• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jordan Benderson

Haha, Krump isn't letting this go.

Benderson is better than Hendermong too.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47002.msg1404649#msg1404649 date=1316905443]
Is better than Ming and Dirk
[/quote]

Ming was unbelievably shit when moved out wide. He's going to have to improve anyways cause he's young, but most likely he is just out of form due to the big money move. He'll end up being much better than Dirk in the wide role, he's got a fantastic cross on him. His first half today showed glimpses.

In Henderson's defence, he's no right winger. Centre midfielder by trade and that's surely his long-term position.

He's not shit by any means, he has valuable attributes but i just don't think he does enough to warrant a starting place as things stand.

I can't for the life of me work out why they haven't been drilling it into him to be more direct , to grow a pair of balls and stop taking the easy option of stopping , knocking it inside or back to the fullback . I mean you can say it's a lack confidence but surely if he's ordered to be more direct then he'll have to be .

He's a neat and tidy footballer but so far he's looked out of his depth and doesn't offer nearly enough .

Krump - over the last two months you've lauded Andy Carroll and slaughtered Ashley Young, so you're in no position to take on a sarcastic tone.

Ryan - I need you to give me faith in Henderson. Most of the forum has turned on him and I have faith in him only b/c of what you wrote when we first signed him ... Can you please strengthen the believers before we all go to the Krump side?

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=47002.msg1404687#msg1404687 date=1316932408]
I think Henderson will work out all right eventually.
[/quote]

define 'all right' and 'eventually' ... key words there! :)

I don't know what Ryan's problem is. i already said he's better than Dirk and Ming. That's before you consider the lego hair

I think Benderson is part of an elaborate and ingenious plot to make us forget about how bad Lucas is.

[quote author=dmishra link=topic=47002.msg1404687#msg1404687 date=1316932408]
I think Henderson will work out all right eventually.
[/quote]

I agree but not as a right winger and not for about 12 months, he is a centre mid and right now I would have both Spearing and Shelvey ahead of him, he looks totally intimidated by playing for us, i think he needs a spell out of the spot light to get his head right. Gerrard coming back in should mean we are changing our formation and Henderson wont fit into it

I think we'll get 4 or 5 million for him off Sunderland in a year or two.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47002.msg1404706#msg1404706 date=1316937049]
I think we'll get 4 or 5 million for him off Sunderland in a year or two.
[/quote]

Cant say that hes been overly impressive so far but hes not a complete disaster either, he hasnt adapted well since the move and he clearly isnt cut out to playing wide on the right but I would be inclined to think he is one thats going to require a lot of patience before he starts to make an impact, I have very little expectation for him this season as he wont get much of a chance in his favoured position

So we've got this new kid who's keeping Kuyt out the side, Ming out of the squad!

Wow he must be really fast?

No.

Hmm, so he can he dribble well?

No.

So is he a hard and strong worker like Kuyt?

No.

So a small guy who plays it quick and accurate like Xavi, Fabregas etc?

No.

So what exactly is he?

Dunno

Kelly was left hopelessly exposed with Jarvis time and again yesterday. He got no protection from Henderson at all. Which is bizarre really because Henderson was nowhere to be seen when we were going forward either. £50 million on him and Andy Carroll.

*sobs*

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47002.msg1404714#msg1404714 date=1316938594]
So we've got this new kid who's keeping Kuyt out the side, Ming out of the squad!

No.

No.

No.

No.

So what exactly is he?

Dunno
[/quote]

love this post.

The problem is Krump's post can be applied pretty easily to far too many in the squad.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404755#msg1404755 date=1316948848]
The problem is Krump's post can be applied pretty easily to far too many in the squad.
[/quote]

maybe, but we are moving in the right direction and we are still hanging on the coat tails of the manchester teams. gerrard (seems) back so that will automatically make us stronger.
as for henderson, I think the problem is one of confidence rather than ability, he is playing it back and square because he is terrified of making a mistake, he is young and you'd hope he will grow more confident over time.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47002.msg1404714#msg1404714 date=1316938594]

No.

No.

No.

No.

So what exactly is he?

Dunno
[/quote]

Because he's transferred?

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47002.msg1404757#msg1404757 date=1316949150]
[/quote]

maybe, but we are moving in the right direction and we are still hanging on the coat tails of the manchester teams. gerrard (seems) back so that will automatically make us stronger.
as for henderson, I think the problem is one of confidence rather than ability, he is playing it back and square because he is terrified of making a mistake, he is young and you'd hope he will grow more confident over time.
[/quote]

Are we really moving in the right direction ?

It looks like we spent loads of money on shit players again

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404763#msg1404763 date=1316950224]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=47002.msg1404757#msg1404757 date=1316949150]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You me both are agreed that the Henderson money could have been better spent on a key attacker that could have made the difference, no arguments there. And Carroll was a panic buy that was grossly overpriced. I think the rest are good players (Suarez obv, Downing, Enrique and Adam). Adam has his flaws, I didn't think he was nearly as bad as many have made out yesterday, but he does seem to have stamina issues, Danny Murphy was the same, loads of staff have commented that he had problems playing 60+minutes - Not good enough but that doesn't mean he can't play a massive part for a relatively small fee. For all the criticism he still has 2 goals and 2 assists so far. It's hardly shocking.

He's got three assists, which currently sees him at fourth in the division

[quote author=Krump link=topic=47002.msg1404771#msg1404771 date=1316951020]
He's got three assists, which currently sees him at fourth in the division
[/quote]

Better still.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47002.msg1404767#msg1404767 date=1316950812]
[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404763#msg1404763 date=1316950224]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

You me both are agreed that the Henderson money could have been better spent on a key attacker that could have made the difference, no arguments there. And Carroll was a panic buy that was grossly overpriced. I think the rest are good players (Suarez obv, Downing, Enrique and Adam). Adam has his flaws, I didn't think he was nearly as bad as many have made out yesterday, but he does seem to have stamina issues, Danny Murphy was the same, loads of staff have commented that he had problems playing 60+minutes - Not good enough but that doesn't mean he can't play a massive part for a relatively small fee. For all the criticism he still has 2 goals and 2 assists so far. It's hardly shocking.
[/quote]

I'm okay with Adam. He does actually try to make things happen in the middle.

For the price I don't think we can have many complaints, but then I don't think we can expect him to be Xavi either.

It's just frustrating seeing Carroll and Henderson, £50m that could have been well better spent.

Personally I'm not that disappointed in Henderson because, tbh I never really thought he'd perform well for us. Adam wasn't my cup of tea either but we got him for a decent fee so I don't mind having him on the bench.
What pisses me off is that we got rid of two classy midfielders because of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom