• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Loaned players Watch - 2013/14

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mclaughlin played 45 mins for Barnsley last night before coming off injured.

Coady scores again for Sheff Utd tonight.

He's just returned from a month-long layoff. Reading the Barnsley fan forums, looks like he wasn't fit but was still played and now he's out for another two weeks. Terrible luck for the kid.

Coady is doing very well at Sheffield United despite the fact there's no one on the same wavelength as him in their team. Their midfield and forward line are functional at best and originally Coady looked lost as his team mates never appreciated or anticipated his movement or passes. He seems like a very intelligent player playing in a very one dimensional team but he has adapted and become an important part of the team. I think we need to see him play in The Championship soon and in a more creative team e.g. Watford, Doncaster, Reading etc to see how he handles the step up. There's still an outside chance he could prove good enough for LFC if he can keep progressing.

Coady is doing very well at Sheffield United despite the fact there's no one on the same wavelength as him in their team. Their midfield and forward line are functional at best and originally Coady looked lost as his team mates never appreciated or anticipated his movement or passes. He seems like a very intelligent player playing in a very one dimensional team but he has adapted and become an important part of the team. I think we need to see him play in The Championship soon and in a more creative team e.g. Watford, Doncaster, Reading etc to see how he handles the step up. There's still an outside chance he could prove good enough for LFC if he can keep progressing.

Interesting you should mention Coady now; I just tried to look for his contract status, and realized that his loan at Sheffield Utd was only extended in January for a month. The transfermarkt site also lists his loan deal ending on the 24th of this month. Wonder what awaits him then. Still don't know when his LFC contract ends though.

Interesting you should mention Coady now; I just tried to look for his contract status, and realized that his loan at Sheffield Utd was only extended in January for a month. The transfermarkt site also lists his loan deal ending on the 24th of this month. Wonder what awaits him then. Still don't know when his LFC contract ends though.
Apparently Sheffield United now want him on loan until the end of the season but no deal has been done yet. I'm not sure he's going to learn anything new there and I'd rather we loaned him to a Championship club until the end of the season. I've no idea how long his LFC contract is for. He's still only 20 (21 in a few days) and hopefully will continue to progress because I have a feeling that he could be a surprise first team option some time soon..

22:57 Goal scored
Goal! MK Dons 0, Sheffield United 1. Stefan Scougall (Sheffield United) right footed shot from the centre of the box to the bottom left corner. Assisted by Conor Coady.

What has happened to Assaidi?
He doesn't seem to be in the frame for Stoke.

Well he's either injured or that little blip of good form has masked the fact that he is..... not very good.

Dated 20 Feb
[article]"He got a block tackle in training and just opened up his knee ligaments," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

"He is going to be out of action for a little while. We obviously hope that he is going to be back sooner rather than later, but it is one that we will just have to wait on unfortunately."[/article]

Dated 20 Feb
[article]"He got a block tackle in training and just opened up his knee ligaments," boss Mark Hughes told the club website.

"He is going to be out of action for a little while. We obviously hope that he is going to be back sooner rather than later, but it is one that we will just have to wait on unfortunately."[/article]

@StevieM
See.
This is how the King does it.

After two apparently good games, and public talk of buying or loaning him for another season, Ilori has disappeared from the matchday squad for Granada's last 3 games, right after the publication of their intentions. Weird. Wonder if it's injuries or just management gamesmanship.

Shef Utd won their seventh League One match, and tenth in all competitions, in a row against Carlisle (1-0). Coady with the assist.

Ilori didn't make the bench in the midweek game for Granada - they actually named only 6 subs.

Ibe stuck on the bench again for Birmingham. Second game in a row he's an unused sub. He's played about 130 minutes over 5 games since joining them. If he's not going to play much, we might as well take him back. Better to train with our seniors and sit on our bench or play for our U21s, than to go to a losing program (they're 3 places above the relegation zone) and twiddle thumbs on the bench there.

McLaughlin is fit again and played the whole game for Barnsley. Ibe got 45 minutes at Birmingham. Ilori wasn't named in the matchday squad for Granada again. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom