• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January/summer targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
James Pearce in the Echo saying Liverpool have no intention of selling Sturridge. Certainly not in January anyway.

Ojo is back in training and is cover for Mane in January and Sturridge or Origi could step in as well.

All true, but would you bet our season on either of them effectively replacing Mane? Origi and Sturridge are both good, but they are not really wingers (Origi did play on the wing for Lille, but it was an unhappy time for him, same with Sturridge for Chelsea), Ojo is a winger, but very much unproven. I think unless Ojo steps up in a big way before January, Klopp will be looking to the market for reinforcements in that area.

Last edited:
Really impressive. I wonder if there is any chance of landing him in January since he's out of contract in June; Milner would have real competition.

There are a few decent free transfers available next summer.

Would love to sign Kolasinac. Could be a great addition to our defence.

Really impressive. I wonder if there is any chance of landing him in January since he's out of contract in June; Milner would have real competition.

Very good, good cross on him and he was forward an awful lot. Does he get caught out of position frequently?

Dont know how true this is:

Julian Brandt has a €12.5m transfer release clause in his contract, acc to German newspaper Express

His current contract is said to run until 2019, with a £10.75 million release clause set to be activated in 2018.
Brandt’s father and agent, Papa, has explained that while his son could extend his deal with Leverkusen, the “timing” of other offers could turn his attention in the future.
“Of course, there is interest, but there are no negotiations or preliminary talks with other clubs,” he said.
“Julian decides what he is doing. This is often a decision of the belly, in which timing also plays an important role.
We are always in touch with Bayer. I think that we’ll get together in the summer of 2017 at the latest to decide how to go on. I can understand that Leverkusen wants clarity.”

No way we're signing 4 players in January. Unless it's a "pay now get it in July" type of deal.

Also, Hector Who-rera?

Tah would be a great signing.

No way we're signing 4 players in January. Unless it's a "pay now get it in July" type of deal.

Also, Hector Who-rera?

Mexican winger plays for Porto. If I recall correctly was linked with us around 5-6 years back when he was still playing in Mexico

Also, Hector Who-rera?

Herrera - We were linked to him in the last 18 months I think.

Tah - yup, looks quality. Tah & Matip it is.

I think Borussia Monchungladbach's director of football has said there is zero chance that Dahoud will leave in January so we can probably knock him off the list too

I believe Hector Herrara is a winger
I think he can play right midfield but his usual position is more central. Was featuring quite extensively in the AMC role last season (not too sure about his role this season under Nuno though).

He apparently is.

Seems to be our Mané replacement.
But Porto is going to demand about £60 million. You know how Portuguese teams play the transfer game.
A 26 year old right winger who's scored a grand total of 18 goals throughout his career, I'll pass.

I think he can play right midfield but his usual position is more central. Was featuring quite extensively in the AMC role last season (not too sure about his role this season under Nuno though).

Yeah you are right. As per transfermarket, has predominately played as a CM & AM throughout his career, however this season he has played mostly as a RM and CM. None at the AM position

The Herrera link is a lazy one I guess as we were linked with him during the summer window aswell, before we signed Wijnaldum.
Can see us being interested in the other 3 mind.

This is possibly the laziest description of a footballer I have ever seen.

Azmoun has been praised for his aerial ability, creativity, and bursts of acceleration.[51] He has been referred to as a young Zlatan Ibrahimović.[52] and has also been called the Iranian Messi by mainly British media.[

How can you be Zlatan and Messi?

Be short and have a big nose.

Inter vs WBA in the Sakho race, apparently.

*sits back next to the fax machine and waits for the largest offer*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom