• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Lucas

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=46182.msg1389192#msg1389192 date=1314531171]
Fuck me. Nobody said 'Wow, Lucas is the best holding midfielder ever, Didi was never that good!' did they?

If they did I fucking missed it.

What they said is that he played exceptionally well in yesterdays game. Against Bolton. Not against Arsenal the match before, or any other match you may care to think of, but that particular game.
[/quote]

Exactly wat i'm saying from the other perspective.

No body here has said he didn't play exceptionally well yesterday, have they?

This is not the match thread or the match ratings thread to comment only on the game he played against Bolton. This is a general Lucas thread, why so much surprise when people comment on areas he needs to improve or mistakes he has made as recently as the previous game? Why can't people discuss it.....it's an open forum isn't it?

Robinhood said he was "decent" yesterday, and said everyone was getting too excited over an average display

Do you know what impressed me about yesterday? Its was that our whole midfield interchanged positions and we didn't look worse for it. Lucas was the lynchpin in midfield and worked his fucking arse off to make runs, tackle, distribute it sensibly and link up the play. And most importantly he worked his hardest when we didn't have the ball.

£6m? Fuck me, why are we complaining...

Oh and exempted from criticism? Sorry but that's laughable. No fucker is exempted from criticism, least of all on this site!!

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=46182.msg1389218#msg1389218 date=1314533986]
Robinhood said he was "decent" yesterday, and said everyone was getting too excited over an average display
[/quote]

I didn't agree with that, nor the "brainwashed" remark.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46182.msg1389185#msg1389185 date=1314530475]
the true test for lucas is putting in a dominant performance when we are under the cosh. that's what seperates the good holding midfielders (which lucas is) from the great holding midfielders.
[/quote]

Agreed. Lucas has many times put in a good performance when things go our way but I don't recall him ever doing so when the team struggles.

He was very good on Saturday and a couple of times I was left thinking 'wow, was that Lucas who did that?', let's hope he keeps it up. I no longer dread seeing him on the team sheet but there's still lot of room for improvement.

I'd agree with that too.

It's a testament to him that he's turned himself into a player I used to cringe at when seeing the team sheet to one who I'd probably volunteer to pick in the starting line up these days.

Having said that, there's a way to go before we can consider him to be a consistent part of a potentially title-winning core.

[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46182.msg1388756#msg1388756 date=1314470331]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46182.msg1368203#msg1368203 date=1311271771]
Lucas is beast, and hes getting beastier. Soon he will be beastiest.

Wait and see. Lucas perfected it.
[/quote]*Beams*
[/quote]

Pffft, get in line pal.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=46182.msg1389897#msg1389897 date=1314609178]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46182.msg1388756#msg1388756 date=1314470331]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=46182.msg1368203#msg1368203 date=1311271771]
Lucas is beast, and hes getting beastier. Soon he will be beastiest.

Wait and see. Lucas perfected it.
[/quote]*Beams*
[/quote]

Pffft, get in line pal.
[/quote]

Quite. Myself, Ryan and a couple of others have consistently defended this improving young player against lazy criticism for decades (well it feels that long)...

The people who said Lucas was great a couple of years ago were just as wrong as those who continue to deny his improvement now.

[quote author=RolandG link=topic=46182.msg1389151#msg1389151 date=1314523664]
Every player makes mistakes and putting Lucas under the microscope is convenient because it serves peoples agenda. Lucas may not be the eye catching Brazilian with the skill and flair associated with his nationality but he gets about and does his job effectively. He has the winning mentality and attitude that every Liverpool player should have.

It is galling that that amidst all the positives both on and off field that there are members who still concentrate on the inconsequential. If you have legitimate gripes worth discussing then let's do that but for fuck sake give credit where its due. The evidence is there for all to see. Lucas is twice the player he was 2 seasons ago and is comfortably improving all the time in his performances, confidence and stature. If Gerrard can recognize that from close up, its hard to argue with our captain!

Get behind the lad and support him. He has earned his respect the hard way, through his performances. He was player of the season for a reason.
[/quote]

Brilliant post. Totally agree.

[quote author=Delinquent link=topic=46182.msg1389951#msg1389951 date=1314614299]
The people who said Lucas was great a couple of years ago were just as wrong as those who continue to deny his improvement now.
[/quote]

+1

I have been accused of suffering from LID (Lucas Improvement Denial) for simply pointing out he still seems likely to give away stupid freekicks. But he has certainly improved boatloads recently.

Of course he has improved, I have never denied this. He's just not as fucking amazing as everybody seems to think.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=46182.msg1389959#msg1389959 date=1314614981]
I have been accused of suffering from LID (Lucas Improvement Denial) for simply pointing out he still seems likely to give away stupid freekicks. But he has certainly improved boatloads recently.
[/quote]

what about the people who used to be in lucas improvement denial? FLID (Formerly Lucas Improvement Denial).

I'll admit to being a FLID, but come on, the lad has previous. Remember getting sent off against Everton for simply being a dick? That pointless pen at Wigan when we nearly won the effing league. That free kick against Everton at Anfield that they equalised from. I could go on but anyways, him and Skrtel still look likely to do something stupid more often than most.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=46182.msg1389972#msg1389972 date=1314615739]
I'll admit to being a FLID, but come on, the lad has previous. Remember getting sent off against Everton for simply being a dick? That pointless pen at Wigan when we nearly won the effing league. That free kick against Everton at Anfield that they equalised from. I could go on but anyways, him and Skrtel still look likely to do something stupid more often than most.
[/quote]
it's true, lucas' fuck ups in our runners up year were costly.

Wow yet another Lucas thread! As one of his Defenders in Chief, its nice to see people slowly coming around even thought they qualify those statements with a load of crap. :)

Lucas is the glue that holds the midfield together, the platform for the likes of Adam, Meirilies, and Gerrard to do their stuff. No matter who he partners, he does a sterling job. Those that say they can't see him in a title winning team, will only see it when we do. He must be the 2nd name on the team sheet after Pepe. KK himself expressed surprise Lucas didn't have a song. Lucas has been good for two seasons now, so those that only now see it, you're late. :)

with gerrard out it's lucas + 3, as I can't see us starting without a holding midfielder but I can see adam, downing and henderson being rotated.

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46182.msg1390010#msg1390010 date=1314618733]
with gerrard out it's lucas + 3, as I can't see us starting without a holding midfielder but I can see adam, downing and henderson being rotated.
[/quote]

Like Bruce Willis said in Die Hard, 'Welcome to the party, pal! :)

The two seasons he's been relied on have coincided with our weakest league positions in beards.

[quote author=KopKing link=topic=46182.msg1390013#msg1390013 date=1314618895]
[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=46182.msg1390010#msg1390010 date=1314618733]
[/quote]

Like Bruce Willis said in Die Hard, 'Welcome to the party, pal! :)
[/quote]

I've always thought that, well since the deparature of alonso. I still think lucas needs to get down the gym as I thought he was being out muscled by frimpong and was fortunte frimpong got himself sent off.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=46182.msg1390014#msg1390014 date=1314619056]
The two seasons he's been relied on have coincided with our weakest league positions in beards.
[/quote]

And of course nothing to do with having funds tied up in debt and having our worst manager in 50 years. Let's blame it on Lucas.

And the rest of the utter fucking shite we were landed with Poulsen, Konchesky, Ngog etc... But let's forget those players and others who contributed to how shite we were and focus on the obvious fact it was all down to one player shall we?

[quote author=KopKing link=topic=46182.msg1390023#msg1390023 date=1314619735]
[/quote]

And of course nothing to do with having funds tied up in debt and having our worst manager in 50 years. Let's blame it on Lucas.
[/quote]
Rafa was shite but come on he wasnt the worst...

[quote author=Le Chacal link=topic=46182.msg1390157#msg1390157 date=1314628930]
[quote author=KopKing link=topic=46182.msg1390023#msg1390023 date=1314619735]
[/quote]

[/quote]
Rafa was shite but come on he wasnt the worst...
[/quote]

I thought he meant Rafa too, but he means Woy.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=46182.msg1390150#msg1390150 date=1314628508]
And the rest of the utter fucking shite we were landed with Poulsen, Konchesky, Ngog etc... But let's forget those players and others who contributed to how shite we were and focus on the obvious fact it was all down to one player shall we?
[/quote]

That was last season. He said he'd been good for two. He was ok last season but he was fucking bollocks the year before. The massive problem then was him, and his position. We'd just come 2nd, lost Alonso, didn't replace him and relied on Lucas who was a bag of shite.

I already said I'm a FLID anyways. My position is clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom