• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
---------------------Ming---------------------
Clyne----Matip---------Lovren----Milner
-------------Henderson--Can-------------
-------------------Coutinho-----------------
---Mane---------Sturridge------Origi----

Can is a major doubt for this game. Dont think he can train until the end of the week.

Henderson was excellent against Spurs, as good as I've seen him in a long time. I don't care if he's shit for England personally.

Henderson wasn't great for England but few (if any) were, and he hasn't started the season too badly for us. Beware of getting conscripted into Modo's latest vendetta.

Thanks for the warning. It's often difficult to know whose opinion to plagiarise.

I agree with Modo here, however. We can - and need to - do better than Henderson in one of the two holding positions. There is a lot to like about Henderson but I think, ultimately, he's not good enough if we have big ambitions.

This game may give us a bit more of a read on how Klopp views the squad this year. He tended to prefer Firmino in big away games last year and has done the same again this year, who he picks in the first home game will be interesting.

I'd go with:

GK Mignolet
DL Moreno
DC Lovren
DC Matip
DR Clyne
MC Milner
MC Can/Henderson (depending on fitness)
AL Coutinho
AC Lallana
AR Mané
FC Sturridge

Moreno can come back in at home, freeing Milner up for midfield. I don't think Klopp will drop Henderson for the first home game, but I don't think he's really playing well enough to justify his place right now.
"Doctor Clyne, I presume"

Milner, Can and Henderson all adopt Scottish ancestroy

And I always knew Sturridge felt himself as big as the club

---------------------Ming---------------------
Clyne----Matip---------Lovren----Milner
-------------Henderson--Can-------------
-------------------Coutinho-----------------
---Mane---------Sturridge------Origi----
If Moreno is ever going to start a game again it will be this one because Milner will get burned for pace (though may be better against Mahrez). If that happens then Milner will replace the injured/unfit Can in midfield. There is no way Klopp will not start with either one or both of Lallana & Firmino.

Milner has got decent pace so I'm not worried about him against Mahrez.

Wijnaldum will score. Its a cert!

They'll probably hang back and let us hold the ball in midfield and counter attack at every opportunity.
Teams know our Achilles heel.

Hugely significant game this for our early season confidence.

I know they deserve respect for winning the title (which is something we have failed to do for 25+ years) - but I still find it hard to take in that we Liverpool - will have our confidence boosted significantly after beating Leicester. I hope we CRUSH them.

I'd want to see:

----------------Mignolet----------------
Clyne----Lovren---Matip---Milner
-----Lallana---Hendo---Wijn--------
----------------Coutinho---------------
-------------Mane-----Origi-----------

Obviously I would prefer to see Can starting but given the fitness doubt I think we just need to pack the midfield.

They'll probably hang back and let us hold the ball in midfield and counter attack at every opportunity.

But Leicester play like this against *everybody*. It isn't some special tactic to counter Liverpool. This is their thing. Lets hope we have a counter-counter plan (which should be to smash a few goals by them in the first 20 and force them to play– easy).

I'd start Sturridge over Origi. The power and pace Origi has isn't going to benefit us as much as the skill and finishing ability Studge has bearing in mind we will be playing against a parked bus. Again.
I'd go all out attack as we need to start beating bus parkers on a regular basis. As long as we show we can't, they'll continue to park it. Start beating such teams and they'll be less likely to employ such tactics.

But Leicester play like this against *everybody*. It isn't some special tactic to counter Liverpool. This is their thing. Lets hope we have a counter-counter plan (which should be to smash a few goals by them in the first 20 and force them to play– easy).
I know and I guess it's just perfect against us.

I'd start Sturridge over Origi. The power and pace Origi has isn't going to benefit us as much as the skill and finishing ability Studge has bearing in mind we will be playing against a parked bus. Again.
I'd go all out attack as we need to start beating bus parkers on a regular basis. As long as we show we can't, they'll continue to park it. Start beating such teams and they'll be less likely to employ such tactics.

Yes, but there's a real question about how you achieve that. I'm not sure all-out attack is necessarily the best approach for doing so. A fair few teams tried it last season against this lot and got nowhere fast.

Or as it's otherwise known: "the exact way Leicester play football against everybody"

"Doctor Clyne, I presume"

Milner, Can and Henderson all adopt Scottish ancestroy

And I always knew Sturridge felt himself as big as the club

Ha. I'd original done it with lineup builder but couldn't get the image to show, so I copied the text instead; the abbreviations are their fault!

We're not bad on the break either. Knowing us this could turn into a slug fest if both teams turn up on point.

Hope it doesn't come to that and we find a way to neutralize them.

I'm fairly certain that we will win.

As long as Klopp doesn't pick a totally spaz team that features Lucas or something. Beating Leicester will prove fuck all though, as we will then probably lose the next game

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom