• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Leicester PL champions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jeez Spurs players are some vile cunts:

Kyle Walker wipes snot/blood and throws it at Costa

Dier's stupid tackle:

Dembele pokes Costa in the eye:

Remember the lengthy ban Suarez got for biting Ivanovic?
I wonder what the FA will do now.

Congrats to the Foxes, incredible achievement! Hope they keep this team together for at least one more season and try to prove they can maintain this level.

Congrats to Leicester they picked the right season to be consistent in the premiership.
It's a tremendous achievement nonetheless and they deserved it.
Still think this season is an aberration.

No chance. European footy will fuck them over.
I have a feeling they'll be doing some smart business in the summer. Buying the best players from relegated team or the Championship to strengthen their squad. But yeah, they won't be able to cope and I don't think any of the top teams in the premiership will be that interested in raiding them.

Probably the greatest team achievement in the history of sport.

Stunning.

The movie should be good but as its about football it probably will be shite.

The biggest surprise ever in football history. Very well deserved. Ranieri finally won his big title.

Congrats Leicester and congrats Ranieri

I second that.

Their story should be an inspiration for any player with a half a brain - that you don't need to be at a big club or a team full of superstars - you need to be in a team that has some talent but above all has a team of strong minds that are well drilled.

Lettuce beef cereal, they got the benefit of the doubt from many of the referees because they are a small team and the referees didn't want to mess up the fairytale storyline.

Still a great achievement but they got away with more and had more luck than any modern champion I can remember.

And yes, I am still bitter about two years ago.

Got bored 5 seconds after they won it seeing the mass adulation (they do deserve it tbf), but seeing Spurs implode and act all cunty about it fills me with glee again.

It's unreal. Was going through their squad, and I realised I barely knew 3 players before this season - Schmeichel, Ulloa (because he had a good last season) and Mahrez (he'd scored some nice goals last year too). Oh, and I knew Cambiasso, but he's not even there anymore.

Nobody had ever even heard of Vardy or Kante. Their spine is made up of bang average footballers - Schmeichel is no better than Mignolet, Morgan and Huth are career junkyard dog journeymen. Drinkwater looks like United's Danny Guthrie.

And not to mention that their manager has won pretty much nothing of note in his career.

How the fuck have they done it? They finished 14th last season FFS.

My only theory is that they've done an Ipswich in a season where all the other big clubs have collectively been in shit form. That's major luck, but fair play to them for sticking to it the entire season.

I think they'll struggle to finish top 8 next season.

Leicester 1st new champion of England since 1978. That one, Nott Forest, won European Cup each of the next 2 years.

ChfdULTWwAEwOOe.jpg

Leicester's ability to keep their best XI fit has been a trend for a few yrs. From their 13/14 season
ChfRQpPWUAAAspG.jpg

ChfJ0ogUkAAyswU.jpg

ChetSHyUgAAYRYF.jpg

Cheta_BU8AEFv2U.jpg

Chet7m4UcAAOFJc.jpg

Delighted Chelsea, Citeh, Arse or Scum didn't win it (unlike almost everyone else would not have lost sleep over Spurs winning).

But overall ... meh!

Next season please (with a Europa League win to keep me warm)

How did they do it?

1. Striker that has a hot scoring streak during the season
  2. Goalkeeper that is solid
  3. Being able to field a very settled line up week by week
  4. Playing a counter attacking 4-4-2 which caught many by surprise. Each player knowing the system inside out.
  5. Generally knowing how to defend
  6. Strong team ethic - something that is rare in top teams
  7. A couple of key players having the season of their lives
You don't win the league without point 1 and 2.

Still, these 7 points only explain so much. I mean, at the beginning of the season you think ok they do all 7 and maybe they have a shout at top 8.

I actually wanted Leicester to win it with a win, but in the end, that was much more gratifying, watching those wankers throw it away AND completely lose it and throw all dignity out the window. I fucking hate Spurs.

Well done Leicester!

How did they do it?

1. Striker that has a hot scoring streak during the season
  2. Goalkeeper that is solid
  3. Being able to field a very settled line up week by week
  4. Playing a counter attacking 4-4-2 which caught many by surprise. Each player knowing the system inside out.
  5. Generally knowing how to defend
  6. Strong team ethic - something that is rare in top teams
  7. A couple of key players having the season of their lives
You don't win the league without point 1 and 2.

Still, these 7 points only explain so much. I mean, at the beginning of the season you think ok they do all 7 and maybe they have a shout at top 8.

One important point is missing obviously.

Game-winning tackles.

You don't win the league without them.

Anyone think we have the beginnings of a longstanding hatred between Chelsea and Spurs?

It's strange but fans already claim there's been hatred there since the 1960s, but I've not seen any explanation as to why, apart from a couple of players moving from the former to the latter, and Spurs beating them in a cup final. Hardly the basis for a Hatfields v McCoys enmity but apparently it's gone on for decades.

Seven years ago Jamie Vardy was working for my brother-in-law in Sheffield picking prosthetic limb orders in a warehouse earning £8 an hour and playing non-league football.
Pretty amazing really.

Congrats to the club and what an incredible story. Remarkable.
Deffo an element of 'where were you when we were shit?' going on when you saw the scenes in the city after they won it, but fuck it. Just what this hideous, cynical, bloated bunch of bullshit league needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom