• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jones

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's always been very good. People didn't want to like him cos he looked and sounded like a twat, loads of fans were quick to jump on him for one misplaced pass because he looks like he was annoying people in his street on his BMX at four in the morning. In a very good midfield he's first pick. It's only injuries that have stopped him so far.
@Woland - I love you man !!!! your the best - please go to the admin and tell em - Moron's given me a 1M e-voucher of likes !!!

Endo back will allow Jones to venture forward with even more freedom. I am actually quite excited to see Endo - Macca - Jones as a trio.

It's worth a shot, obviously the best midfield needs a bit of the class that Trent or Szobo brings, but that midfield three is solid and great for pressing the opposition.

Endo Mac and Jones is the best we can hope for this weekend.

Won't happen like, but it'd be nice if it did

Won't happen like
Why do you say that? It’s the obvious choice. Mac and Jones are certainties, Endo was establishing himself as a regular before he left and has had more starts than either Grav or Harvey in the league.

If anything won’t happen it’s Gomez at RB with Trent moving in midfield.

Why do you say that? It’s the obvious choice. Mac and Jones are certainties, Endo was establishing himself as a regular before he left and has had more starts than either Grav or Harvey in the league.

If anything won’t happen it’s Gomez at RB with Trent moving in midfield.
Endo was establishing himself at a period where Macca was injured. I can whole heartedly see klopp either

1) continuing with Macca as the 6, meaning Jones and gravy as the 8s

2) bringing endo back, resting Macca, meaning Jones and gravy as the 8s

Klopp wants Macca as his 6, and he's done well there. This will persist

Endo was establishing himself at a period where Macca was injured. I can whole heartedly see klopp either

I wouldn't be so sure on Grav starting, especially after his recent showing. Don't count out a double pivot with Jones ahead of both.

I wouldn't be so sure on Grav starting, especially after his recent showing. Don't count out a double pivot with Jones ahead of both.
If Trent plays (which he probably will), there won't be a double pivot, as he's the double pivot with the 6.

Who knows though

The more I'm thinking about it and on the back of the last few posts, I reckon if Klopp plays Trent at right back, he will go with that solid three to help cover for him.

Reactions: dee
If Trent plays (which he probably will), there won't be a double pivot, as he's the double pivot with the 6.

Who knows though
I think Trent starts (especially now Bradley is still at home) but he'll be playing ahead of both Endo and Mac. That's my 2pence take anyway.

His comments aobut mac being able to play further forward makes me change my stance. He's surprised me there

The more I'm thinking about it and on the back of the last few posts, I reckon if Klopp plays Trent at right back, he will go with that solid three to help cover for him.
Nailed on I’d say. Hopefully Trent proper fit this week

Our best midfield is definitely Endo - Mac A - Jones at the minute until Slobbers comes back - then we can rotate a bit.

Gravy & Harvey can supply the main back up to the two 8’s, and we can swap things around if need be.

Poor The Elliott

Why does Klopp "want" Macca as his "6"?
He gone after the season anyway. Its not like establishing something anymore.

Last edited:
I personally like Macca a bit further forward, his tackling and recoveries alongside Jones will be powerful.

It’s not a new position for him.

Why does Klopp "want" Macca as his "8"?
He gone after the season anyway. Its not like establishing something anymore.
His 8 or 6? Long term I agree, it's irrelevant. Short term he clearly had a way he wants to play.

Hopefully now he realises he's off, he'll let endo dominate and give Macca freedom

His 8 or 6? Long term I agree, it's irrelevant. Short term he clearly had a way he wants to play.

Hopefully now he realises he's off, he'll let endo dominate and give Macca freedom
Sorry I meant "6"

Doesn't Gomez have the flu? Or is that another Modo wind up?

Anyway Tent, and Endo are back at the right time.
I personally like Macca a bit further forward, his tackling and recoveries alongside Jones will be powerful.

It’s not a new position for him.
And his dinks and through passes.

Great to see that people already love Jones, I think he will be even better. He had bad luck here and there with injuries. If he avoids injuries for this whole season and next season, Jones will be much better in the coming years, the lad has the right attitude be a game changing WC player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom