• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Let’s hammer them!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Watching Bowens disallowed goal again, van dijk is the only one that stepped forward. Why the fuck would he do that?

His decision making is very off. Interception aside, his side was targeted quite a lot and that speaks volumes

Watching Bowens disallowed goal again, van dijk is the only one that stepped forward. Why the fuck would he do that?

His decision making is very off. Interception aside, his side was targeted quite a lot and that speaks volumes
He made three mistakes in that one move.

If Virgil doesnt step up Bowen isnt offside. Offside was given and it looked like it in real time as well.

If Virgil doesnt step up Bowen isnt offside. Offside was given and it looked like it in real time as well.

But no one else stepped up, so clearly van dijk wasn't playing an effective live

But no one else stepped up, so clearly van dijk wasn't playing an effective live

I thought Matip was slow to step up with him, Trent was also ahead of Matip so I read it as Joel was at fault.
But post that, thought Virgil’s attempt to show to left and then attempt he does now with his back of calf to block the shot doesn’t work anymore.

I thought Matip was slow to step up with him, Trent was also ahead of Matip so I read it as Joel was at fault.
But post that, thought Virgil’s attempt to show to left and then attempt he does now with his back of calf to block the shot doesn’t work anymore.

That lazy trailing leg move...VVD should be more in his face. That said, Bowen did really well. See how quick he gets the shot away.

That lazy trailing leg move...VVD should be more in his face. That said, Bowen did really well. See how quick he gets the shot away.
Yeah, Bowen did brilliantly whatever we say about Virg. What we did do brilliantly was keep an absolutely perfect offside line. Which, as we saw, saves you goals against.

I wanted Bowen at Liverpool til I heard the completely unsubstantiated rumour that he beats his wife.

Highly, almost 100% certain that isn't true.

I was also 1 for having him here, he was at the top of his game performing week in week out in a West Ham side that was overachieving......not watched much of them in Europe for obvious reasons but in the league he's dropped off immeasurably.

Yeah, Bowen did brilliantly whatever we say about Virg. What we did do brilliantly was keep an absolutely perfect offside line. Which, as we saw, saves you goals against.

Yes.
Sometimes a goal is not down to any mistake, just good play from the opponent.
Klopp said we made a mistake on 1-0, but just look at that goal. Great play.

There's something very sexy about a perfectly orchestrated set piece, even something as simple as a clean header, direct from the corner... What a goal that was by Joel - Poetic in it's simplicity and ruthlessness.

The best headed goal I've ever seen is Drogba's in that European Cup final, both for the flawless execution of a nearly impossible feat AND the crushing pressure he was under at that exact moment in time. I hate Chelsea, but that goal brought me out of my seat. Joel's header yesterday wasn't on a par with THAT goal, but it was as crisp and clean and perfectly executed as a 'simple' header can be... Textbook stuff.

If you wanna teach kids how to attack a corner and execute a header, just show them yesterday's winner on a continuous loop. I could never tire of watching such simple beauty.

There's something very sexy about a perfectly orchestrated set piece, even something as simple as a clean header, direct from the corner... What a goal that was by Joel - Poetic in it's simplicity and ruthlessness.

The best headed goal I've ever seen is Drogba's in that European Cup final, both for the flawless execution of a nearly impossible feat AND the crushing pressure he was under at that exact moment in time. I hate Chelsea, but that goal brought me out of my seat. Joel's header yesterday wasn't on a par with THAT goal, but it was as crisp and clean and perfectly executed as a 'simple' header can be... Textbook stuff.

If you wanna teach kids how to attack a corner and execute a header, just show them yesterday's winner on a continuous loop. I could never tire of watching such simple beauty.
Nice post except the part of about jumping out of your seat when those cunts scored a goal in a CL final.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom