• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester For The Title?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched that Leicester match last night, wanting them to win but mostly just really impressed with a fucking ace game of footy. It was like us a couple of years ago... that mix of pace and effortless skill... from Leicester. Anyways they're probably doomed to the same fate as us in 2014, but either way, love what they've managed so far.

Roy Hodgson did a pretty good job of expunging any love or interest I had in football for a few months, although it was largely replaced with helpless rage, so I'm not sure it was any better.

Aye. Run by cunts, played by cunts, peddled by cunts and lapped up by idiots.

Whatever happens they looked nailed on for automatic CL place next season.

That in itself is batshit crazy.

I'd love Leicester to win it. Kinda galling we can't and they can, but it would be brilliant for all of us who hate Arsenal and Spurs and pretty much all other teams that might win the league in any given year.

I'd love Leicester to win it. Kinda galling we can't and they can, but it would be brilliant for all of us who hate Arsenal and Spurs and pretty much all other teams that might win the league in any given year.
True. Also, it's better if a smaller club wins it as it gives them a leg up, as opposed to opening up a bigger gap over everyone else.

The only acceptable result for my mental frailty is that Leicester win it. The idea of Spurs or Arsenal winning it is horrible. Citeh look to have blown it.
Arsenal & City may yet find themselves in a battle for 4th against United & West Ham aswell.

Leicester have built a team. No big egos. They have a manager that is more or less perfect for them. They don't care who they play. They go out and work their socks off in every game every minute. Old style English football mixed with the fantastic Mahrez, the new Luis Garcia.

If they win the title - which I hope they do now - it will be a good kick up the arse for all those so called highly paid and high cost signings that have joined the 'bigger' teams and expected to win the title. Hopefully it will be a good humiliation and a lesson for players in this league - that if you as a team work hard in EVERY game you play, get the basics right and perform consistently - there is no reason why you cannot win the title. The formula Leicester are using is no different from what Man United used to win league after league. Simple football - try the middle and put in crosses in the final third - the goals come, and have a strong holding midfielder to protect the defense. It is that simple.

If they win the title - which I hope they do now - it will be a good kick up the arse for all those so called highly paid and high cost signings that have joined the 'bigger' teams and expected to win the title. Hopefully it will be a good humiliation and a lesson for players in this league - that if you as a team work hard in EVERY game you play, get the basics right and perform consistently - there is no reason why you cannot win the title. The formula Leicester are using is no different from what Man United used to win league after league. Simple football - try the middle and put in crosses in the final third - the goals come, and have a strong holding midfielder to protect the defense. It is that simple.

Who has been the strong holding midfielder who protected the defence for United?

I watched that Leicester match last night, wanting them to win but mostly just really impressed with a fucking ace game of footy. It was like us a couple of years ago... that mix of pace and effortless skill... from Leicester. Anyways they're probably doomed to the same fate as us in 2014, but either way, love what they've managed so far.
I'd be all over it but I fucking hate Vardy! I'm torn man!

had held on a few hours longer

A Leicester City fan, who stood to win £250,000 from a £50 bet on his team winning the Premier League, has cashed out for £72,000.

The Warwickshire man, who has chosen to remain anonymous, bowed out of the 5,000-1 wager on Saturday.

Hours later his stake would have been worth £91,000 after the Foxes beat Watford 1-0, said Ladbrokes.

The winner said: "It will mean so much if we win, so there's no point in being greedy."

More on this story and updates from Warwickshire

He said he was "ecstatic" and looking forward to the rest of the league whatever the outcome.

"The odds are constantly changing, even Chelsea could sneak into the top four at the last minute," he said.

"A holiday to Spain is a certainty followed by paying off the mortgage with the winnings."

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: "It's a life-changing amount of money and we congratulate our customer for holding his nerve this long."

Leicester City still have nine games left of the season, starting against Newcastle on 14 March, to secure their first ever top flight league title.

Odds on them winning the Premier League title are now 5-4, said Ladbrokes.

It comes a week after Leicester city John Pryke cashed out his bet for nearly £30,000.

had held on a few hours longer

A Leicester City fan, who stood to win £250,000 from a £50 bet on his team winning the Premier League, has cashed out for £72,000.

The Warwickshire man, who has chosen to remain anonymous, bowed out of the 5,000-1 wager on Saturday.

Hours later his stake would have been worth £91,000 after the Foxes beat Watford 1-0, said Ladbrokes.

The winner said: "It will mean so much if we win, so there's no point in being greedy."

More on this story and updates from Warwickshire

He said he was "ecstatic" and looking forward to the rest of the league whatever the outcome.

"The odds are constantly changing, even Chelsea could sneak into the top four at the last minute," he said.

"A holiday to Spain is a certainty followed by paying off the mortgage with the winnings."

Jessica Bridge of Ladbrokes said: "It's a life-changing amount of money and we congratulate our customer for holding his nerve this long."

Leicester City still have nine games left of the season, starting against Newcastle on 14 March, to secure their first ever top flight league title.

Odds on them winning the Premier League title are now 5-4, said Ladbrokes.

It comes a week after Leicester city John Pryke cashed out his bet for nearly £30,000.

I'd have done the same, £72,000 would set you up nicely for life, he's probably halved his mortgage repayments, had a nice holiday and had a bit of a bender, lovely.

5 wins now should see them over the line.

Incredible really.

Really impressive result again tonight

5 wins now should see them over the line.

Incredible really.

Really impressive result again tonight

Maybe just maybe - they are playing well and consistently unlike the rest. Prefer them over Spurs any day because I know that next season they will most likely fall apart. Spurs winning will mean they will get stronger.

Also I would seriously put in a bid for that Kante for £35M - he is worth it.

Vardy has scored only 4 goals in his last 14 league games, and Mahrez has only 2 in 13. They've got their share of assists and others are chipping in, but Leicester need to get at least one of them to start scoring more regularly again.

Their fans no longer enjoy the game, just scoring goals and winning. They were subdued for long spells in yesterday's match against Rafa's Newcastle.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom