• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

John Terry

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Rio and Carra were available to him, Terry wouldn't play.

He can't go into a win or bust game with Upson and Dawson as his centre back pairing. It would fuck with the rest of the team and the Terry issue would overshadow everything else.

The hope now has to be that we win and this gets put on the back burner for now.

[quote author=keniget link=topic=40683.msg1124574#msg1124574 date=1277164776]
If Rio and Carra were available to him, Terry wouldn't play.

He can't go into a win or bust game with Upson and Dawson as his centre back pairing. It would fuck with the rest of the team and the Terry issue would overshadow everything else.

The hope now has to be that we win and this gets put on the back burner for now.
[/quote]

^^ This.

Capello can't afford to be asserting dominance for the sake of it if his job is on the line.

Looks like the Chelsea loving rags are turning on Capello for his spat with their 'captain', there's "my way or the highway" headlines regards an issue with Rooney yesterday. Apparently Shrek wanted to stay behind for some extra shooting practice yesterday and was told no.

I must say, I gained some respect for Lampard in how he handled the press yesterday, in a pretty awkward position.

Lampard sometimes ships more stick than perhaps he deserves on here because of a perception (IMO justified) that, for all his excellence, he's ultimately a lesser all-round player than Stevie but has continued to be selected for England in the position Stevie should have occupied. He's still a fine player and has more between the ears than most of them, Stevie unfortunately included. I was also impressed with his handling of the whole thing, but TBH not surprised.

[quote author=SaintGeorge67 link=topic=40683.msg1124872#msg1124872 date=1277221413]
I reckon he'll drop terry after the world cup.
[/quote]

I reckon I we progress he will drop in the knock outs. I would love England to get the final and he is on the bench.

Richly deserved as that would be, I'm not sure Capello will go that far. It depends to some extent on how Upson (and Dawson if he gets a chance) might perform, but Capello IMO will be extremely reluctant to do without Terry's experience.

What he does after the WC will be interesting though, if he stays in the job. Again it depends to some extent on the form and fitness of the alternatives, but Saint could have a point there.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=40683.msg1124883#msg1124883 date=1277223675]
Richly deserved as that would be, I'm not sure Capello will go that far. It depends to some extent on how Upson (and Dawson if he gets a chance) might perform, but Capello IMO will be extremely reluctant to do without Terry's experience.

What he does after the WC will be interesting though, if he stays in the job. Again it depends to some extent on the form and fitness of the alternatives, but Saint could have a point there.
[/quote]

I don't know you know. Carra would be back from suspension, and we have seen him freeze big names out before. Beckham was a prime example at Madrid and to some extent Owen at Madrid tmto.

Well, we'll see. I'm not sure England would suffer if he did drop the slitty-eyed chav cnut, provided he put Dawson in and not Upson. It's just a question of whether Capello sees it that way too.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=40683.msg1124779#msg1124779 date=1277210532]
Lampard sometimes ships more stick than perhaps he deserves on here because of a perception (IMO justified) that, for all his excellence, he's ultimately a lesser all-round player than Stevie but has continued to be selected for England in the position Stevie should have occupied. He's still a fine player and has more between the ears than most of them, Stevie unfortunately included. I was also impressed with his handling of the whole thing, but TBH not surprised.
[/quote]

Entirely correct - and, not that its important, a pretty humble and quietly spoken guy in person.

Obv still a chelski fuckstick mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom