• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool players you've actively disliked

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmishra

Very Well-Known
Not because they were poor footballers, but because you've instinctively and actively disliked them for what they are - shithouses, pricks or simply, footballers who don't deserve to wear the red (for any other non-footballing reason). Exclude the likes of Torres and Mascherano, who you started disliking only once they left.

I'll go, in my time of supporting the club:

Diouf
Kewell
Pennant
Downing

Plenty of other players who I've considered absolute shit, but never really actively disliked.

For sheer laziness

Babel and Kewell, both had talent but lacked the balls and the effort to make the difference.

For being sheer idiots

Diouf and, as Macca said, Voronin.

Voronin was one of our worst signings ever IMO and I wanted him gone before he even arrived, but I felt sorry for him rather than hated him.

Only one I can really think of is Spit the Dog. Nicky Tanner was so grotesquely short of the required standard that I hated seeing him run out in a Liverpool shirt, but as I understand it he was a decent lad off the pitch.

Abel Xavier was apparently a top lad and great in the dressing room, I don't think I've ever been more worried watching a defender play though. That game away at Blackburn when he played right back, they had the run of their left for the entire game.

Konchesky
Haha, poor Konchesky. Utter shit, but never really hated him. I remember his first interview for the club with him saying it was a dream move. The whole world and his dog knew that he was going to be out of his depth. He just wasn't good enough, not his fault. And not his fault that his mum decided to go batshit crazy either. If anything, I have to say I feel slightly sorry for him. From regular mid-table PL full-back to Liverpool to disappear off the face of the earth to some cunting 2nd division club. All in 6 months. Bit harsh.

For sheer laziness

Babel and Kewell, both had talent but lacked the balls and the effort to make the difference.

For being sheer idiots

Diouf and, as Macca said, Voronin.
I fucking hated Kewell. Babel, frustrating though he was, was eminently likeable in a way.

I fucking hated Kewell. Babel, frustrating though he was, was eminently likeable in a way.

He was, Babel frustrated me more than anything. Kewell was just a poor mans Beckham with an even worse wife and a terrible attitude. When he gave the ball away and clutched his ankle against Milan in the second final, leaving them to run the length of the pitch and score, I wanted to smash my tv, it was exactly the kind of response I'd been banging on about him being capable of. And he promised so much too.

I hated Traore and Momo. They are the two i can think of right now. Oh and Kirkland the pointless gopping twat.

I hated Traore and Momo. They are the two i can think of right now. Oh and Kirkland the pointless gopping twat.
Why Traore and Momo Oncy? They weren't great, but we've had players much worse. And both of them generally gave their all when they played. And put in more than a few inspiring performances at the very least.

i thought momo was great until he knocked his eyes out of their sockets or whatever it is he did to himself

Why Traore and Momo Oncy? They weren't great, but we've had players much worse. And both of them generally gave their all when they played. And put in more than a few inspiring performances at the very least.
I hate players who cant play football mate. Im sure there is loads but those two spring instantly to mind.

I loved Momo, he could be a beast. He could also look gangly and well short of the required quality, and then he could dominate Chelsea and Barcelona. Top lad.

Kvarme
Downing
Adam
Julian Dicks
Scales
David James

There's probably more.

oh, that fat fuck Ruddock.

As a young 'un during Ged's reign, I went over to Melwood to catch a glimpse of my heroes. It was a typical kind of day you'd get when you're due to wait around outside for quite a while - cold, grey, blustery. There weren't many people outside the gates, about 10-12, and the vast majority of the players and staff lowered their windows and gladly signed the autograph books and balls. But there was one player at the height of his fame, now known as traitor or cunt, decided to fly away in his fancy sports car without acknowledging anyone standing there. Maybe he rushed home due to an emergency, I don't know, but I feel hindsight is a wonderful thing. I must say Friedel was an absolute gent, going out of his way by driving round the corner to sign autographs, and I'm glad his career has taken a turn for the better.

I heard a few people say similar things about Fowler back in the day, that he could be pretty obnoxious and ignorant with the fans at Melwood.

I don't like gerrard. I've heard he's a bit of a whopper and I've not seen much to change my mind.

hate = diouf,
dislike - Finnan - not his fault, but a lot of folks on this forum keep going on about him as though he was the living embodiment of carlos alberto, as a result he annoys me.

Kewell
Diouf
Diao
Voronin
Adam
Downing
Konchesky
Pennant
Kewell
Kewell
Kewell

Cisse and Babel

I've tried to like Babel because he seems like a decent bloke off the pitch, but his inane chatter on Twitter made me dislike him even more.

I think this hatred was compounded by the enormous amount of cheerleaders both these players had, and their ability to praise them even when they were complete shit.

I also hate:
Diouf
Pennant
Voronin
Kewell

I don't like gerrard. I've heard he's a bit of a whopper and I've not seen much to change my mind.

Interesting.

People hint at this (further than him being a misery guts).

Squiggles has said a much a couple of times.

My brother can't stand him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom