• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Jordan Benderson

[quote author=Modo link=topic=47002.msg1404776#msg1404776 date=1316951263]
Personally I'm not that disappointed in Henderson because, tbh I never really thought he'd perform well for us. Adam wasn't my cup of tea either but we got him for a decent fee so I don't mind having him on the bench.
What pisses me off is that we got rid of two classy midfielders because of them.
[/quote]

We got rid of Aquilani because he's never performed for us and never looked like he wanted to or was going to. We got rid of Ming for god knows what reason, but I think it's clear there was an issue there somewhere.

I can't imagine one Liverpool fan in the world would have advocated spending such an obscene amount of money on those two.

Mental.

I'm going to wait till the end of the season before declaring carroll and henderson a waste of money. we have spend 100m (give or take) to get back in the CL, if we fail then it was a waste of money.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404777#msg1404777 date=1316951360]
[quote author=Modo link=topic=47002.msg1404776#msg1404776 date=1316951263]
Personally I'm not that disappointed in Henderson because, tbh I never really thought he'd perform well for us. Adam wasn't my cup of tea either but we got him for a decent fee so I don't mind having him on the bench.
What pisses me off is that we got rid of two classy midfielders because of them.
[/quote]

We got rid of Aquilani because he's never performed for us and never looked like he wanted to or was going to. We got rid of Ming for god knows what reason, but I think it's clear there was an issue there somewhere.
[/quote]

That's not true. He was probably our most impressive player during pre season, and in the few games he played he did it well. I'm not accepting that excuse. He barely got a chance to play for us.

Even if we make it's a fail.

Spending 100 to make 20 is stupid.

by modos logic we shouldn't have sold n'goals because he was a beast in preseason

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404785#msg1404785 date=1316951985]
Even if we make it's a fail.

Spending 100 to make 20 is stupid.
[/quote]

CL football is about who you can attract and keeping the quality player you already have, the 20m is a cherry on top.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=47002.msg1404792#msg1404792 date=1316952359]
by modos logic we shouldn't have sold n'goals because he was a beast in preseason
[/quote]
Well one is playing for Bolton the other is in Milan. There's a difference and I'm not only basing that on pre season form. Hendo was shit in pre season, should he still be in the line up?

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404795#msg1404795 date=1316952436]
Spend to win.

Otherwise don't bother spending
[/quote]

I say spend where it's needed. Central midfield was pretty much sorted.

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=47002.msg1404795#msg1404795 date=1316952436]
Spend to win.

Otherwise don't bother spending
[/quote]

I guess, it's worth bearing in mind henderson and carroll are both young and hopefully will get better, it's a long season and they may turn out to be important players over the course of a season.

50m may well have been spent on players who would do a job NOW, and spent on players who fit our system better (i.e. a striker who works the channels and a proper right winger/midfielder) but what's done is done so let's be glass half full (they'll come good) rather than half empty (they're shit and a waste of money).

The way we played in the second half of last season without Gerrard it seemed to me that the areas we could improve on were in width and at CB. Downing and Enrique seem to have sorted the width issue out but we're still fucked at CB and the midfield has been made worse. Doh.

Yeah the defence has been really poor. I know people are touching on our other flaws but the main issue is we're shipping goals.

Put a half decent CM in front of our back 4 and our defence would look miles better

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=47002.msg1404804#msg1404804 date=1316952927]
Yeah the defence has been really poor. I know people are touching on our other flaws but the main issue is we're shipping goals.
[/quote]

going on a bit of a tangent here, but anyway, I think the problem with the defense if they seem happy to let crosses come in from wide areas and then dealing with the cross, the exact same thing happened in the s'land. we should be snuffing out the crosses, deal with the problem at the source.

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47002.msg1404806#msg1404806 date=1316953094]
Put a half decent CM in front of our back 4 and our defence would look miles better
[/quote]

You could Mascher or Didi in there in all their pomp and we'd still be shipping goals.

Plenty of us were moaning and pleading for the centre of defense to get sorted out as a priority; it hasn't been and we look 2nd rate back there.

To be honest there's a bit more to be said for the rest of midfield. Lucas hasn't been outstanding but he's been a lot better than Henderson and Adam. They've gone missing so often in defense you begin to wonder if there was a clause in their contracts prohibiting any involvement in tackles.

Hopefully Gerrard will add a little more pressure and if Kuyt was in there ahead of Henderson we'd be better again; we'll still ship goals mind cause we didn't sort out the centre of defense.

Both the manc clubs have conceded 5 + the chavs have let in 7, compared to our 8 ( 3 of which were when we were down to 9 men i think). If we had Mascher or Didi in their pomp then not only would our defence not be exposed as often, but we'd probably also have a few more points in the bag.

Can we improve our defense? Obviously

Is it our weakest area on the pitch? Not by a long way.

Our CM has been shockingly poor, as others have said we need to play an extra man in midfield to help cover for the likes of Lucas and Adams painfully obvious inadequacies.

i still think its adams inability to close a man down that causes the sm issues

spearing has to play

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47002.msg1404806#msg1404806 date=1316953094]
[/quote]

[quote author=Kenny4PM link=topic=47002.msg1404839#msg1404839 date=1316958859]
Both the manc clubs have conceded 5 + the chavs have let in 7, compared to our 8 ( 3 of which were when we were down to 9 men i think). If we had Mascher or Didi in their pomp then not only would our defence not be exposed as often, but we'd probably also have a few more points in the bag.

Can we improve our defense? Obviously

Is it our weakest area on the pitch? Not by a long way.

Our CM has been shockingly poor, as others have said we need to play an extra man in midfield to help cover for the likes of Lucas and Adams painfully obvious inadequacies.
[/quote]

Let's compare our defenses when we've played the same teams. I don't need stats to tell me our defense isn't even comparable to the mancs reserve team at this point. They let in 2 goals when they beat Arsenal by 6 - we've been leaking goals for draws or with squeaky wins. We haven't had the pleasure of lining up against the Chavs yet.

The CM situation is simply down to one player at this point - Adam is a part of the offense but subs himself out whenever the ball gets turned over. Mascher and Didi would have had the same issues having 3 players running at them as Lucas has had - regardless of what you might think. Once there's another player there who will close down in midfield that issue will dry up. The same can't be said of the back four which is, by far, our weakest area.

This topic was inspired by Benderson's shithouse efforts yesterday that made Ming and Aquafanny look like vikings in comparison.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=47002.msg1404868#msg1404868 date=1316962583]

Let's compare our defenses when we've played the same teams.
[/quote]

How about Stoke?

De Gea was critical in saving the Mancs a point, and they conceded 1.

Reina had nothing to do bar pick the penalty (the only shot on goal no?) out of his net.

I think they've played Bolton too?

De Gea probably cost them the goal as well though. It was barely on the 6 yard line and he didn't come for it.

Yeah he was shit as usual.

What is Commoli's job?
Henderson worth 15 million?Is shit.
Yohan Cabaye signs for Newcastle for 5 million who is French and Excellent.
Commoli's French yeah?
Fucked up Damien.

Henderson is overrated, no skill, championship level midfielder.

Please Kenny, don't be stubborn.

[quote author=Home and A Gay link=topic=47002.msg1404882#msg1404882 date=1316963653]
Yeah he was shit as usual.

What is Commoli's job?
Henderson worth 15 million?Is shit.
Yohan Cabaye signs for Newcastle for 5 million who is French and Excellent.
Commoli's French yeah?
Fucked up Damien.
[/quote]

You're forgetting who has the final say on transfers.

and it reverts to type

good signings-kenny
bad signings-commoli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom