• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January/summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it'll be laughed at by fans of other clubs and the but of endless memes but van Djik is looking a top class CB and we should buy him.

In fact, fuck it, we should just buy Southampton FC. Take all their players, academy, scouts AND we'd have a nice little second summer stadium.

I've watched van Djik plenty of times already this season and he looks a decent CB, however there are still mistakes in him (as with every CB) and he's not Matip-level (for me). It seems with our own CBs we notice every minute misstep whereas when we have eyes on the new girl in town, teasing us with her long legs and mini-skirt, we just want to get into her knickers and don't notice the cheap makeup, unwashed hair and bad breath.

I've watched van Djik plenty of times already this season and he looks a decent CB, however there are still mistakes in him (as with every CB) and he's not Matip-level (for me). It seems with our own CBs we notice every minute misstep whereas when we have eyes on the new girl in town, teasing us with her long legs and mini-skirt, we just want to get into her knickers and don't notice the cheap makeup, unwashed hair and bad breath.

I agree to a point FF but he IS going to end of at a big club on a big wage and I'd rather it was us ahead of a Premier League rival. Plus it seems you're kind of underestimating / forgetting our defence is one of the worst, if not the worst, at the top end of the league. It's not like we're all set !

Van Djik has probably been the best CB in the league this season. Right up there with Matip.
He's got everything and it annoys me that we didnt sign him from Celtic.

He'll now cost three times that. Would still sign him though. A van Djik - Matip partnership could work for a long long time (both 25).

Last edited:
Pulisic already has 2 goals and 4 assists in the league, 2 more assists in the Champions League. Forget fighting for minutes or the starting spot, he's already becoming a key player for Dortmund – not bad for an 18-year-old.

You don't look at the mantlepiece when you are stoking the fire

Süle was once again brilliant for Hoffenheim.
Either him or Van Dijk would be great.

Pulisic already has 2 goals and 4 assists in the league, 2 more assists in the Champions League. Forget fighting for minutes or the starting spot, he's already becoming a key player for Dortmund – not bad for an 18-year-old.
He looks superb, and would be a perfect match for our team, he drives at players in a way similar to Mane, we need more of it. Its a pipe dream, but I'm hoping Klopp can persuade him somehow, why he'd leave though I don't know, hopefully he misses the English language.

I guess Klopp and co don't really rate Ojo's chances of breaking through in the near future then!

I'd like us to go after Tah or Sule if available as not convinced Lovren is the future, left back is fine with Milly so no need for immediate reinforcements but wouldn't mind seeing either Kolasniac or Ricardo Rodriguez signed in the near future. Midfield I think is ok we have options maybe in the summer strengthen that area with Dahoud or Paredes from Roma. Pulisic would be a great signing but doubt he'll be available in January, Inaki Williams I also really like plays similar to Mane as well so could go after him in Jan when Mane goes to the ACON.

Yarmolenko for me, direct replacement for Mane whilst he is at the ACON. Pacy, direct and a goalthreat. Can play in a front three. Oh and it would almightily piss off the bitters.

Let's make a inquiry for Luke Shaw :p

I don't think he's brace enough for a big club Man Utd.
We should take him off their hands for a free.

This is possibly the laziest description of a footballer I have ever seen.

Azmoun has been praised for his aerial ability, creativity, and bursts of acceleration.[51] He has been referred to as a young Zlatan Ibrahimović.[52] and has also been called the Iranian Messi by mainly British media.[

How can you be Zlatan and Messi?

His stats seem a bit crappy for a "forward"...

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th}2011–2013{/th}
{td}Sepahan{/td}
{td} 0{/td}
{td}(0){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2013–2016{/th}
{td}Rubin Kazan{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}(5){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2015–2016{/th}
{td}→ Rostov (loan){/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}(12){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2016–{/th}
{td}Rostov{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}(1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

This is possibly the laziest description of a footballer I have ever seen.

Azmoun has been praised for his aerial ability, creativity, and bursts of acceleration.[51] He has been referred to as a young Zlatan Ibrahimović.[52] and has also been called the Iranian Messi by mainly British media.[

How can you be Zlatan and Messi?
Assmoon though..

His stats seem a bit crappy for a "forward"...

[xtable=skin1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{th}2011–2013{/th}
{td}Sepahan{/td}
{td} 0{/td}
{td}(0){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2013–2016{/th}
{td}Rubin Kazan{/td}
{td}27{/td}
{td}(5){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2015–2016{/th}
{td}→ Rostov (loan){/td}
{td}35{/td}
{td}(12){/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{th}2016–{/th}
{td}Rostov{/td}
{td}11{/td}
{td}(1{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]
16 goals in 22 matches for Iran though.

Haven't seen him play before but not too worried about his goal scoring rate/record so far.

To be fair, the Russian Premier League is a pretty low scoring one - averages just 2.06 goals per game
http://www.soccervista.com/soccer_leagues_ordered_by_number_of_goals.php

Then, take into consideration he was played more on the wings/withdraw role while at Rubin Kazan (stated in article posted in the other thread) and was playing for FC Rostov - a side expected to be battling relegation but ending up almost "doing a Leicester" last season.

This season in the CL, he has scored against Atlético Madrid, Anderlecht and Ajax whereas creating an assist against PSV. Last season in the league, he scored against the typical top sides - CSKA Moscow, Zenit St. Petersburg, Lokomotiv Moscow, Dinamo Moscow etc. As for international goals, there were a couple against Korea, Iraq and Qatar, who are no minnows in this part of the world.

All the above despite being only 21 yrs old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom