• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lallana

Status
Not open for further replies.
...plus he's been playing with a broken rib, and he's still in the upper reaches of Morse's MOTM table. Now it *could* be that all those fans across all those websites are wrong. On the other hand it could be that those targeting Lallana for criticism are talking utter sh!te. I know where my bet's going.
Cracked/bruised rib. Talk of 'broken' upsets people...

He's alright but no more than that. He'll be back playing lower league football when he's 30 though.

When did you turn into such a prick? You used to be a nice lad.
I don't think Lallana has justified his hefty price tag yet. You do. Fans are allowed a difference of opinion without you making it personal at every turn.
Oh boo hoo there Susan.

...plus he's been playing with a broken rib, and he's still in the upper reaches of Morse's MOTM table. Now it *could* be that all those fans across all those websites are wrong. On the other hand it could be that those targeting Lallana for criticism are talking utter sh!te. I know where my bet's going.
It's not that simple though is it. He is lovely on the eye and every sane fan wants him to succeed. Away at burnely is the type of game he was bought in to deal with: grab it by the scruff of the neck and control, dictate and win the game. He was simply anonymous for 75min. Worrying.

It's not that simple though is it. He is lovely on the eye and every sane fan wants him to succeed. Away at burnely is the type of game he was bought in to deal with: grab it by the scruff of the neck and control, dictate and win the game. He was simply anonymous for 75min. Worrying.
Admittedly, he had a quiet game but it was one game. He was getting better with each game until Christmas. Besides the whole team was extremely poor.

When it becomes a trend then it becomes worrying.

Tbh, I think Lallana is a good player but personally I'd prefer Luis Garcia over him anytime of the day even though Garcia used to frustrate me to no end.

UnlinedWellinformedAfricanfisheagle.gif

This is what worries me about Lallana-- look at how the play develops. What if Sterling had cut the ball back-- Lallana ought to be breaking into the bottom of the picture yet he hardly makes a few yards outside the centre-circle. The person you least expect to be busting his lungs to support the attack owing to his deep-lying position is Gerrard, yet it's him who was almost alongside Sterling in case he was robbed of possession. Lallana's work off the ball, for a Premier League-proved player, is rather ordinary and that's what's stopping him from stepping up to next level.

I don't think Lallana will ever be world class - well, depending on your definition of that statement. I'm also ok with that; Lallana can be very much our Modric. Luka is an extremely good player, he can create and he can score; he works harder, IMO, with the ball in that he shows for the ball and gets it more often. Lallana works harder off the ball which doesn't always translate to an eye-catching performance but is just as important.

I don't think either will ever be truly 'world class". Most would say Modric has been closer but I think that's because he's had better support from a much better team around him. Get Sturridge fit and firing as well as bring in another goal scoring attacker and Lallana will look much better. I think many are missing how much attention the opposition is paying him at the moment - he gets double teamed regularly. Free him up a little with better players around him and he'll go to another level.

UnlinedWellinformedAfricanfisheagle.gif

This is what worries me about Lallana-- look at how the play develops. What if Sterling had cut the ball back-- Lallana ought to be breaking into the bottom of the picture yet he hardly makes a few yards outside the centre-circle. The person you least expect to be busting his lungs to support the attack owing to his deep-lying position is Gerrard, yet it's him who was almost alongside Sterling in case he was robbed of possession. Lallana's work off the ball, for a Premier League-proved player, is rather ordinary and that's what's stopping him from stepping up to next level.

It's all too easy to pick up one instance in isolation ..and maybe the fact Gerrard was up there is what held Lallana back, we're not privy to those instructions if that's the case. However when you look at his game over the 90 mins, and the fact that again most people had him in their Top 3, he again shows he is amongst our most creative and at times, dangerous, players. I couldn't disagree with more re. his off-the-ball work, he is one of our hardest working players as his 'ground covered' stats constantly prove.

I don't think Lallana will ever be world class - well, depending on your definition of that statement. I'm also ok with that; Lallana can be very much our Modric. Luka is an extremely good player, he can create and he can score; he works harder, IMO, with the ball in that he shows for the ball and gets it more often. Lallana works harder off the ball which doesn't always translate to an eye-catching performance but is just as important.

I don't think either will ever be truly 'world class". Most would say Modric has been closer but I think that's because he's had better support from a much better team around him. Get Sturridge fit and firing as well as bring in another goal scoring attacker and Lallana will look much better. I think many are missing how much attention the opposition is paying him at the moment - he gets double teamed regularly. Free him up a little with better players around him and he'll go to another level.

that's very harsh on Modric. Many thought he would be sidelined in Madrid, however, he has gone there and amidst a massive bunch of talent he has earned himself a starting place in arguably the most competitive squad in the world. For a long period last year he was seen as one of the key players in the whole team. Modric is on another planet at the moment compared to Lallana.

It's all too easy to pick up one instance in isolation ..and maybe the fact Gerrard was up there is what held Lallana back, we're not privy to those instructions if that's the case. However when you look at his game over the 90 mins, and the fact that again most people had him in their Top 3, he again shows he is amongst our most creative and at times, dangerous, players. I couldn't disagree with more re. his off-the-ball work, he is one of our hardest working players as his 'ground covered' stats constantly prove.

We're definitely not privy to instructions but from Rodgers's perennial refrain (lack of pressing) I doubt that he was asked to hold back when we attack. One of the key features of the game (as with many games this season) was just how easily and without pressure Burnley played in its defensive half while Liverpool was constantly harried in our half leading to passing mistakes. By the way, it's not a black and white issue-- he's not a bad player so people need to treat a critique as criticism but he needs to bring an additional dimension to his game.

Did we really overpay for Lallana?

Better record than Willian over the period they've both been in the premier league - same age - cheaper.

Depends. Do you think Chelsea got value for money with Willian?

I don't believe Chelsea place any value on money.

Then again, Chelsea paid £32m for him - so it makes Lallana look reasonable.

I reckon if you compile a sample of players of a similar age & standing, factor in issues such as how long they had left on their contract - you'll find £25m was about average.

Lallana is an ok player, he does most things well. He will never be mor me than that but that is ok, he is technically ok, he's smply a tidy player wh gives you some energy, movement and willingness.

Did we overpay bloody helo yes but if we get top fou it ain't an issue. He would be out of the team first if we had better attacking options for me but I umderstand those who like him, we aren't all going to like the same things.

Put it this way if he is a starter for England it shows how poor the talent pool here is.

Lallana is an ok player, he does most things well. He will never be mor me than that but that is ok, he is technically ok, he's smply a tidy player wh gives you some energy, movement and willingness.

Did we overpay bloody helo yes but if we get top fou it ain't an issue. He would be out of the team first if we had better attacking options for me but I umderstand those who like him, we aren't all going to like the same things.

Put it this way if he is a starter for England it shows how poor the talent pool here is.
Sterling and Sturridge are starters for England, so how does that work?

Yeah, he certainly was. But if he were to be sold now with time left on his contract then 7m wouldn't be a possibility.

Absolutely - Everton signed him from the Greek League -which isn't really known for higher prices, but equally not known for producing that many superstars.

If you look at the spread of transfer fees - in and around £20m is probably the average.

Sterling and Sturridge are starters for England, so how does that work?

Sterling is 21 and has already in a couple of years done more than Lallana, he will also develop more than him and has bags more talent. Sturridge is class, injuries apart he is class and could be very very good. Lallana is a good squad player, technically good, busy, offers something - he is a milner type player, one you don't mind in the squad but shouldn't start every game.

Pointless argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom