• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

Congrats to the Giants. A great team and Eli has now surely shut up the doubters...

But, fuck it, that sucked - It's very hard to lose 2 in 4 years to those guys, when we should have won them both... In '07, a fucking circus catch from a bloke who's so good he's now working at Home Depot, and then yesterday, Wes Welker had the fucking trophy in his hands with about 4 minutes to go, and he dropped it... Give him 99 more passes like that, and he'll come down with every fucking one of them.

Oh well - A decent WR in free agency (and there are some out there this summer) and then a decent draft on defense (a pass rusher and CB's would be nice), and this team is back and even better.

Here's to a nice LFC win over Spurs today to take my mind off the coulda-shoulda-woulda's...

I enjoyed that game last night, I thought it was good.
Im happy the giants won as I really dont like the all American American.
And I must say that Eli looks one of the best nowadays and his ability in the two minute drill is excellent.
I cant think of many id want more needing a TD to win in the last two minutes.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46797.msg1478229#msg1478229 date=1328554960]
I enjoyed that game last night, I thought it was good.
Im happy the giants won as I really dont like the all American American.
And I must say that Eli looks one of the best nowadays and his ability in the two minute drill is excellent.
I cant think of many id want more needing a TD to win in the last two minutes.
[/quote]

His performances in the pressure situations this season have been exceptional; fourth quarter unmatched and, as you say, the ability to do it in the last 2 minutes is incredible. He did it 7 games ago and he finished it in the big one.

I used to think that it must be an incredible ability to mask his feelings or something; I remember people asking McEnroe, Wilander, Ronaldo, Gerrard ...... just the best players in some of the big sports as to whether they were nervous at match point down or with a pen in injury time to win it or bases loaded and two on the bench. The answer every time is always "of course I was nervous - you just got to try and control it".

Eli doesn't look remotely nervous and, listening to his team mates, he doesn't actually feel nervous; like he's in another realm were he doesn't recognize there's anything riding on his performance.

This one felt better than '07 IMO. That one was slightly tainted by the "flukish" catch on the helmet. This one was just pure excellence; the catch to get the final drive moving is folklore and headed to legend status.

Welker probably does feel bad; he said he's let the team down but, tbh, I thought Brady let him down with the throw - wrong side and behind him. If anything I thought the one he dropped in the final drive was what killed them; that one should have been caught and the drop really meant they had to go for Mary far too early.

Farky - I don't know how you couldn't have thought that was a ripper; as NFL games go that was up there with the best. Brady's 10/10 drive for a TD, Eli with ice in his veins, the effort from both defenses, JPP's pure athleticism on full display, Manningham's catch and the drama of Welker's drop which really could have iced the game. Had about everything IMO.

Ben Roethlisburger said of the game winning 2 minute drill drive in '08 that as soon as they were in no huddle he forgot he was at the superbowl. Amazing.

As was Santonio in the far corner.

Back
Top Bottom