• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

And does he have the right body type?

That of a golden robot

Good question - I have sized him up, looks a bit chubby, but he can move around, tackle, jump, and shoot well, and pass well. So his body does not affect his performance.
I hear the Asia cup is in the winter - so we will lose him then, which means we can't possibly signing Decoure, who will end up at AFCON. We need to sign a European 6 not an African/Asian 6 after signing Endo.

Good question - I have sized him up, looks a bit chubby, but he can move around, tackle, jump, and shoot well, and pass well. So his body does not affect his performance.
I hear the Asia cup is in the winter - so we will lose him then, which means we can't possibly signing Decoure, who will end up at AFCON. We need to sign a European 6 not an African/Asian 6 after signing Endo.

Sounds more like aforementioned golden robot’s shorter, more feisty little friend.

Is he good at communicating - like fluent in a few languages or is only a few people going to be able to understand him?

That’ll indicate whether he’s a DM or not.

I watch a fair bit of Bundesliga as well as Asian football.

Endo is an interesting signing and will be interesting to see if he can make the transition from Germany to England. From what I have seen of him I don't think that will be an issue.

He brings in the following:
  • Experience
  • Leadership - captain of Stuttgart & Japan
  • Depth
  • Engine for days
It's almost a like for like swap for Henderson - with Endo being a few years younger.

He's not going to be a starter week in week out - with the club hopefully lining up a starting 6, but this signing I'm ok with for what it is.

Wow, I wasn't expecting an Asian to play for us anytime soon.

Consistent performer over the past few seasons for Stuttgart.

[article]
In the 2022/23 season, the 30-year-old has scored five goals and takes second place within his squad. He shares this rank with Chris Führich and Silas Katompa Mvumpa. The player with the shirt number 3 has been responsible for four assists so far and with this has fought his way to 43rd place in the statistics of his club. He was in the starting line-up in all previous 33 games of the season. Of these, he won seven games with his club.

With a pass success rate of 83.43 per cent, he presently occupies third place within his squad. Furthermore, he has attained the fourth position on his squad's leaderboard for a tackle success rate of 55.01 per cent. He is credited as being especially assertive on the pitch. Hence, he has already won 439 tackling duels and in doing so has fought his way to the fourth rank in the league. Few players have covered a greater distance in the ongoing season than Wataru Endo. He is currently the seventh-best runner with 356 km run on the pitch.
[/article]

[article]In his first full season at Stuttgart, Endo was the Bundesliga's leader in terms of challenges, putting in an incredible 476, and such was his importance to the team's cause, he would go on to named club captain under Matarazzo last year.[/article]

View attachment 2895

View attachment 2894

695 - Wataru Endo has the league's highest number of duels won with 695 since 2020/21, his debut season in the German top division Bundesliga. Reds.

Last edited:
I googled his name and it came back with results for endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhoea. Oh no wait, that was for "watery endo".

I googled his name and it came back with results for endometriosis, irritable bowel syndrome and diarrhoea. Oh no wait, that was for "watery endo".

As long as we don’t sign anyone called Dimitriakos to play along side him.

Well, looking at what the Bundesliga fans say, this guy is not Bellingham or Caicedo. He isn't the best player in the world, and doesn't think he is. He doesn't need to be worshipped or paid 10 million pounds a year to do a job. But he has the character and balls we need to survive this shitty season. Klopp will love him. The crowd will love him. Virgil will love him.

We will love him.

You laugh now, but by the end of this season we will all be calling him LEG-ENDO

This is the most absurd signing since Rickie Lambert. He may be a great lad, and we might root for him, but this is fucking bullshit.

I'd go as far as to say that this heralds the end of the Klopp era.

Unless we salvage this with a proper signing, I'm out. This is completely pointless. Sell Alisson, Salah, van Dijk, and frankly put Klopp out of his misery too. This squad will barely muster a top 4 challenge, and Klopp doesn't deserve to spend the last 3 years of his Liverpool career battling for 7th place.

Go the Arsenal way, and rebuild around youth all over again.

Absolute fucking shambles.

Well, looking at what the Bundesliga fans say, this guy is not Bellingham or Caicedo. He isn't the best player in the world, and doesn't think he is. He doesn't need to be worshipped or paid 10 million pounds a year to do a job. But he has the character and balls we need to survive this shitty season. Klopp will love him. The crowd will love him. Virgil will love him.

We will love him.

You laugh now, but by the end of this season we will all be calling him LEG-ENDO

Or bell-endo.

We will love him.

*Screen wipe*

4 months later...

Some member on SCM:

"...and now we're stuck with Japanese Lucas, it's laughable..."

This is the most absurd signing since Rickie Lambert. He may be a great lad, and we might root for him, but this is fucking bullshit.

Unless we salvage this with a proper signing, I'm out. This is completely pointless. Sell Alisson, Salah, van Dijk, and frankly put Klopp out of his misery too. This squad will barely muster a top 4 challenge, and Klopp doesn't deserve to spend the last 3 years of his Liverpool career battling for 7th place.

Give the guy a chance dmishra just read his stats for a start, in Klopp we trust.

Given the position we left ourselves in on Lavia, this might be a savvy move to have an all action DM for 1-2 seasons whilst we properly address that position.

We can’t risk leaving the window without one as we then nullify the signings of Mac & Szobo by playing them in sub optimal positions.

I predict that we’ll sign Andre in Jan and another DM next year whilst Endo runs his legs off game after game.

£16m in this market is cheap for someone who has the experience to be a starter and buy us time to find a long term fix

We just signed a 24 and 22 year old for our midfield rebuild. Supplying it with a 30 year old squad player when we are short on numbers isnt the end of the World. People need to relax a bit, fucking hell.

The other 6 coming in will be younger.

Given the position we left ourselves in on Lavia, this might be a savvy move to have an all action DM for 1-2 seasons whilst we properly address that position.

We can’t risk leaving the window without one as we then nullify the signings of Mac & Szobo by playing them in sub optimal positions.

I predict that we’ll sign Andre in Jan and another DM next year whilst Endo runs his legs off game after game.

£16m in this market is cheap for someone who has the experience to be a starter and buy us time to find a long term fix

We’ve had time and the position we find ourselves in is entirely of our own making.

There is still time for more signings but if this is it or we buy more of the same (eg Amrabat)… then no allowances or excuses are acceptable.

Let’s see what happens.

This lad would have been good, if we had someone like athletic, like Lavia too.

The climbdown is just immensely frustrating, especially when you have had a couple.

I guess this is kind of a Milner replacement.

Last edited:
I think the difference is that a few years ago we'd have been saying that the propeller heads in our scouting department have seen something in the data that no-one else has and that we should trust the process. Now we know some German fella was up till seven in the morning getting lashed playing FIFA and suddenly thought this would be a great idea.

There is literally no upside to this signing. At the absolute best, he'll be like Klavan - reasonable squad player who is well liked by the fanbase.

From a general recruitment standpoint, it's a confirmation that we are completely and irretrievably broken, and the only thing left to do is to smash the structure to pieces and start over.

I could give multiple reasons, but they're frankly too obvious be even listed. There's no value to be had with this signing, the on-field impact will be negligible and the off-field impact will be embarrassing.

I'm sure van Dijk, Alisson and Salah are looking at this, and deciding that this is their last year at the club.

I think the difference is that a few years ago we'd have been saying that the propeller heads in our scouting department have seen something in the data that no-one else has and that we should trust the process. Now we know some German fella was up till seven in the morning getting lashed playing FIFA and suddenly thought this would be a great idea.
It's worse than that..

Some German fella said.. "I know this player.. he's the one.. I bought him for Stuggart.. he's amazing.. Jurg, you need to buy him immediately".

There is literally no upside to this signing. At the absolute best, he'll be like Klavan - reasonable squad player who is well liked by the fanbase.

From a general recruitment standpoint, it's a confirmation that we are completely and irretrievably broken, and the only thing left to do is to smash the structure to pieces and start over.

I could give multiple reasons, but they're frankly too obvious be even listed. There's no value to be had with this signing, the on-field impact will be negligible and the off-field impact will be embarrassing.

I'm sure van Dijk, Alisson and Salah are looking at this, and deciding that this is their last year at the club.

Hadn't really considered the effect all this weird bullshit will be having on players currently being courted by Saudi, but yeah, if they need an excuse to leave they've got several.

Back
Top Bottom