• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

LFC Press conference 10am 01/06/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that's one of the reasons why I'm negative about FSG. Did they think once in situ he'd just back down over the DoF role? Absolutely farcical.

BR basically said he works best without that kind of structure(DOF)
so basically telling them already,if you go down that road and the shit hits the fan....not my problem

And that's one of the reasons why I'm negative about FSG. Did they think once in situ he'd just back down over the DoF role? Absolutely farcical.

Well quite. I'm really struggling to believe what's been described. I mean, for example, what was the reaction of the others when BR said he wouldn't work with one? I just don't see how that couldn't have been a massively awkward moment...

BR basically said he works best without that kind of structure(DOF)
so basically telling them already,if you go down that road and the shit hits the fan....not my problem
It would actually have sounded somewhat better if they made that clear.
The confusion during the whole conference was strange

I had to take a call and missed it. This DOF gaffe, wasn't it just a case of semantics over DOF and Sporting Director roles?

So, was Rodgers just not making clear he wouldn't be working in a set-up with a traditional DOF as the football media would understand it? Therefore not contradicting the earlier statement of a Sporting Director (a "new" type of role) being installed?

Well quite. I'm really struggling to believe what's been described. I mean, for example, what was the reaction of the others when BR said he wouldn't work with one? I just don't see how that couldn't have been a massively awkward moment...

They wrapped up the conference there and then - which made it look even worse. Shocking.

In other (related) news, Ballague and Duncan Jenkins tweeting that we're in talks with Txixi Burgerstain.

I'm still wondering if I'm being whoosed. What exactly happened? If he actually said that, right after the owners said they were going to appoint one, this could be a car crash before it even starts.

Weird.

I had to take a call and missed it. This DOF gaffe, wasn't it just a case of semantics over DOF and Sporting Director roles?

So, was Rodgers just not making clear he wouldn't be working in a set-up with a traditional DOF as the football media would understand it? Therefore not contradicting the earlier statement of a Sporting Director (a "new" type of role) being installed?

Ayre rambled like only he can ramble, repeating the 'continental' model theme again and saying they'll all work with the manager. Then Rodgers cut through all the leaden persiflage like a knife through butter and everyone else looked shifty.

Ayre rambled like only he can ramble, repeating the 'continental' model theme again and saying they'll all work with the manager. Then Rodgers cut through all the leaden persiflage like a knife through butter and everyone else looked shifty.

Cheers, and then it got cut short? Wowzers!

Swansea chairman says arrangement in place that Liverpool can't take any of their players for the next 12 months.

Only Gylfi then?

looks like they have hired a monster without the chains/clauses and he has taken over... whuahahahaha
so out if their hands now...

no club can enforce what Swansea say has been agreed on their players

just a gentlemans agreement I suppose

Cheers, and then it got cut short? Wowzers!

Well, it seemed to me they cut it short. Maybe it was a coincidence. John Thompson just now put a different spin on it, claiming that Rodgers said he wouldn't work with a DoF but was willing to work with a set of people. I must say I didn't get that impression, and I'm not sure what that means, but hey ho.

that's fucking bollox. he never said there was going to be a director of football. he said more than once that there was going to be a collaborative structure, a group of people working on football issues, transfers for example. i don't know where people are getting confused.

I'm still wondering if I'm being whoosed. What exactly happened? If he actually said that, right after the owners said they were going to appoint one, this could be a car crash before it even starts.

Weird.

Watch it if you can mate. It's being blown out of proportion on here.

that's fucking bollox. he never said there was going to be a director of football. he said more than once that there was going to be a collaborative structure, a group of people working on football issues, transfers for example. i don't know where people are getting confused.

You're being very kind to him, IMHO. I think it takes a great hermeneutic effort to re-edit Ayre's waffle to be that coherent.

its not a confusion in the understanding...its how easily the owners have backed down from the longterm plan they supposedly have,
they definately wanted a DOF and manager working as just a coach.

Maybe it is only a temp set up until they have really got their DOF or SD of their choice. Looks like they could not for the last 2 weeks.

Does Werner wear a wig? You people are ignoring the bigger picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom