• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Its back baby!!! Superbowl BABY!!

I think I bigged up the Giants (albeit not all the way to the Super Bowl), can't remember about the Pats.

I defintely didn't big up Tampa Bay though ;)

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=46797.msg1474208#msg1474208 date=1328016275]
I think I bigged up the Giants (albeit not all the way to the Super Bowl), can't remember about the Pats.

I defintely didn't big up Tampa Bay though ;)
[/quote]Looked good when they won their first 4 games.
Still Ive picked the winners ay?
That said I wasnt the Giants to win.

As a Jets fan, I'll be rooting for the Pats!

Last edited by a moderator:
Everything points to the Giants. Everything. Current form, QB play, Defensive strength... All of it.

Which is why the Pats will win. I can't see Billichek and Brady losing to the same team twice in three months.

I'm pulling for the Pats because of a good friend who lives in the Boston area and supports them lukewarmly.

[size=6pt]Should still have been my Saints there though.[/size]

I hate the Giants. And as Whads said, everything points to them (as it has the WHOLE fucking postseason yet again) - so I'm pissed, b/c they'll be jabbering non-stop come Sunday night if they get their 4th. On that note, I hope the Patriots will cream them and let them beat their own record of worst Super Bowl loss by an NFC team. However, it won't happen. :(

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Running back Curtis Martin and four linemen were elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame on Saturday, along with one senior committee choice.

Martin is the fourth-leading rusher in NFL history. He is joined by Chris Doleman, Cortez Kennedy, Willie Roaf, Dermontti Dawson, and senior selection Jack Butler.

Jerome Bettis, Cris Carter and Bill Parcells were among the finalist who didn't make it.

A panel of 44 media members voted. The inductions are in early August in Canton, Ohio.

Martin made it for his consistency and durability, rushing for 14,101 and 90 touchdowns. He rushed for at least 1,000 yards in each of his first 10 seasons, the first three with New England and the others with the Jets. The 1995 Offensive Rookie of the Year, Martin won the NFL rushing title in 2004 with 1,697 yards.

Doleman and Kennedy were sackmasters from the defensive line, Doleman at end and Kennedy at tackle.

Doleman had 150 1/2 sacks in his 15 seasons, mostly with Minnesota, and was one of the prototype agile yet powerful pass rushers who dominate the game today. He made the Pro Bowl eight times and was fourth on the sacks list when he retired.

Kennedy was a force inside, both as a run stopper and in threatening quarterbacks. The 1992 Defensive Player of the Year made eight Pro Bowls, had 58 sacks - an unusually high total for a tackle - and spent his entire 11-season career with Seattle.

Roaf spent one season at right tackle, then the rest of his 13 seasons on the left side, making 11 Pro Bowls. He made the All-Decade team for the 1990s.

Dawson made seven Pro Bowls as the Steelers' center, that rare snapper who also could block defensive players one on one. He replaced a Hall of Famer, Mike Webster, and started for Pittsburgh for most of his 13 pro seasons.

Butler also played for the Steelers as a cornerback from 1951-59, picking off 52 passes, at the time second most in NFL history. But he was best known for his tackling skills.

Guard Will Shields didn't get in - the only first-year eligible player to make the 15-man finals. Shields started all but one of the 224 games in his 14 seasons in Kansas City.

Bettis also fell short. He was the 1993 Offensive Rookie of the Year with the Rams who retired in 2006 after winning his only Super Bowl with the Steelers. He is the NFL's No. 5 career rusher.

Parcells coached the Giants to Super Bowl titles in the 1987 and 1991 games and also lost the 1997 Super Bowl with New England. He coached the New York Jets and Dallas Cowboys, too.

Carter is the No. 4 career receiver with 1,101 in 16 seasons with three teams.

Others not voted in were receivers Tim Brown and Andre Reed, defensive end/linebackers Kevin Greene and Charles Haley, defensive back Aeneas Williams, and former 49ers owner Ed DeBartolo Jr.

The other senior finalist, guard Dick Stanfel, was not chosen, either.

No Tuna :eek:

This time last year I watched the superbowl on the deck of a disney cruise boat travelling out of LA to Mexico. Now I'll have to make-do with Mark Chapman on BBC. :'(

[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=46797.msg1477236#msg1477236 date=1328403282]
No Tim Brown? No Charles Haley? That's a fucking joke.
[/quote]

I can't see them getting in next year either looking at the list of first-year candidates.

Larry Allen
Michael Strahan
Jonathan Ogden
Warren Sapp
Steve McNair
John Lynch
Bryant Young
Morten Andersen

Lets go Giants, Lets go! Come on Eli and JPP, the stars need to set the tone for this game. DL needs to be ferocious.

[quote author=ricobats link=topic=46797.msg1477297#msg1477297 date=1328437869]
[quote author=Whaddapie link=topic=46797.msg1477236#msg1477236 date=1328403282]
No Tim Brown? No Charles Haley? That's a fucking joke.
[/quote]

I can't see them getting in next year either looking at the list of first-year candidates.

Larry Allen
Michael Strahan
Jonathan Ogden
Warren Sapp
Steve McNair
John Lynch
Bryant Young
Morten Andersen
[/quote]

I've outlined above the players out of that list who deserve induction as much as Charles Haley and Tim Brown.

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=46797.msg1477717#msg1477717 date=1328467426]
Come on Pats. Hate Eli Manning, overrated.
[/quote]

So few people rated him until this year and even now it is very lukewarm. There is no way for him to be overrated. Even if you don't think he is good.

He's good. Very, very good. No question. Anybody who doesn't give him that is just blinkered beyond reason...

I am blessed to have watched every minute of Eli Manning's career and see how much he has matured.

That was a pretty shit game, I'm not sure what you or anyone else is going on about.

It was largely defined by an error, and neither team looked impressive.

Hours of my life I'll never get back, like most superbowls.

I always remember Eli Manning's on-field interview after their win a few yrs ago . Considering how tight a game it was they asked what was going through his head when they had the ball with 02:30 or so to go and needing to drive the field . I guess lots would say they weren't hopeful etc but he just said it was exactly what you want , what you train for , ball in your possesion and control , just believe in yourself and do it . Always stood out as a great example of winning sports psychology ....too often in sport people fear the oposition , worry about what they can do rather then what you can.

I feel really sorry for Tom Brady, i hope Giselle makes him a nice cup of tea when they get home to their mansion in his Ferrari. Poor bloke. >:(

[quote author=Mr_V link=topic=46797.msg1477717#msg1477717 date=1328467426]
Come on Pats. Hate Eli Manning, overrated.
[/quote]

Look how that worked out for you.

Eli fucking roolz.

Back
Top Bottom