• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keepers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Courtois to Madrid, Alisson to Chelsea more likely, hope not mind you
Chelsea can have Allison. In the games I’ve watched he’s looked shaky. That includes the two matches against Liverpool and at this World Cup. Small sample, yes, but not convincing.

Last edited:
That’s the gamble. Spend £80 million just to end up with one as shit as what we have.

Just spend £20 on pope and maybe he’ll be an improvement on Karius.

That’s the gamble. Spend £80 million just to end up with one as shit as what we have.

Just spend £20 on pope and maybe he’ll be an improvement on Karius.
If we go in for Pope they'd slap a 50m price tag on him I reckon.

Any keeper we go for is going to be well overpriced.

If we go in for Pope they'd slap a 50m price tag on him I reckon.

Any keeper we go for is going to be well overpriced.

That could be determined on who is Burney’s number one next season. I doubt Pope would be happy being number 2 and the club rejecting bids from us.

Courtois has gone down in my estimation since he started making sneering comments about other keepers. He sounds a bit of a tit. Excellent keeper, though, but never a chance of us getting him.

Trivia Time: Karius and Danny Ward were born on the same day and same year. So the clock is really ticking now for Ward. It will be interesting to see how he fares in pre-season games. I'd be happy with him as number two to a new signing. He's a more complete keeper than either Karius or Ming; I'm just not sure if he's going to be more than 'solid' at a top club.

Courtois has gone down in my estimation since he started making sneering comments about other keepers. He sounds a bit of a tit. Excellent keeper, though, but never a chance of us getting him.

Trivia Time: Karius and Danny Ward were born on the same day and same year. So the clock is really ticking now for Ward. It will be interesting to see how he fares in pre-season games. I'd be happy with him as number two to a new signing. He's a more complete keeper than either Karius or Ming; I'm just not sure if he's going to be more than 'solid' at a top club.
Whilst I do agree, as I remember him sulking about Mignolet saying he wanted to challenge for his number one spot, I genuinely think he didn't mean it about Pickford and he did come out and say he wasn't intending to mock him.

Still think hes a dick mind, not that I'd care if he played for us.

Whilst I do agree, as I remember him sulking about Mignolet saying he wanted to challenge for his number one spot, I genuinely think he didn't mean it about Pickford and he did come out and say he wasn't intending to mock him.

Still think hes a dick mind, not that I'd care if he played for us.

He said: '“I would have caught it. He was too busy throwing his legs in the air.” However he now tries to 'clarify' that remark, it certainly sounded pretty sarcastic, and he lapped up the laughter it provoked, and in my eyes he's just trying to wriggle his way out of it. Same goes for his claim to be an expert on concussion and his long-distance diagnosis of Karius' condition. He'd be well advised to keep his mouth shut and concentrate on his own game and his own team.

Yep he was obviously taking the piss out of Pickford but fair play, thought better of it in hindsight and tried to rectify it. However, when he made that save at the end from Neymar, my first thought was “I wish we had him at LFC”

He's absolutely terrible and it was obvious after about 5 performances. Sadly, we'll be stuck with him as number one for a while longer.

I think we'll end up with Alisson actually. I can see Real buying Courtois after the World Cup. So that would leave Chelsea and us vying for Alisson.

I'd suspect we might be the more attractive proposition at the moment.

Alisson strikes me as a pretty flaky keeper who has good periods of competence. Whoever we get will need to go about half a season or more without making any clear mistake, otherwise he will immediately be branded another disaster, a terrible waste of money, etc etc, by most of those who demanded change at all costs, and Sky and the tabloids and Gary Neville the goalkeeping expert will start analysing every single move he makes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom