• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

January Transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.
These figures are bad ... dont like this..but we need someone ... we are still short.
I don't know if you remember Klopp's first transfer window, where he expressed his dismay out how the English viewed transfers. He said words to the effect; It's not easy just to bring a player in Jan window. First you pay over the odds 2)It will take time for him to adapt to the club philosophy c) what happens to the players you already have, how do you keep everyone happy, when you're bringing in even more competition

I don't know if you remember Klopp's first transfer window, where he expressed his dismay out how the English viewed transfers. He said words to the effect; It's not easy just to bring a player in Jan window. First you pay over the odds 2)It will take time for him to adapt to the club philosophy c) what happens to the players you already have, how do you keep everyone happy, when you're bringing in even more competition

Did he say this before he paid £75m for Van Dijk last January?

James Pearce: "The ECHO understands that Omur is not currently a target for Jurgen Klopp, who is unlikely to add to his squad during the January transfer window"

James Pearce: "The ECHO understands that Omur is not currently a target for Jurgen Klopp, who is unlikely to add to his squad during the January transfer window"

And with that, the January War Chest was slammed shut, and all further "transfer plotting" and "prepared bids" for targets have been suspended.

I see what you are saying. But neither Clyne or Solanke has featured at all this season. ..........
Despite being injured for most of the season Clyne has made 5 appearances for us (3 as sub., the record in the PL is 4 & 2) and just recently started at LB (ahead of Moreno) to relieve Robbo. He clearly was in Klopp's plans as both our backup RB and LB. However Klopp also made it plain that Clyne decided he wanted to leave. Numerous people think there is more to the story behind the scenes.

Despite being injured for most of the season Clyne has made 5 appearances for us (3 as sub., the record in the PL is 4 & 2) and just recently started at LB (ahead of Moreno) to relieve Robbo. He clearly was in Klopp's plans as both our backup RB and LB. However Klopp also made it plain that Clyne decided he wanted to leave. Numerous people think there is more to the story behind the scenes.
Hope he does really well for Bournemouth, and we're able to get north of £25m for him

I doubt that it was Klopp just moving a player on with Clyne. The player himself must have agitated for a move and, at 27, one can understand his need to be playing a lot more frequently.

I'd like another goal scorer to arrive this month, even if only on loan.

For those of you who remember our last Title, Kenny brought in a loan player who freshened up the attack and knocked in 7 league goals in 8 games to help secure the Championship. Twelve years later Houllier also gave his team a boost with the temporary signing of Anelka in January .

Why did he leave Rangers? He seemed to be doing well there initially.

Apparently he wasn't settling in Glasgow. It is quite an intense place if you're playing for the Old Firm, but the lad needs to toughen up. He was playing well.

I am sure we won't, but surely signing defensive cover has to be on the list? Very surprised if we aren't already planning summer moves in this area, tonight shows we should look at bringing that forward. We can clearly integrate them quickly if necessary, see VVD as somewhat freakish example.

LOL at the reference to Sessegnon being included in a deal for Origi rather than the other way round.

Why?

One has played 19 top flight games and scored two goals and hasn't played for his national side and is 18

The other has played 157 top flight games has scored 33 goals, has played 25 times and scored 3 goals for highest ranked team in the world.

One is 18 and has potential but little else yet, the other is 23 and has a very solid record.

It makes perfect sense that Sessegnon would be included in an Origi deal as opposed to the other way around.

How much do you think Sessegnon would cost?

Not sure, he hasn't impressed at all this season so I would imagine his value has dropped from say the tail end of the championship season.

If Solanke is worth 19m with barely kicking a ball then surely a 23 year Origi is worth at least double that.

15m plus sessegnon would be a good deal.

Origi has 18 months left on his contract.
Sessegnon is valued at atleast twice of Origi.

If Coutinho is on the move (to United) I guess Tottenham will lose Christian Eriksen to Barcelona, as he was the player they should've bought in the first place.. United would be strengthened but Spurs would then no longer be involved in the title race.

I think overall it would all be to our benefit short term at least, even though the outlook of having to watch lil Philippe in United's jersey would be some rather ugly scenery.

If Coutinho is on the move (to United) I guess Tottenham will lose Christian Eriksen to Barcelona, as he was the player they should've bought in the first place.. United would be strengthened but Spurs would then no longer be involved in the title race.

I think overall it would all be to our benefit short term at least, even though the outlook of having to watch lil Philippe in United's jersey would be some rather ugly scenery.

I actually agree - Coutinho was never going to really suit Barca's style. He's not an Iniesta type (who he was replacing) and Barca haven't played him much in the front 3 ... Eriksen would have been the ideal player imo for them (he's now being linked again to Barca, and also Madrid).

I doubt Coutinho will be going to Manure anyway ... especially a year after "my dream move to Barcelona"

Do we think there are any centre backs available for an emergency loan (e.g. 2 months)? Good CBs who aren't playing at the moment - although I guess that might be a bit risky if they are rusty.

Someone like Thomas Vermaelen? Or maybe someone who has played regularly a bit more recently..

Pepe currently has no club right? LOL

Real are being linked to Eriksen... so Coutinho can stay where he is.

Do we think there are any centre backs available for an emergency loan (e.g. 2 months)? Good CBs who aren't playing at the moment - although I guess that might be a bit risky if they are rusty.

Someone like Thomas Vermaelen? Or maybe someone who has played regularly a bit more recently..

Pepe currently has no club right? LOL

Ha fuck Pepe.

Cahill isn’t playing at all

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom