• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

Mac Allister played most of his games for Brighton last season as a DM. I've got no problem with him playing most of his games there his season if it gives the midfield the best balance.

Mac Allister played most of his games for Brighton last season as a DM. I've got no problem with him playing most of his games there his season if it gives the midfield the best balance.

Yeah but will it? If we were as quick to criticise him as we are Endo he wouldn't be playing there today

Yeah but will it? If we were as quick to criticise him as we are Endo he wouldn't be playing there today

Bar the Wolves games he has been pretty good there though, and the Villa game is the best example of how our midfield looks very balanced with him as DM.
For the record he's probably excused for the Wolves game given that he played in Bolivia with a short turnaround before an early kick off.

I don't think the criticism of Endo is justified either, in all honesty.

I'm not going to criticise him, but the jury is very much out on whether he can cut it at this level and in this league.

At the moment he looks more like a Milner type who we can bring on and do a job at the end of games rather than someone we can use to anchor our midfield. Things can change of course, but that's my initial thoughts.

Wasnt he bought to be a Hendo/Milner replacement in the squad? A leader with experience that can play in an number of positions.
I dont think Klopp wanted to set up a midfield of Mac Allister - Endo - Szobo as his first team preference.

Yeah I thought it was more double pivot, with Mac and caicedo.

They often played with 2 DMs I believe. I remembered McA predominently played as a DM at Brighton. He played higher up for Arg.

Yes, they did. As Fabs say though we play with just a 6 so he’s not used to to that.

As for choosing AliMac over Endo at DM, clearly Klopp wants whatever else Mac brings to the table over basically just a solid DM. Mac has so much variety and quality that it's impossible not to find a place for him in the starting team so with Szobo guaranteed a place that only leaves LM where both Jones and Thiago have valid claims too. A nice quandry to have.

And of course when Trent plays that is essentially your double pivot with Konate/whoever covering at RB when we're in possession / attacking.

As for choosing AliMac over Endo at DM, clearly Klopp wants whatever else Mac brings to the table over basically just a solid DM. Mac has so much variety and quality that it's impossible not to find a place for him in the starting team so with Szobo guaranteed a place that only leaves LM where both Jones and Thiago have valid claims too. A nice quandry to have.

And of course when Trent plays that is essentially your double pivot with Konate/whoever covering at RB when we're in possession / attacking.

I'm not sure you could put Thiago and Mac in the same side, they both have basically the same strengths and flaws. Mac is more mobile but Thiago seems to have a better short passing game. Szobo Mac Thiago would be baller but we'd be wide open on the counter

I'm not sure you could put Thiago and Mac in the same side, they both have basically the same strengths and flaws. Mac is more mobile but Thiago seems to have a better short passing game. Szobo Mac Thiago would be baller but we'd be wide open on the counter
I'm sure Klopp is going to play that as soon as (if ever) Thiago is fit to start. So we'll see ! Looking forward to it.

My impression from watching tv was he was tidy first half but much more enterprising second.

Not getting. too excited as second string championship team but good vibes

He was ambushing them on the ball all night. That little ball threaded through for Slobby's goal was also very tidy.
Cracking goal, he was playing those kind of passes all night to Jota and Gakpo but they didn’t make the most of it and often kept coming back.

You could see he was eager to impress, energy levels was good and his work rate is there for all to see.

He looks good in the clips from today's game, but I will be honest with you - I did not want Ambrabat when we were linked with him ( mainly coz of his injury record and that he would be away during Afcon), but after watching him play for United last night and hearing the guy speak post-match - he talks like a guy who would fit into a Klopp team, and seems to have a very focussed mindset. I would worry facing them with a guy like that in the team.

Back
Top Bottom