• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Press conference 10am 01/06/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where was the other lad who owns the club? I actually can't remember his name.

im not advocating anything regards rafa,but surely you agree...there is confusion being portrayed

the only confusion being portrayed is in here. even the idiots at sky news took down they're breaking news about sporting director when they realised they were wrong

Well apart from Rodgers (who came across excellently) the press conference was an embarrassing mess. Jesus how hard can it be to do something like this in a professional and forthright way? Their idea of professionalism seemed to be

"Right before you ask any questions we would like you to state your name and the organisation you belong too...."

3 minutes later....

"Right before you ask any questions we would like you to state your name and the organisation you belong too...."

Werner and Ayre were shockingly inept. It was telling that Rodgers pretty much slammed the door on the idea of a DoF while Ayre looked on in a gormless and somewhat sheepish way - Just as that bombshell dropped the whole thing was wrapped up.

Henry:
""Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool."

egg.jpg

His interview was good - very dignified, well-informed and honest. He deserves a better set-up around him. (On money to spend: 'We haven't got the wheelbarrow full, that's for sure'.)

Interview on LFC channel at moment (paraphrased):

Have you ideas already about any changes you'd like to make to playing staff?
BR: It's early days and I'd obviously need to assess but yes, having watched Liverpool a fair bit this season I have a good idea about areas I need to improve.

And have you discussed with the owners a transfer budget?
BR: Yes, I know what I have to spend. It's not exactly a wheelbarrow full, but I've got funds to make the changes I need.

Interview on LFC channel at moment (paraphrased):

Have you ideas already about any changes you'd like to make to playing staff?
BR: It's early days and I'd obviously need to assess but yes, having watched Liverpool a fair bit this season I have a good idea about areas I need to improve.

And have you discussed with the owners a transfer budget?
BR: Yes, I know what I have to spend. It's not exactly a wheelbarrow full, but I've got funds to make the changes I need.

Full interview is here

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/rodgers-the-first-lfc-interview

He's both impressive and likeable.

He might just turn out to be an inspired signing.

Its amazing how differently people react to questions when Sky Sports aren't leading the assault at press conferences. His interview with Matt Critchley on the LFC channel is very relaxed, down to earth. He touched on the history of the club and with a smile on his face about it. He has spoken with Gerrard. Theres money there to spend and from watching us last season he has a fair idea of what we need. Also says that he will be bringing in 2, 3 or maybe 4 players. Came across well anyway.

Henry:
""Brendan's comprehensive football philosophy is perfectly aligned with those at the club and those soon to join the club. He was the first choice unanimously among them and he had no hesitation at all in embracing exactly what we want to try to build at Liverpool."
Exactly that bit got me well excited when I read it this morning.

Henry knows his cliffhangers.

'The director of football was something I made clear I couldnt work with, what we need is an outstanding team. We will form a technical board that will have four or five people that decide the way forward'

I think thats fairly clear.
So:
Sporting director (Tx)
Manager
Assistant
First team coach
Youth/acadamy coach

Either Brendan is a fucking dumbass or there is a difference between Sporting director and DOF, apart from the title of course.

'The director of football was something I made clear I couldnt work with, what we need is an outstanding team. We will form a technical board that will have four or five people that decide the way forward'

I think thats fairly clear.
So:
Sporting director (Tx)
Manager
Assistant
First team coach
Youth/acadamy coach
He said he wouldn't work with a sporting director as well.
Guess Trixi will need a different title.
Brendan's bum boy perhaps

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom