• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

John Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Terrier link=topic=40683.msg1124246#msg1124246 date=1277123022]
It's all too simple to shit on Terry, cause he's an easy target chav. Whilst it's not exactly smart to 'spill the beans' to the circling media vultures, he's got a point that it's also

England and the Player's World Cup too - and if the system is not working, something needs to be said.

The margin of error in these tournaments is so slim, without addressing problems immediately, chances are they will be heading home pretty sharp.

[/quote]

you're confused about this point. for liverpool the system, tactics and team selections were at fault. but england is different. don't let liverpool's season bias that fact. the reason england are struggling is because the players just aren't up to it.

yet john terry is so arraogant and deluded that he is unable to accept that. no, instead he choses to believe some ridiculous fantasy that the manager, the tactics, the fans the team selections, the traning regime is all at fault. and john terry is the hero and englands saviour trying to change the faulty system. don't make me puke. don't you realise what he is saying? john terry and his team cannot be at fault, it is rather the rest of the world that must be fault... which is a symptom of insanity isn't it.

capello is right about them having mental issues.

It's all too simple to shit on Terry, cause he's an easy target chav. Whilst it's not exactly smart to 'spill the beans' to the circling media vultures, he's got a point that it's also

England and the Player's World Cup too - and if the system is not working, something needs to be said.

The margin of error in these tournaments is so slim, without addressing problems immediately, chances are they will be heading home pretty sharp.

[/quote]

There are ways of addressing problems though. One is to show a bit of class and do things behind closed doors, the other is to be a cunt, like John Terry.

[quote author=rebel23 link=topic=40683.msg1124249#msg1124249 date=1277123475]
Barry at centre back and Terry on the bench hopefully

Capello has got to show who is boss.

[/quote]

Great idea. Cut your nose to spite your face.....

You do realize that England will likely be going out if they don't win?

[/quote]

Barry at centre back? Are you insane?

Actually, don't answer that question.

I'd have wanted Dawson in there, but I bet it'll be Upson, in which case one of our CBs will be Motormouth Terry, the other will be not good enough for international football IMO and they both prefer to play left-side CB, so one of them's going to have to play an unfamiliar role.

Oh, sugar.

[/quote]

Addressing them to the press and addressing them behind closed doors are completely different things and Terry knew that, it was more than just ill advised. To suggest that it is the "players" world cup is true but they wouldnt call it England duty if it wasn't just that. There are many many people at home who would happily swap places.

The damage to his ego over the fall out from his own adultery should not be used to derail the team mid tournament, that is not the action of a leader, leaders should not have self interest as their number 1 priority.

In doing what he has done he has shown everyone just what a piece of work he is, and lets not get to thinking this is some superstar player we are talking about, we are talking about a highly commited somewhat technically limited slowish centre back who has quite clearly lost a little bit of perspective.

His actions now have made Capello's position almost untenable.

Even if Capello was planning on going back to Rooney as a lone striker on Weds, if he does it now, it will look like he's succumbed to pressure by Terry.

If he resists to prove a point, then we could be stuck with an unhappy team who give up before they start (pathetic as that attitude would be).

The best thing Capello could do would be to swallow his pride, go 4-2-3-1 for the Slovenia game. If we win then great, if not, then hang Terry out to dry. Ideally, if we win, get all the way to the final, announce Terry is going to be captain, and then drop him.

Yeah, I must admit when I saw the video I couldn't really see what all the fuss was about. Maybe we're talking about two different interviews though. The print journalists are usually done separately from the TV and radio journalists, aren't they?

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=40683.msg1124363#msg1124363 date=1277141882]
As I understand it he did two or three separate interviews.
[/quote]

Yeah, it was reported like that this morning.

[quote author=TheBunnyman link=topic=40683.msg1124335#msg1124335 date=1277137072]
Or just drop Terry and win without him. Let the twat sit on the bench being 'a big personality'.

[/quote]

^This^

[quote author=kule link=topic=40683.msg1124346#msg1124346 date=1277138729]
No offence but did anyone actually hear what he said?

BBC Sport - Football - World Cup 2010: John Terry news conference in full

That article is absolutely shocking, total crap. I'm glad I don't read the papers...
[/quote]

it is not about what he said in that interview. he then done a separate interview to the written press where he said all the things they are talking about namely when he listed the 9 players he was chatting to ETC ETC

Now Capello is fighting back, why did he feel the need to do this. Hardly helping morale ETC

http://www.itv.com/sport/football/fifaworldcup/news/capellolaysdownthelawtoterry/#intcmp=783526_123_1

[/quote]

Oh FFS. Barry at CB? Are you fucking mad? Actually don't answer that.

If he decides not to play Terry, then he should at least play Upson or Dawson dependent who is not playing instead of Carrag...

Actually what's the point of trying to reason with you.

[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=40683.msg1124144#msg1124144 date=1277107815]
I pledge here and now, in front of my peers and the Lord almighty, that I will support England for the rest of the tournament if they send Terry home.
[/quote]

Tempting, but no deal.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40683.msg1124397#msg1124397 date=1277146840]
[quote author=doctor_mac link=topic=40683.msg1124144#msg1124144 date=1277107815]
I pledge here and now, in front of my peers and the Lord almighty, that I will support England for the rest of the tournament if they send Terry home.
[/quote]

Tempting, but no deal.
[/quote]

Not even if we apologise for the 800 years of rape and pillage?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40683.msg1124405#msg1124405 date=1277147134]
Throw in the famine too and we'll start talking
[/quote]

Was that our fault too? That Cromwell chap again?

Ok its fashionable to do deals with the Irish now so why not. I'll throw in the famine too.

XXL England top is in the post for Weds. We expect picture as part of the deal. Smiling is essential in the pictures or the deal is off!

It has worked in the past at Chelsea. We have a responsibility to ourselves, the manager and everyone else to voice an opinion and hope he takes it on board."
Football365

Arrogant twat .

You'd wonder whether he was using the royal "we", till you remember he's also as thick as a donkey's donger.

Welcome to the forum BTW.

Nice one . Good to be here . No right to any use of "we" mind . Not like he's captain ....

"This is the big mistake, this is the very big mistake," Capello told ITV1.

Clearly, Capello is incredulous that his authority should be challenged by a player - his captain until he stripped him of the honour in February over well-publicised personal issues - in a public forum.

"My door is always open. If people want to speak with me they can speak with me," added the Italian.

"Every time we have a meeting I ask the captain, problems? You want to say something? Never.

"Then I read yesterday that John Terry said this, I don't understand why he doesn't speak with me.

"When you speak you have to speak privately, not with the media.

"I think he is more disappointed. I know sometimes players want to speak more with you (the media) than with the other players.

"But the mistake is that you have to speak with the players, with me, with the dressing room."

It has already been suggested Terry was only acting in exactly the same manner he is used to at Chelsea.
Football365

Pity Capello didn't take his own advice though, isn't it?

What a mess this tournament has become. Just recall them and be done with it - disgraceful antics.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=40683.msg1124492#msg1124492 date=1277154964]
Pity Capello didn't take his own advice though, isn't it?

What a mess this tournament has become. Just recall them and be done with it - disgraceful antics.
[/quote]

have a little faith. if one of the players can score an individual wonder goal, then they'll get through. and in the knock out stages even a dumb cunt like john terry will realise england are underdogs and maybe like i was saying they will start to work harder

what really fucking infuriates me all season long we've had to watch a hugely talented liverpool team reduced to working hard and fucking wasting their talent.

and now, now a fucking shit england team do the fucking opposite, overestimate their talent and fail to work hard enough. its a fucking joke. fucking retarded cunt footballers and managers. all of them.

Fabio Capello has publicly slapped down his former captain John Terry, saying the Chelsea defender made "a very big mistake" in challenging his authority to the media.

In an interview with ITV, the England coach expressed his dismay that Terry had gone public with his dissatisfaction at the England set-up, saying: "I read yesterday John Terry said this and I don't understand why he didn't speak with me. When you speak, you have to speak privately. This is a very big mistake. The mistake is you have to speak with me, the players and the dressing room."

Capello poo-pooed talk of a rebellion – "there is no revolution; it's about the mistake of one player, no more" – while insisting that his door is always open to any player who wanted to take up concerns with him. "I spoke with some of the players and only John Terry said this. My door is open always. If you want to speak to me, you can."

However, he did hold out hope for Terry of retaining his place in the England set-up after the World Cup by offering him the chance to make amends against Slovenia on Wednesday. "I hope out of the big mistake can come a big performance," he said.

Capello admitted he may have a couple of unhappy members at England's Rustenburg base, but warned them: "You're at the World Cup, not on holiday."

Terry revealed he was unhappy at the way Capello has been guiding England through the tournament, feeling preparation, tactics and personnel have been wrong, while there has been little to alleviate the boredom.

Players tend to spend most afternoons with little to do, a problem Wayne Rooney hinted at last week, and after five weeks it appears patience in some quarters is at breaking point.

However, in silencing Terry, Capello proved he did not share the concerns and confirmed this afternoon that those who do not like it will have to lump it.

"Probably one or two are not happy but the majority are," Capello told the BBC. "One player is not so important compared to all the others. The group is more important. For this reason, it is no problem. We are here to play at the World Cup, not for a holiday."

Terry's thinly veiled attempt to press the claims of Joe Cole for a starting berth in Wednesday's do-or-die clash with Slovenia in Port Elizabeth were also dismissed, with Capello claiming Terry was not treating the other members of his squad with respect.

"If somebody wants to speak with me, he can speak. I always tell the players they can speak but yesterday nobody did," Capello said. "Joe Cole is one of 23 players who are here but, when we speak about one single player, you have to respect the other players that played before. That's the most important thing, the respect of the other players."

Terry cannot be used to being slapped down in quite such a brutal manner. After frequently referring to his experiences at Chelsea yesterday, he has suddenly found he does not have the same power, either with the captaincy or without, with England.

With Jamie Carragher suspended and Ledley King injured, Terry will anchor a defence in which he will be partnered by Matthew Upson. The West Ham defender started four qualifiers and also scored in the impressive friendly win over Germany in Berlin in November 2008.

Although Capello also has the uncapped Michael Dawson available, he will turn to Upson. "Upson will play because he played always with John Terry [for England]," Capello said.

Another of Terry's major bones of contention was Capello's post-match assertion that England were struggling because they were fearful of the pressure. It had Terry bristling with indignation.

However, 48 hours before a match he admits is one of the most important of his career, Capello is sticking to his guns. "It is a mental thing. When you are under pressure, big pressure, sometimes the legs do not work normally," he said. "It happened to me as a player but I think on Wednesday the team will be fit.

"After this game we have no more chances. We have to win," Capello said. "The results have not been good but I haven't seen the right spirit on the pitch for 90 minutes, only for five or six minutes. I hope in the next game the spirit I saw in qualification will return."

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40683.msg1124397#msg1124397 date=1277146840]
[/quote]

Tempting, but no deal.
[/quote]

to be fair I wouldn't have. Sorry God.

Sorry my peers.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=40683.msg1124565#msg1124565 date=1277161051]
Although Capello also has the uncapped Michael Dawson available, he will turn to Upson. "Upson will play because he played always with John Terry [for England]," Capello said.
[/quote]

So after Terry undermined the coach and his team, Capello still doesn't have the balls to sit him.

*cries*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom