• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

"It's complicated"? -- No it isn't, fuck off Barca - £113 Million bid rejected

He'll go and the sunshine brigade will search frantically for a silver lining.
There really isn't one, when you're a selling club run by owners who want to sustain income, rather than be ambitious and spend to compete. The only way we've spent massively under them is when we've sold players. It'll be the same with Mane next.

All based on the premise that he'll be sold and I'm still not convinced Coutinho will go this summer.

But ultimately it's the reality of the food chain. Until we get billionaire owners, we'll always be susceptible to richer clubs nabbing our better players.

And moaning at FSG for not having enough money is a pretty fucking futile exercise.

Fuck you...why aren't you richer???!!!

Well the problem there is that we also need some form of success in order to keep revenue's up. If we sell our best players that is obviously going to be impossible.
We had Suarez (sold) and Gerrard until quite recently, much better players than anyone we have now. But we're back in the CL now.

And moaning at FSG for not having enough money is a pretty fucking futile exercise.

They're plenty rich. Problem is they're awful at opening the purse strings on actual quality

All based on the premise that he'll be sold and I'm still not convinced Coutinho will go this summer.

But ultimately it's the reality of the food chain. Until we get billionaire owners, we'll always be susceptible to richer clubs nabbing our better players.

I dont think he'll be sold. Thats got nothing to do with the "sunshine brigade". Its more FSGs statement and Klopps comments.
No time for a replacment and FSG will get a backslash from the fans they wont recover from.

There are 3 weeks left of the transfer window.
I think We'll see us break our transfer record during those weeks, so I'll wait until then to judge our summer business.

I'm not in the FSG out camp yet either. I havent forgotten their insistance to get the club from H & G, building a new Main Stand and increasing the capacity, spending more than enough money to compete and not loading us with debt.
They arent billionaires but thats not a stick we can beat them with.
They should however have sorted out the footballing side of the management the second they took over the club. We've fucked about with the wrong people in charge and in important positions for to long.

All in all, not to bad. But that can change during these last few weeks of the window to something very negative.
I guess a lot of fans feel the same way. At least the ones I talk to over here.

They're plenty rich. Problem is they're awful at opening the purse strings on actual quality

Well, then, they've obviously got in mind what they want to spend on the club and probably won't budge from that. Still a futile exercise raging at them for not spending more, in that case. We all have our risk tolerances.

We need new owners if we want to hold onto our better players, then. It clearly won't happen under these ones.

According to some Sky Sports flog, Kaveh Solhekol, Coutinho doesn't want to play for Liverpool again.

Unless he's a complete cunt with no emotions towards manager and teammates he's worked with for years, I'd say statements like that are purely from his agent. He wants the move, the prick, but I doubt he wanted his name tarnished.

Coutinho is not a force of nature like a Suarez or a Gerrard (or even Torres in his rather brief prime) but he's a top class player and it hurts that he wants to leave.

I can dislike him for wanting to go but I can't really blame him on a professional level.

If (when) he does go, we will miss him.

Lets see if anyone else confirms the latest stories a part from Sky.
Kia pulling out all the stops to get a move this window. Not very surprising.

We will definitely miss him if he goes, but I agree that he's nowhere near the level of importance Suarez or Gerrard were for us.

I believe we will manage to replace him, but not in time for this transfer window.

If indeed he refuses to play for us again, I'd tell him he can either go now for £200M or play this season for us and then go for £120M.
If he still refuses to play, I'd tell him he can go next summer for £200M and practically not play or train in a world cup year. He will of course be heavily fined for refusing to play.

And this off course should be made clear to him in private and not in any announcement to the media.

So why sign a new contract six months ago if he knew he was leaving? Signing one without a clause gave all the power to the club. He can't down tools because he'll fuck up any move in a years time.

So why sign a new contract six months ago if he knew he was leaving? Signing one without a clause gave all the power to the club. He can't down tools because he'll fuck up any move in a years time.

That contract doesn't effect whether or not we let him move, it would only effect the fee they'd have to pay. So from his perspective he doesn't give a shit how much the other club is forced to pay for him, that is their problem, all he cares about is getting a pay rise for that year.

Why wouldn't he sign a contract? I'd love to leave my job, that wouldn't stop me taking a pay rise in the meantime.

Contracts don't mean much in football, it's basically; "x amount per week until the next window then we'll see what happens."

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Ah. For fuck sake put him back on the left wing if that is what all is about. He was happy then. Must be the running and pressing from central position that kills him.

It was reported that his wage rise wouldn't kick in till July. If he wanted to leave this summer what was the point in signing it?

He'll give a shit that no release clause was inserted. In February had the club been forced to have a £100 million release clause in it then he'd already been on his way. As there is no clause the club can keep saying fuck off to any club who comes in for him.

That's all well and good, but he can either stay at a club that will obviously not win anything, indeed with him being part of it and part of the blame for it.
Or, he can go to a team where he can win trophies, so it really doesn't matter of it's his fault or not that we have not won anything.
You can say what you just said about Gerrard too, he was also part of teams that have never won the title, that means he didn't deserve to have a league title to his name?

Well, the answer is to say you want to go to a team that will win things. That's it. Once you go on to suggest that you're too good for your current team and are not responsible in any way for its past failures, that's when you're inviting questions that you might not welcome the answers.

As for Gerrard, he's one of a very, very, small select group who probably could say they were unlucky to be in the team(s) that they were, but generally it's not all self-evident that a decent player is so much more deserving than any of his teammates and would thus merit going to another team that is already capable of winning without him.

Have a look at Leicester's winning team.

I'd say one could make a case for many Liverpool players, who didn't win the league, doing well enough individually to have deserved having a league title to their name. As there were a few individuals in the 60s, 70s and 80s who, as individuals, arguably didn't deserve to have a league title to their name. But it's a team game, and it's quite a claim that you are responsible for anything good that the team achieves but were not responsible for anything bad. Is Coutinho really that good? I don't think so. He's had one good season after several infuriatingly inconsistent ones, and even last season there were several games in which he signally failed to prove himself to be the match winner he now seems to think he is. I guess all of his teammates failed him.

And maybe you and your mate Mark don't care about mutual respect but I do. Personal ambition's fine, but cut out the other crap about how teammates have let you down.

Last edited:

I don't think that's really the full story Oliver, when you consider turnover and how well we are branded, etc. It's not really a case of "why aren't you richer?" We're spending well within our means.

I think we are more or less agree on here his value today is around the £120M mark. Given that, and the fact there is no buyout clause, and the fuckers are trying to get him while tied down to a new 5 year contract, then we should be telling the fuckers the price is the full £120M up front, with £20M in add ons over the next 3 years or go and do one.

I don't think that's really the full story Oliver, when you consider turnover and how well we are branded, etc. It's not really a case of "why aren't you richer?" We're spending well within our means.

Yeah, if they are actually taking money out of the club, then that's frustrating and annoying. If they aren't, then I can't complain.

Wonder what Couth do now. He makes money from the contract, but he probably have other sponsors as well. How will they react to this kind of behaviour that in worst case leads to loosing out of world cup.

I think we are more or less agree on here his value today is around the £120M mark. Given that, and the fact there is no buyout clause, and the fuckers are trying to get him while tied down to a new 5 year contract, then we should be telling the fuckers the price is the full £120M up front, with £20M in add ons over the next 3 years or go and do one.

Where were you during the Parry years....? Er desperately needed someone like you then :p

There is nothing new really Coutinho wanting to leave. In last 20 years we have sold pretty much every world class player we have had expect Gerrard. We are selling club.

Isn't Kia some super agent? It completely baffles me that he would advise Coutinho to down tools in a World Cup year to get his move.

Sure sit out the year and risk being unfit for the pinnacle of national team competitions... or worse be omitted altogether.

We couldn't be in a stronger position for this. Even Suarez realised it in his last season.

Back
Top Bottom