• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think people make the concussion joke because it all seemed so staged afterwards. After the heats died down, out comes the concussion diagnosis

Seems like a solid bullshit excuse to the masses

I'm not sure science is ready to diagnose a concussion before it happens. Why the hell should someone think its staged? Unless someone thinks a reputable medical body faked results, where's the basis to do anything other than accept it? It shouldn't change the judgement of the player over a season.

Lighten up, Macca. People are just making throw away comments to lighten the mood. It doesn't need in depth analysis.

Klopp on Karius

"No one likes this goal," he told reporters. “It is obvious, we don't have to hide it.
"Yes, he could have made that save even though the shot was not easy to deal with. I've seen this situation 500 times at least in my life – bam, against the chest and the ball is going down.
“But no-one likes that in these situations.”
"We cannot start the story always after each mistake," he said. "Mistakes will happen. I don't like it, you don't like it, he doesn't like it but they do happen so let's carry on and make the best of all these situations to learn from it.
“You [the media] can all stop it immediately – promise? You never ask again, that would be one little step!
“Yeah, it will probably happen for a while until he has a few fantastic games, that is how the situation is. We cannot change that. Our job is to perform and you do what you do and that is part of the deal.
“No-one likes that goal but if we talk about the second goal I think it was Millie's [James Milner's] fault together with [Pedro] Chirvella. Two brilliant footballers make this mistake, which one was the bigger? I would say the second one but we don't talk about that."

Ward must now be number one until we can get another keeper. Ward is exactly the same age, and has played enough, so he's hardly a gamble. He's a solid keeper with a decent all-round game.

100% agree. Will give us a better idea of what we have in him and hopefully make us look less desperate as we search for a new keeper.

Karius is done. Klopp said (or was meant to have said) that he wanted to assess Karius' mental state before deciding to pursue a keeper or not... it's plain for all to see, Karius should not play another minute in goal for us moving forward.

Poor old Karius, you lot need to give him a break. He obviously suffered a concussion as a child and is now suffering with it for the rest of his life. It's not his fault he's utter wank in goal, he's probably great at loads of other stuff. Like music videos.

Klopp on Karius

"No one likes this goal," he told reporters. “It is obvious, we don't have to hide it.
"Yes, he could have made that save even though the shot was not easy to deal with. I've seen this situation 500 times at least in my life – bam, against the chest and the ball is going down.
“But no-one likes that in these situations.”
"We cannot start the story always after each mistake," he said. "Mistakes will happen. I don't like it, you don't like it, he doesn't like it but they do happen so let's carry on and make the best of all these situations to learn from it.
“You [the media] can all stop it immediately – promise? You never ask again, that would be one little step!
“Yeah, it will probably happen for a while until he has a few fantastic games, that is how the situation is. We cannot change that. Our job is to perform and you do what you do and that is part of the deal.
“No-one likes that goal but if we talk about the second goal I think it was Millie's [James Milner's] fault together with [Pedro] Chirvella. Two brilliant footballers make this mistake, which one was the bigger? I would say the second one but we don't talk about that."

I really dont like the fact hes prepared to throw other players, particularly a young fringe player, under the bus to excuse Karius. Thats Mourinho type bullshit.

I really dont like the fact hes prepared to throw other players, particularly a young fringe player, under the bus to excuse Karius. Thats Mourinho type bullshit.

Hmmm, not really. He was referring to the second goal, which was Chirivella's fuck up (and a bit of Milner), and still called them both "brilliant players" - which isn't true in Chirivella's case.

He was just trying to highlight other mistakes, and say was unfair to solely concentrate on Der Klown being a useless spastic yet again.

Hopefully he is regretting that statement. It was a shitty thing to do. He was obfuscating Karius's blunder.
Talking of shit keepers, are there any buyers for the 2nd best keeper in Belgium?

Hmmm, not really. He was referring to the second goal, which was Chirivella's fuck up (and a bit of Milner), and still called them both "brilliant players" - which isn't true in Chirivella's case.

He was just trying to highlight other mistakes, and say was unfair to solely concentrate on Der Klown being a useless spastic yet again.

I get what hes doing, I just think its uncalled for. Hes either a good keeper or hes not, dont slate other players to distract from his performance.

It’s all good guys... England will be finished at the World Cup by the end of the week at the latest... then we can get really stuck into significantly overpaying for Jack Buttland.

It’s all good guys... England will be finished at the World Cup by the end of the week at the latest... then we can get really stuck into significantly overpaying for Jack Buttland.
We're going to overpay for Nick Pope instead. And I can live with that.

Latest from RAWK about Karius

'David de Gea would look pretty poor in our system. He is one of the best goal keepers in the world at stopping shots but fairly mediocre at preventing them. In our system the latter is much more important. Karius is really good at preventing shots'.

'David de Gea would look pretty poor in our system. He is one of the best goal keepers in the world at stopping shots but fairly mediocre at preventing them. In our system the latter is much more important. Karius is really good at preventing shots'.

Wowzers. That place is more like an autistic self-help community than a Liverpool FC forum.

What the fuck is that mess?

That's utter bullshit. He's the new Lucas. People scrambling to find weird intangible, "unseen work" to try and justify his inclusion.

A keeper that doesn't save shots. Nah, he's just shit.

"People" is being very generous. RAWK is plainly the Care in the Community facility for planet Zog. Agree with that first bit otherwise.

I don't think Karius is fundamentally sh!t but I do think he turns that way under pressure, which is absolutely not what we need.

True. Some people on here, though, would fall into that category with their avid defence of Lucas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom