good was TJ Yates last night? Really impressive first start in the circumstances.

Ryan - I think schwartz gives them some leeway as they're trying to turn the culture around. The problem being there doesn't seem to be muh consequence to them when they go too far.

[quote author=MC Golgotha link=topic=46797.msg1438008#msg1438008 date=1323081166]
[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46797.msg1#msg1 date=1323044013]
How casual a kick was that from Bailey to try and win it? Bizarre.

Headed for overtime.

By the way, as a casual NFL observer, this thread has been really enlightening. I've enjoyed going through it quote a lot. MC - would you do me a favor and rate the QB's from hero to zero? I'm interested to see how you'd rank em. Cheers.
[/quote]

I think there's a QB discussion a few pages back. Basic hierarchy is Rodgers, Brady, Manning at the top. Big Ben, Brees, Manning The Lesser, Rivers just below, then the likes of Cutler and Romo. Good young uns like Stafford, Ryan, Flacco on the rise. Sanchez is more suspect. Rookies like Newton and Dalton need a few years but look great. And Tebow has his own scale that leads to Ascension.

And on a sidenote, how good was TJ Yates last night? Really impressive first start in the circumstances.
[/quote]

Cheers for that.

I'm going to see the Broncos in a few weeks time actually, and am very much looking forward to a better glimpse at TT. He looks the fucking ticket.

George - would you put it down to them being a young, overly keen side?

Very much so. They have some great talent, but still don't have the experience to compete with the big boys. And the big boys are playing on that, forcing silly mental errors out of them.

I think they are taking the personality of their coach, sore loser.

Schwartz chased another coach off the field acting like he wanted to fight earlier this year just because he celebrated a victory. But in every Detroit win, he comes with a completely over the top celebration.

Jim Schwartz is dish it out but can't take it guy, and the team is starting to take that personality on as well.

Thanks Oncy.

To be honest, I've been a fan for years. Since living in 'the D' many years ago and going to Ford Field to watch them getting humiliated on a regular basis.

I'm just nowhere across the nuances of the game, and have no idea what you guys are talking about in this thread half the time so I tend to spare myself the embarassment of posting in here.

I feel edumacated having read this thread though. Good work y'all.

Very good documentary on ESPN last night about Derek's favorite person, Todd Marinovich.

It was very good.

MC - what are your thoughts on James Harrison? It seems he purposefully looks to try and kill players ... Is he that much of a fucking cunt, or he just 'targeted'?

The hit on Colt McCoy was fucking savage, and it's not his first. Although I can sympathize with the desire to bury any Texas signal caller.

I'd say if we're suspending Suh for his nonsense, then Harrison deserves at least the same. I mean, Suh's mostly just fucking about. Harrison is going to put someone in a chair.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=46797.msg1441869#msg1441869 date=1323636091]
MC - what are your thoughts on James Harrison? It seems he purposefully looks to try and kill players ... Is he that much of a fucking cunt, or he just 'targeted'?
[/quote]

My thought:

If he hits a Roethlisberger or a McNabb like that its not that big a deal. Sure it was late, but it looks all the worse cos McCoy is built like a budgies hard-on.

I don't know why they're bothering to try and move it upfiwld here, this lad from the Brocnos looks like he could kick it over from fucking fucking Vail.

Somebody needs to tell Rob Ryan that the purpose of a blitz is to put pressure on the quarterback.

That and safety help is no good if it is thirty yards in the wrong fucking direction.

And I am sick of hearing about how great of a passer rating Romo has in the fourth quarter. That overthrown ball to Austin just sums up his lack of clutch. He may be good some of the time or most of the time, but he is still not good enough.
'

Jason Pierre Paul so very nearly committed to play at my alma mater, the University of Nebraska but instead wound up at USF. Could you imagine he and Suh lining up next to one another in 2009? Would have been a devestating duo in the college game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Cowboys are a 0.5000 team ... and have been all year long. I've forgotten how many times they've given up leads in the 4th quarter (Pats? Jets? Giants? etc etc). They need 2-3 defensive additions to become a decent team.

Jesus. Faced with the prospect of watching the Lions in the playoffs, or watching us play in January with Hanie, I'm not sure what I prefer. And the only other realistic option is Dallas. It's some sort of nightmare. COME ON YOU CARDINALS!

Back
Top Bottom