• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Man United (A) - Sunday 15:30

Kelleher

Bradley
Konate
Virgil
Robbo

Endo
Macca
Szobo

Salah
Nunez
Diaz

I can see the case for Gomez over Bradley too. But that's the team I'd start.. go full throttle.

Be nice if we tore them a new arsehole, but I'd pray for a scrappy boring 1-0 win for us

I have a feeling if we get a lucky goal from a corner in the first 10 minutes, they’ll crumble. Some of their players clearly want Ten Hag out.

I have a feeling if we get a lucky goal from a corner in the first 10 minutes, they’ll crumble. Some of their players clearly want Ten Hag out.
See I thought that, but then the players I assumed wanted him gone started to turn up again.

I just want a routine, run of the mill boring win. Don't get their fans hyped up. Don't rile up their players. Turn up, score a couple, concede none, go home.

See I thought that, but then the players I assumed wanted him gone started to turn up again.

I just want a routine, run of the mill boring win. Don't get their fans hyped up. Don't rile up their players. Turn up, score a couple, concede none, go home.
Don’t get injured

This is it, lads, I think we win this, we are on our way to win the league. A draw would be in line for Klopp and this time who tend to disappoint in the big must win games. But we need that win. And it would be a statement that we are going up a gear.

----------------Kelleher
Bradley Konate VvD Gomez
--Slobbers -- Mac ---- Jones
Mo ------ ---- Darwin ---- Diaz

Robbo, Harvey, Endo on at 60 mins to push the tempo when the lactic acid starts to kick in and drown them. Gakpo and Gravy on at 80 mins for the keep ball warm down phase.

I dont know why we've started fannying around letting United feel like they're a semi competant football team recently, what with the draw earlier in the year, and then us refusing to take our plethora of chances in the cup, but it needs to stop now. One of the highlights of the Klopp era has been our team repeatedly showing up and serving a huge slice of humble pie to this bunch of self loving prima donna clowns over at Old Trafford, let's get back to form and do that again shall we please? No less than three nil to the Liverpool please and thank you.

I’ve written this in a few places but just remember how upset Darwin & Elliot both were after their mistakes in the cup. Both will be out for vengeance.

United will wish they’d never got that winner.

Like when they came back from 2-0 down yesterday? And at OT? And against us? I'd love another 7-0 but it ain't happening. War of attrition but we'll win 1-2.

I’ve written this in a few places but just remember how upset Darwin & Elliot both were after their mistakes in the cup. Both will be out for vengeance.

Yeah I bet Casemiro is shaking in his boots:

angry-beating.gif

That 2-3 to 4-3 late in injury time yesterday must be depleting as hell for Utd. Coupled in with some injuries and I expect us to go out and command that game from the start.

Will be difficult regardless imho. Just win. Please for the love of Fowler just win.

If ever there was a game for us to start on the front foot, it’s this. Press them to submission.

Just when they think we’re letting up we then unleash Jones & Elliot

We've forgotten how. We start after about half an hour these days, keeps things exciting.
It's mad, because we started the season the same and then seemed to cut it out and now it's back to the same again. At key times we really do like to make it hard on ourselves. Same in cup finals a lot of the time too.

Err - they drew Coventry in the SF so I doubt they'll wish they won no matter what the outcome on Sunday

In recent years I've been pretty confident going into the United games, a real contrast to that of the past. However, I'm really, really not looking forward to this. I'll be watching like the 8 y.o Dee used to watch Dr Who (from behind the sofa with my teddy)

It's mad, because we started the season the same and then seemed to cut it out and now it's back to the same again. At key times we really do like to make it hard on ourselves. Same in cup finals a lot of the time too.

Always in cup finals mate. Pretty much for as long as I can remember too.

Hard to remember the last time we won a cup final without it being a bit of a struggle

Feels like not been on a winning side of a big must win game in the league for a while but I know that's probably not true.
This is our most important game of the season so far, we do need to keep it controlled and tight.
Most likely Arse and City will win convincingly on Sat so huge huge game.

Always in cup finals mate. Pretty much for as long as I can remember too.

Hard to remember the last time we won a cup final without it being a bit of a struggle
Champions League final?

Feels like not been on a winning side of a big must win game in the league for a while but I know that's probably not true.
This is our most important game of the season so far, we do need to keep it controlled and tight.
Most likely Arse and City will win convincingly on Sat so huge huge game.

It's true since 2021-2022 Jurgen doesn't seem to win the big big games. We usually end mostly drawing, occasionally losing/winning.

This year it's better?
City (draws x 2)
Arsenal (loss, draw, win)
Man United (1 draw and a loss)
Spurs (loss)
Chelsea (2 Wins and a draw)
Villa (win)

12 games against biggish teams.
4 wins
3 losses
5 draws

Win percentage is 33%

Last edited:
Champions League final?
Alisson had to make a wonder save to keep it to 1-0 midway through the second half. I certainly didn't feel comfortable until Origi

The last comfortable cup final I remember was Sunderland in the FA Cup in the 90s

Back
Top Bottom